Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine

minion

1 hour ago, Showster said:

Day two post injection. Jogged twice on both weekend days. 

Yesterday a tiny ache at point of injection. Today ok le, can’t feel anything at all.

1 hour ago, Maddriver said:

Thank u bro.. so far did not encounter any side effect. Tested my system today on my daily run.. heart beat looks ok for me on avg  6.15m/km.. i am 45 btw..😊

Screenshot_20210116-073217_Connect.thumb.jpg.3a9075371ed17497ca3f12d5ae8c52c2.jpg

Here is the FAQ from MOH on the side effect

IMG-20210117-WA0000.thumb.jpg.c8c54a897eac66723141b823966fc3bf.jpg

Good to know. Thanks

For those who are healthy, the risk is very low.

For elderly, I mean the very old ones, may be no medicine is the best medicine. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

So many got already, you all minsters huh or health workers?

I also in health care as a massage therapist. 

When can I get my jab?

:D

Now is the best time. Only have the 96% one.

50.4% one not here yet!

I won't say 50.4% which country, I is not racist.

• Haha! 5

Globally the mortality rate after getting COVID is 2.1%. In Singapore it is 0.05%.

Something to think about when you look at the chances of dying as a direct result of any COVID vaccine, or better yet, average chances of dying for your given age group in a given society if you gotten neither COVID nor the vaccine. 

That being said, the arm is still sore for a colleague (about 55-60 yo) who got vaccinated on the same day. No serious side effects as well.

So age may play a role.

• Praise 5

2 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Globally the mortality rate after getting COVID is 2.1%. In Singapore it is 0.05%.

Something to think about when you look at the chances of dying as a direct result of any COVID vaccine, or better yet, average chances of dying for your given age group in a given society if you gotten neither COVID nor the vaccine. 

Death is one stats only, getting Covid should be life changing in at least a dozen ways.

• Praise 3

20 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

But the idea is not to overburden our health care. Our doctors and nurses are very poor thing don't you think? Vaccination will reduce their workload in a big way.

• Praise 5

26 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Those who had recovered from COVID19 will have reduced lung capacity, which is 1 of the long term effect.

Most importantly, we only have 300+ bed in NCID.  It is not just for COVID19.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

All should go for the jab...

so more data can be collected to see whether it’s really safe and effective or not.

I need the data to decide :grin:

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

When can I get my jab?

50.4% one not here yet!

How old is your mil?? 

If above 80 is a good time to take the vaccine 👏👏👏

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

That's a half truth. Depends on the demographic.

2 fatalities from 54,506 infected FW's, most of whom were younger & fit.

27 fatalities from 4,156 local + imported infections = 0.6%

Our healthcare is world class & were never overwhelmed, which kept the fatality rate low. Several survivors made it (who might not have made it outside SG), left with serious long term damage.

Other countries were not so lucky.

We never had more than 32 people in ICU - northern Italy in comparison had 4,000 at its worst.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, CremornePt said:

That's a half truth. Depends on the demographic.

2 fatalities from 54,506 infected FW's, most of whom were younger & fit.

27 fatalities from 4,156 local + imported infections = 0.6%

Our healthcare is world class & were never overwhelmed, which kept the fatality rate low. Several survivors made it (who might not have made it outside SG), left with serious long term damage.

Other countries were not so lucky.

We never had more than 32 people in ICU - northern Italy in comparison had 4,000 at its worst.

Agree with our world class healthcare

N something we are witnessing now in bolehland

Their public hospital is overwhelmed alr but private hospital say they are unable to take in covid cases

This din happen in sg at all

Right from the getgo the moment cases started to rise, other hospitals help to take in covid cases too

The load was shared amongst both public & private hospitals working together to fend covid a a nation

Another thing is our strategy, planning and organisation skills in an emergency/contingency plan from those in our ministries, civil servants, police, army and everyone else activated 

This was no mere feat

We screwed up big time with the dorms

This I believe everyone can agree oso

Singapore's reputation went down overnight once the dorm cases were exposed

But I'm also proud to say we didn't falter from there on unlike other countries not goin name ahhhh

Care facilities were built v quickly to facilitate for infected form workers otherwise deemed healthy to not require hospital care 

U see the army roped in also

Expo, Changi, chalets, certain schools no longer in use (I think) were also transformed n used to house covid positive cases

