Rollcall of MCF pioneer Generation-2021 edition

RadX

wah...simi daiji?

got give ntuc voucher as long service award bo?

if not, i go back to zzz

😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

5 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah...simi daiji?

got give ntuc voucher as long service award bo?

if not, i go back to zzz

😅

oh ya...you as irriating since 2002 liao...and still are...ahahahha

i started driving a company car, and bought my first car in 2001, just missing out on the $101 COE 😓.

given how non-tech-savvy i was/am, never occurred to me can learn about cars in car forum(s) in earlier years, and only until we bought our 3rd car - a toyota wish - that i learnt about car forums. joined in 2006, but was lurking around and didn't post much, as Wish had a far more active forum in delphiforum, so i spent more time there -- until it went silent... guess all the many early Wish owners all sold off their cars, ha ha...

only in the last 6-7 yr then started to post here more.

• Praise 7

This thread rellay brings out the memories we have from yesteryear, and good to see the old foggies still around and kicking......

Keep this thread alive, to show how long we come as a CarForum...and who cares if we are an UncleForum...we still eXIST!!!

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

i bet many here would not have seen this type before hor... 😆

I have this in my BMW.

Thanks to cassette tape, i have been using ipod in my car since 2007 (i think)

NWY4ZDA1ZjdlNjkzZDhkMzgyYjYxMDMzYTVhMDI0ZjAPIavvltPCVcH4553inWM9aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZmQ0MjI4OWFjYmZjM2Q2NTBlNWYzZTRkYzliMWY0YmM5MjVlN2UxODNjY2ZiMzcyNTBhZmVhODQ5YTg3NTZhNi5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0.jpg

• Praise 4

Just now, inlinesix said:

I have this in my BMW.

NWY4ZDA1ZjdlNjkzZDhkMzgyYjYxMDMzYTVhMDI0ZjAPIavvltPCVcH4553inWM9aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZmQ0MjI4OWFjYmZjM2Q2NTBlNWYzZTRkYzliMWY0YmM5MjVlN2UxODNjY2ZiMzcyNTBhZmVhODQ5YTg3NTZhNi5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0.jpg

sleek dashboard...loved it..

the tactile feel of the buttons is top notch

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I have this in my BMW.

wah... do you actually play the casettes or not? i think all sal gor already leh... 🤣

• Haha! 1

23 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

AM i considered pioneer? Went to a couple of MCF meet up before..

No need to join as pioneer but i go check my joined date also consider not short le. Have also joined MCF for 10 years liao! :D

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 4

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No need to join as pioneer but i go check my joined date also consider not short le. Have also joined MCF for 10 years liao! :D

Apr 2002 for me, must be one of the pioneers! 

Edited by Beanoyip
  • Praise 3

15 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

wah... do you actually play the casettes or not? i think all sal gor already leh... 🤣

When i had this car, i play ipod via cassette tape adaptor.

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

i started driving a company car, and bought my first car in 2001, just missing out on the $101 COE 😓.

given how non-tech-savvy i was/am, never occurred to me can learn about cars in car forum(s) in earlier years, and only until we bought our 3rd car - a toyota wish - that i learnt about car forums. joined in 2006, but was lurking around and didn't post much, as Wish had a far more active forum in delphiforum, so i spent more time there -- until it went silent... guess all the many early Wish owners all sold off their cars, ha ha...

only in the last 6-7 yr then started to post here more.

Wish was super popular back then. There were 8 of them in my company - myself included 😁

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Wish was super popular back then. There were 8 of them in my company - myself included 😁

Toyota cars always super popular de. In company carpark always can see flooded with toyota cars. Lol.

• Haha! 2

18 minutes ago, Lotr said:

The PFL and later the NFL Wish, were the answer to those who got married, bought a car, and started to have family - so likely to have maid - and sometimes wanna go out with parents/in-laws.

Not a whole lot more expensive, but gives the flexibility to take 7 (some will squeeze more) occasionally. I followed that trend too when my 2nd kid came along.

oh, yes it was popular. I remember reading that no. of Wish at one point, outnumbered all other MPVs added together here in SG... BM really regreted big time in losing out that ~5 years' sales... it was only when the new Stream came out, that it took away some of of Wish's share of the compact MPV pie.

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

The PFL and later the NFL Wish, were the answer to those who got married, bought a car, and started to have family - so likely to have maid - and sometimes wanna go out with parents/in-laws.

Not a whole lot more expensive, but gives the flexibility to take 7 (some will squeeze more) occasionally. I followed that trend too when my 2nd kid came along.

oh, yes it was popular. I remember reading that no. of Wish at one point, outnumbered all other MPVs added together here in SG... BM really regreted big time in losing out that ~5 years' sales... it was only when the new Stream came out, that it took away some of of Wish's share of the compact MPV pie.

I also heard about the sales of Wish being more than all other MPVs combined

↡ Advertisement