Rollcall of MCF pioneer Generation-2021 edition

RadX

Turbocharged
19 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Don't remind me that I have bet on the wrong horse 20 years back... 

I started with AsiaOne Motoring in 2001 (actually already participating as guest since 2000 but only registered in 2001 after getting my 1st new car, and thus my nick '8559'), made a lot of friends there both on and offline, witnessed it hayday and down fall.

Popped into MCF in-between during the same period but find that there are quite some non-constructive posts, arguement and even saga involving a very famous member, thus did not step foot here until AsiaOne started to slow down and post quality deteriorated till worst than HWZ. 

Although I am relatively junior compared to vampire @RadX, the middle finger child @Jman888, the creative writer @The_Bear, the toy collector @Discoburg, the TKR @Fcw75, the running avatar @Vtim, the 700k @Enye, the VAG expert @Sony, the Avio onwer @Genie47, the anti-idiot @Theoldjaffa, the auntie killer @Sunny@Magfocus, @Othello, @Ahyoo2002, @Mad_Detailer, @Robin, @Sabian, @Solar, @Pocus, @Yeobh@Achtung, etc. etc. but I have been around for a long time... 

Thanks bro for the tag. 

Looking at this thread and I feel so old already 😆 

Lurked a couple of years and then finally joined with a nick in 2005 and how time flies now.

And it's a good thing this forum survives so long 👍 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, Cheesey74 said:

Yeah i remember bro Pisces69.. hope he's ok n recovered from whatever illness, bobby bobby....

I remember during Delphi forums time I shared purchase with him a drum of purple color engine oil. I was a noob back then.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Not 老大 lah, just that I am much more active back then and can easily clocled >20 posts every day.

It is the members participation that counts (as well as how admin and moderator managed the forum). AsiaOne Forum was also owned by SPH but look at how it vanished in the cyberspace after jut a decade. I was one of the moderator there but have different views with their admin...

Yah we tends to look at things differently as we age, less hot blooded, more contented, and probably lesser / lower expectation. In short, more 'see open' (看开). And fully agree with you, good to see the old birds posting once a while, so that we know they are still doing good.

Yes, this forum is not longer a motoring forum to me after so many years. It is more like a neighborhood coffeeshop, where we meet to TCSS about anything under the sun. Especially relevant in the current situation where everything went virtual.

Yah, I also participate in SHC, VAG, Delphi forums back then. I think you were quite active in SHC for a while when you get your Crossroad right? I am also a fellow Crossroader (2008 - 2012)...

Sometime thinking back, how come we have so much free time to post in so many forums har? :D

Although we have never meet in person till date, but I always associate you with this guy, so you say you tiko or not? :D:D

8IQpLEc.gif

B256F8FE-93BA-48B5-AAB3-3A331DECCFD9.gif

One thing to point out, there’s less arguments nowadays compared Tpg last time simply because there’s the Ignore function. 😬

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Mason016 said:

There was a time every other post here was nsfw. [laugh]

Ptsd man😂😂

37 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

B256F8FE-93BA-48B5-AAB3-3A331DECCFD9.gif

One thing to point out, there’s less arguments nowadays compared Tpg last time simply because there’s the Ignore function. 😬

Yeah

most have learnt the DGAF as there are more important things to do

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Solar said:

I remember during Delphi forums time I shared purchase with him a drum of purple color engine oil. I was a noob back then.

Royal purple engine oil?

Just now, Discoburg said:

Thought you know ben from FJC?

Don't think so. I probably don't have any accounts there. my honda only bought in 2015.

• Shocked 1

22 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Joined on Christmas Day 2002, still here.

Some have left, like bro Othello.

Never see people like theoldjaffa and mockingbird bro post anymore too.

Btw, what’s TKR? 😅

And I thought it was my first cassette player back then TKR. 😇. ....... wonder what happened to that brand 

BD0C5B0B-FF9E-40F8-BB8A-C5048BEE1952.jpeg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

4 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

And I thought it was my first cassette player back then TKR. 😇. ....... wonder what happened to that brand 

Wah lau...classic sia. 😅

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Don't think so. I probably don't have any accounts there. my honda only bought in 2015.

Then I must be mistaken as I thought you are the Lala I know from FJC.

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Tohto said:

Royal purple engine oil?

Yes. That was before the little 1 quart bottles were available for sale. 

8 hours ago, Solar said:

Yes. That was before the little 1 quart bottles were available for sale. 

Wow.. this was so long ago cos i remember that time rp oil very pop, think beginning only this shop MX trading have it then slowly other shop also get into the game.

I always thought the 1 quart bottle r the first available sku, so before that actually need to buy a drum first, u guys really hardcore back then.

• Praise 5

On 1/16/2021 at 10:15 PM, Carbon82 said:

Don't remind me that I have bet on the wrong horse 20 years back... 

I started with AsiaOne Motoring in 2001 (actually already participating as guest since 2000 but only registered in 2001 after getting my 1st new car, and thus my nick '8559'), made a lot of friends there both on and offline, witnessed it hayday and down fall.

Popped into MCF in-between during the same period but find that there are quite some non-constructive posts, arguement and even saga involving a very famous member, thus did not step foot here until AsiaOne started to slow down and post quality deteriorated till worst than HWZ. 

Although I am relatively junior compared to vampire @RadX, the middle finger child @Jman888, the creative writer @The_Bear, the toy collector @Discoburg, the TKR @Fcw75, the running avatar @Vtim, the 700k @Enye, the VAG expert @Sony, the Avio onwer @Genie47, the anti-idiot @Theoldjaffa, the auntie killer @Sunny@Magfocus, @Othello, @Ahyoo2002, @Mad_Detailer, @Robin, @Sabian, @Solar, @Pocus, @Yeobh@Achtung, etc. etc. but I have been around for a long time... 

thanks for tagging. My profile says i joined MCF in 2004... didn't know that. probably that was the time when i started getting more interested in cars.

i recalled we had a MCF league in soccer Manager? stopped playing that liao 😅

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, BanCoe said:

i bet many here would not have seen this type before hor... 😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5