We also had additional buffer space in tanjong pagar terminal to house covid positive cases

I think this one can house 15k patients

To this day I think it's unused

All these allow us to free up space in hospitals so as we can see our hospitals were never close to being overwhelmed 

Perhaps we were close as gky mentioned but the load was also taken off 

Everytime I think abt this recalling all the news n articles I get abit teary

Everyone worked round the clock tirelessly

While the rest of us just kpkb on social media and condemn wadever the Gov is doin

I'm all 4 constructive criticism 

We admit n point out where we have failed but after that we should look at how we recover from there

Becuz of covid Im starting to slow down my pace,spend time with family n really appreciate wad we have here in sg n be thankful

We R not a perfect nation,nor do we have a perfect gov but I want to say I am happy to be a Singaporean & we R much fortunate than many other countries strugglin out there

Be thankful 

• Praise 14

7 hours ago, Jamesc said:

When can I get my jab?

50.4% one not here yet!

You're a GoodCa... I mean a Good Person. 😁

• Haha! 1

41 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

Care facilities were built v quickly to facilitate for infected form workers otherwise deemed healthy to not require hospital care 

The impromptu organized care facilities were a major feat & definitely avoided overloading our medical resources. 👍

Luckily only a minority of FW cases required serious medical assistance.

Btw, Case Fatality Rate 0.6% for the general population would indicate (figuratively) 30,000 fatalities.

So bring on the vaccine ASAP.

• Praise 1

On 1/16/2021 at 8:40 AM, minion said:

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/norway-warns-of-vaccination-risks-for-sick-elderly-patients-after-23-die-2353257

Norway Warns of Vaccination Risks For Sick Elderly Patients After 23 Die

Norwegian officials said 23 people had died in the country a short time after receiving their first dose of the vaccine. Of those deaths, 13 have been autopsied, with the results suggesting that common side effects may have contributed to severe reactions in frail, elderly people, according to the Norwegian Medicines Agency.

Pfizer and BioNTech are working with the Norwegian regulator to investigate the deaths in Norway, Pfizer said in an e-mailed statement. The agency found that "the number of incidents so far is not alarming, and in line with expectations," Pfizer said.

Allergic reactions have been uncommon so far. In the U.S., authorities reported 21 cases of severe allergic reactions from Dec. 14-23 after administration of about 1.9 million initial doses of the vaccine developed by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE. That's an incidence of 11.1 cases per million doses, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Though both Covid-19 vaccines approved so far in Europe were tested in tens of thousands of people -- including volunteers in their late 80s and 90s -- the average trial participant was in his or her early 50s. The first people to be immunized in many places have been older than that as countries rush to inoculate nursing-home residents at high risk from the virus.

Read that in Norway around 400 of the elderly passed every week. Due to stringent covid measures, the deaths from flu were much reduced. The ones who died from the vaccination might have been the ones who were very frail and would have suffered from the flu. . 

I am one who would not be rushing to take the vaccine. Not that I am irresponsible, but there are no answer to these question in my mind yet.

1. How long can the vaccine last? 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or more?
  2. Will the vaccine be effective against mutated strain, such as the South African strain and B117 from UK?
  3. Any long term side effect of the vaccine, which either have yet to be discovered or disclosed?

All the above will not be a concern for me if the vaccine have gone through the required long term evaluation and testing, but as we all know, time is a luxury in the war against COVID-19, so some "missing" information at present may become crucial in time to come.

BUT, I am not just doing nothing. I have not been attending any gathering with more than 5 pax since phase 2 opening (except one 2 weeks ago with a close friend's family), and will not be hosting / attending the annual classmate gathering this year. I will also be making arrangement with my relatives with regards to CNY visit, so as to avoid mixing around with more than 1 family. It will be an unusual CNY for me this year but I have to do my part in protecting the community and my family.

• Praise 18

not meeting in big group does not mean all is clear

group A (one got covid) met group B

group B met group C

group C still "kena" even never met group A ... which means B and C also kena ...

all kena ... just saying ... 😟

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

You're a GoodCa... I mean a Good Person. 😁

You miss me is it?😂

I am still good after my jab. Left arm still sore and pain. 

would have preferred the deactivated virus Sinavac vaccine, but no fish prawn also can, Pfizer taste good too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1