Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine

minion

looking at the current case i guess the prevention rate of our vaccine against delta variant is around 60% only??

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
19 minutes ago, Ender said:

Here's some indication of the weakening of vaccine protection over time.. The gahment should consider recvaccinate the HCW and frontline workers who were among the first to get vaccinated and are still in their high risk jobs.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/23/israel-says-pfizer-vaccine-effectiveness-down-to-39/

Think gahment now busy pushing at all those people who have not yet vaccinated, so no time to deal with revaccinate issue? 😅 Also to achieve their KPI on the total population vaccination rate now?!

Just now, Beregond said:

looking at the current case i guess the prevention rate of our vaccine against delta variant is around 60% only??

i would say 50-50 or lower 

1 out of 2 sure tio .... if come close a Delta variant ... [:(] 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, bsswan said:

The CDC is actually saying there is no evidence a booster is required, and least yet, and that pharma is pushing them only for the sales.

Of course, CDC has had its own issues.

I believe annual shots will be required, and hopefully and all-in-one with flu shots. Moderna is working on this since many months.

Hearsay pan-Corona virus vaccine is under development now.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Beregond said:

Prevention rate as in totally not infected?

Our fully vaccinated population roughly 48% - 49%

infected Vaccinated/ Total infected = 546/1210 ~ 45%

agar agar is  roughly the same  proportion, i.e hardly any reduction in risk compare to to unvaccinated.. This agaration didn't take into account those fishery port are high risk, with 80% vaccinated..

But now the narrative is to just look at prevention from severe symptom,, data looks good on this one.

Just now, Ender said:

agar agar is  roughly the same  proportion, i.e hardly any reduction in risk compare to to unvaccinated.. This agaration didn't take into account those fishery port are high risk, with 80% vaccinated..

But now the narrative is to just look at prevention from severe symptom,, data looks good on this one.

I no expert. But i think its not wise for the sake of getting more ppl fully vaccinated they shorten the period between first and 2nd jab.

Now 3-4  week in between only.  And it seem its not really effective  in preventing  inflection? 

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Ender said:

Think the thing now is not about whether you have vaccinated still can kanna covid or not. They keep preaching between vaccinated and unvaccinated people, what will happen if you kanna covid. [:p]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
10 minutes ago, Beregond said:

I no expert. But i think its not wise for the sake of getting more ppl fully vaccinated they shorten the period between first and 2nd jab.

Now 3-4  week in between only.  And it seem its not really effective  in preventing  inflection? 

Ya, I think get full 2 dose protection asap is better  than late.  

Prvention from hospital at 88% is still a very good reason to take the vaccine.

• Praise 2

On 7/23/2021 at 4:58 PM, inlinesix said:

What I meant is MoH data.

That's why it is important to go back to science to check the efficacy.

It Is dangerous for us to interpret the data.

Against Delta variant in a chart but the data is for symptomatic infection. Given the numbers keep changing (earlier 64% to 88% in UK, Canada, Israel, Scotland to current 39% for Isreal) and the range is pretty wide, how they are collated and recorded may not be consistent across. No symptoms, no infection?

43CDBD41-050D-4AF0-BFB5-86F68C3D2E3E.png

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Not data to prove? Think gahment got say all those who have vaccinated and kanna covid, all are asymptomatic and mild? 

image.png.9a965526fb8827df5e5cab7f9d4ae7ce.png

Yes, From paper today they shows the data with and without vaccination and the implications.

however, I thought the data is only ~1k people and what happened when more vaccinated people are infected. Could there be some mortality from vaccinated group too?

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

Could there be some mortality from vaccinated group too?

I believe there will be.. askST will self ask self answer (just like Torque shop or which ever aunt agony..) ""Since the vaccination rate is higher now we cannot rule out that the mortality will be there for this group"

Statistically not wrong.. the sample had changed.

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

Yes, From paper today they shows the data with and without vaccination and the implications.

however, I thought the data is only ~1k people and what happened when more vaccinated people are infected. Could there be some mortality from vaccinated group too?

data for positive case from past 28 days from 25 Jun to 22 Jul.

24 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

@RadX will says ST is wrong 😄

Jun 25 got 1.

1FBFCE91-D715-4807-81B8-7EACB359AAAB.jpeg

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

From UK and Israel data, there are death among the vaccinated people, just alot less..  No 100% prevention. It just a matter of time we will one from the vaccinated group too if we don't keep the numbers of infected low via Phase 2 safety measures.  Don't forget alot of the old folks are from the earlier batch, they don't have top notch immune response for the vaccine in the first place, and the protection weakens ovver time (Israel study), that's about 6 month ago for them.,

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
7 hours ago, Lala81 said:

wait until got booster shot with updated variants. take the same one 3rd time, mlmlwml.

I'll wait for pfizer with the updated delta variants and take the booster as necessary.

But by that time, delta is outdated and replaced by variant X.

The problem is the unvaccinated are the variants' factory, churning out new ones quickly.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
53 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Jun 25 got 1.

Two more days, that one vaccinated will not be inside the chart. 

5 minutes ago, Ender said:

Two more days, that one vaccinated will not be inside the chart. 

It is still 100% despite that 1 case.

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Jun 25 got 1.

It makes you wonder if this was an "honest mistake". 

Retraction issued? Isn't mcf part of sph? No umbrage? 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1