Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine

minion

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Saw on FB:

SzZRJq0.jpeg

Asian, don't know if referring to chinese americans, only 74.4% in the trial?

Supersonic

S.Korea to secure more mRNA vaccines for COVID-19 booster shot

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea plans to secure more mRNA vaccines against COVID-19 to use them as a booster shot next year for its entire population, Prime Minister Kim Boo-kyum said on Tuesday.

South Korea has already agreed to buy 106 million doses of mRNA vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna to cover full vaccination of its population of 52 million this year.

The government is also hoping to achieve herd immunity earlier than its November target by inoculating at least 70% of its population with a minimum of one vaccine dose.

"The government plans to first secure vaccine supply, mostly mRNA ones, enough to vaccinate the entire public with at least one shot next year," Kim said.

I'd say confidence is gaining for mRNA vaccine. More countries are getting them as booster shot.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
4 minutes ago, Ender said:

Asian, don't know if referring to chinese americans, only 74.4% in the trial?

Maybe without Indians even lower…haha.

1EA6F55A-D906-4AF4-9648-35CB93D9B5B1.jpeg

Hypersonic
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Maybe without Indians even lower…haha.

1EA6F55A-D906-4AF4-9648-35CB93D9B5B1.jpeg

deleted

Note read the table wrongly... 

Edited by Ender

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

Just reread the table, the asian samples and other enthic groups not valid to calculate. Very low sample.  For asians, only 1 from the vaccine group and 4 from the placebo group.

The number of samples is small 800 vs 16k.

800 is not representative enough 

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Saw on FB:

SzZRJq0.jpeg

So Pfizer efficacy is 94.7% and they always round it up to 95%

Moderna efficacy is 94.5% and people always round down to 94%

So 0.2% is really negligible.

But people think Pfizer at 95% is better than Moderna at 94% based on the 1%.

:D

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

So Pfizer efficacy is 94.7% and they always round it up to 95%

Moderna efficacy is 94.5% and people always round down to 94%

So 0.2% is really negligible.

But people think Pfizer at 95% is better than Moderna at 94% based on the 1%.

Unless you are white…haha. Are you?

If black or Hawaiian even better, 100%! 😁

No la, people prefer Pfizer because of the brand and also it’s 30mcg per dosage.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
29 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Unless you are white…haha. Are you?

If black or Hawaiian even better, 100%! 😁

No la, people prefer Pfizer because of the brand and also it’s 30mcg per dosage.

Ya, when it comes to, my decision was becoz it uses less dosage for similar efficacy. Don't want too many foreign genetic stuff inside my body.

• Praise 2

(edited)
6 hours ago, Ender said:

Ya, when it comes to, my decision was becoz it uses less dosage for similar efficacy.

My half assed reasoning was actually the exact opposite - higher dosis = more effective & longer immunity. (I didn't care about side effects) 😀

Moderna FTW! 😀

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 6/23/2021 at 11:38 AM, Ender said:

Looks like bioNtech or pfizer using another manufacturer to produce their vaccine and we will be receiving these. Suppose to be the same as pfizer, so my guess is it's alright to mix 1st dose and 2nd dose between pfizer and ComirnatyTM.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/update-on-vaccine-category-name

On 6/23/2021 at 1:16 PM, pi3142 said:

The inside story behind Pfizer and BioNTech's new vaccine brand name, Comirnaty

https://www.fiercepharma.com/marketing/pfizer-biontech-select-comirnaty-as-brand-name-for-covid-19-vaccine

All my patients sure take the vial and asked me why different brand name then can mix or not

mix liao sure ok bo

why change name 

effective like pfizer bo 

confirm arm swell fever bo 

many more different strange questions 😬😬😬🤫🤫🤫

• Haha! 1

On 6/29/2021 at 9:29 PM, CremornePt said:

My half assed reasoning was actually the exact opposite - higher dosis = more effective & longer immunity. (I didn't care about side effects) 😀

Moderna FTW! 😀

😀

03101454-4589-404C-94CE-DC6D1AD56856.jpeg

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Latest field study from Israel. 

• Efficacy drop to 39% against infection
  • 41% against symptoms
  • 91% against severe symptoms
  • 88% against hospitalization
  • Protection may get weaker over 6 months. 

No wonder we are seeing so many vaccinated getting infected all over in many countries. But data still shows it's better to get vaccinated to minimise severe symptoms and hospitalization.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/23/israel-says-pfizer-vaccine-effectiveness-down-to-39/

Israel says Pfizer vaccine effectiveness down to 39%

The effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine against Covid-19 has dropped to 39 percent in Israel, the country’s Ministry of Health said on Thursday.

The Pfizer vaccine is also only 41 per cent effective in preventing symptomatic Covid, the studies showed. Previously, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was well over 90 per cent effective against infection.

The new figure refers to the period between June 20 and July 17, the ministry said, adding that the ongoing decline was observed along with the spread of the Delta Covid-19 variant in Israel.

The latest effectiveness rate is significantly lower than that of 64 per cent measured between June 6 and July 3, and 94.3 per cent measured between May 2 and June 5.

However, the effectiveness of the vaccine in preventing severe coronavirus disease in Israel is currently estimated at 91.4 per cent, and in preventing Covid-19 hospitalization,at 88 percent.

Since the start of the vaccination campaign in Israel on Dec. 20, 2020, over 5.75 million people in Israel, or 61.6 per cent of the population, have received the first dose of the vaccine, while 5.28 million have received the second dose.

The Israeli statistics also appeared to paint a picture of protection that gets weaker as months pass after vaccination, due to fading immunity. People vaccinated in January were said to have just 16 per cent protection against infection now, while in those vaccinated in April, effectiveness was at 75 per cent, according to a report in the Times of Israel.

Doctors note that such figures may not only reflect time that has passed since vaccination, but also a bias according to which those who vaccinated early were often people with health conditions and who are more prone to infection, such as the elderly, the report said.

Reacting to the Israeli figures on Thursday, epidemiologist Nadav Davidovitch, a Ben-Gurion University professor and leader of Israel’s doctors’ union, told the newspaper, “What we see is that the vaccine is less effective in preventing transmission, but it’s easy to overlook that it’s still very effective in preventing hospitalisation and severe cases.”

Singapore are seeing similar high rate of infected who are vaccinated. three quarter of it when we are less than 60% vaccinated as a country.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/vaccinated-people-singapore-make-up-three-quarters-recent-covid-19-cases-2021-07-23/

Vaccinated people in Singapore make up three-quarters of recent COVID-19 cases

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 3

(edited)

is this a testament that vaccine efficacy to protect from Delta is as low as 25%? [sly] 

2021-07-23_161636.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

(edited)
On 6/29/2021 at 9:29 PM, CremornePt said:

Moderna FTW! 😀

Yes exactly.

That's why we all take 2 shots 

If people think lesser is better why take 2 shots?

They should just take one only.

How many people took just one? Lesser is better right?

Edited by Jamesc

Hypersonic
6 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

is this a testament that vaccine efficacy to protect from Delta is as low as 25%? [sly] 

2021-07-23_161636.jpg

My post above, Israel has put a number, at 39% efficacy from infection.

However if mRNA vaccines really mess up our DNA then Moderna users will be 3 times the X men and ladies than Pfizer users.

I want to be Wolverine.

↡ Advertisement