Rollcall of MCF pioneer Generation-2021 edition

RadX

3 minutes ago, Tohto said:

My job required travel. My team has stuck here for one year already. 

Like that is boh pian have to do what you have to do. 

↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Very true, if worry too much or worry things that may or may not happen, really make life even much more miserable. But say easy la, many times we also cannot fully control our worries. [sweatdrop]

Actually, I have, no bullsh*tting. Go home, turn on TV, watch shows and relax, go downstairs for a smoke, look at the night sky, relax. Weekend, night swim, sit poolside, have a cigar, look at the moon and stars, don't think too much. I don't worry or think too much now. Night, tired, close eye and sleep. Worrying will not solve anything, it just screws you up mentally, lack of sleep, physically. Even when I had to go for medical test etc.. come what may, get the issue sorted out and finished. 

The only shit I worried about was yesterday, Sunday, had to attend Safe Driving Course because I chow red light. KNN sleep, wake up, sleep wake up, donno got test, donno practical driving how? End up, go there, listen watch video, drive 50mins, FO liow, pass and get 4 points back in 3 working days. WTF! :D:D:D everything can boh chap, driving license cannot hor. :D:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

20 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

Yep.. last time if played n timed rite can get new decent car 70 to 80k, now ah no min 100k no talk, really jiak sai era... haha.

Yeah the "good" old days of low COE.

But not just COE, CEVS (now VES) was introduced and also ARF was changed.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Mazdaowner said:

Actually, I have, no bullsh*tting. Go home, turn on TV, watch shows and relax, go downstairs for a smoke, look at the night sky, relax. Weekend, night swim, sit poolside, have a cigar, look at the moon and stars, don't think too much. I don't worry or think too much now. Night, tired, close eye and sleep. Worrying will not solve anything, it just screws you up mentally, lack of sleep, physically. Even when I had to go for medical test etc.. come what may, get the issue sorted out and finished. 

The only shit I worried about was yesterday, Sunday, had to attend Safe Driving Course because I chow red light. KNN sleep, wake up, sleep wake up, donno got test, donno practical driving how? End up, go there, listen watch video, drive 50mins, FO liow, pass and get 4 points back in 3 working days. WTF! :D:D:D everything can boh chap, driving license cannot hor. :D:D

Haha... hanor hanor, knn really everything can boh chap but come to my class 2/3, is really like in lord of the rings Gollum say "My precious......", if somehow kena kantong i confirm cow boh ba sai, minimum depression for 3 months at least.. lol

45 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

Haha... hanor hanor, knn really everything can boh chap but come to my class 2/3, is really like in lord of the rings Gollum say "My precious......", if somehow kena kantong i confirm cow boh ba sai, minimum depression for 3 months at least.. lol

Yeah, some more need to bath flower water and hgo Kuan Im temple burn talisman mix water drink. My red light was because two large MY trucks were in front of me, they turn right, front truck stopped all of a sudden, 2nd one stopped, I kana behind, back wheel on the line, camera snap. NB, at least should have given me time to step out of the car and pose mah! 

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

Both cars cost me $78k each, iirc.

COE certainly played a big part in the pricing.

i was stupid to get the highest grade of the G9, 1.6GLi(A). i think the 1.5XLi(M) was only $72k... my COE was $30k.

then just before it turned 5 yo, got the wish with COE $9k... 😊.

but 10 yr later renewed COE at 59k 😖

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Cheesey74 said:

Yep.. last time if played n timed rite can get new decent car 70 to 80k, now ah no min 100k no talk, really jiak sai era... haha.

when i got my wish at 69k, i remember altis was mid 50'sk, and vios was less than $50k... picanto if i remember correctly, was less than $35k... that was when every tom, dick and harry also bought car...

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

when i got my wish at 69k, i remember altis was mid 50'sk, and vios was less than $50k... picanto if i remember correctly, was less than $35k... that was when every tom, dick and harry also bought car...

even pasar malam also selling cars.  $1 drive away and 100% loan ....

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

I think hardly can find any car forum still going strong like MCF lo. Even though there were quite a few car forum quite popular and active in the year 2000 to maybe early 2010, then all vanished one by one liao.

Some of them splintered out on their own. Like SHC, when the FIT GE model came out, a splinter group comprising GE owners were formed. 

MMF was also a splinter group from A1M. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Lotr said:

Yeah the "good" old days of low COE.

But not just COE, CEVS (now VES) was introduced and also ARF was changed.

And 20 years on it'll be electric car and satellite erp era. But I'll have to take mrt by then 🤦

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Atrecord said:

That was the time I ventured onto 2l turbo cat b car. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Mazdaowner said:

Yeah, some more need to bath flower water and hgo Kuan Im temple burn talisman mix water drink. My red light was because two large MY trucks were in front of me, they turn right, front truck stopped all of a sudden, 2nd one stopped, I kana behind, back wheel on the line, camera snap. NB, at least should have given me time to step out of the car and pose mah! 

Bo bian u sibeh suay lah bro, at least nvr langah the MY trucks.. heee

18 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

Bo bian u sibeh suay lah bro, at least nvr langah the MY trucks.. heee

“Choy, Choy, Choy! Tai kah lai see” 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Atrecord said:

i was stupid to get the highest grade of the G9, 1.6GLi(A). i think the 1.5XLi(M) was only $72k... my COE was $30k.

then just before it turned 5 yo, got the wish with COE $9k... 😊.

but 10 yr later renewed COE at 59k 😖

That era coe was $30k and corolla priced at $72k?! How come now when coe was $30k, why no see such pricing liao for altis le? 

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

That era coe was $30k and corolla priced at $72k?! How come now when coe was $30k, why no see such pricing liao for altis le? 

ha ha ha... 

1. think tax structure different liao
  2. think ADs all keep higher margins. those days for sunny/corolla, AD made about 6k per car niah... now think they need double digit to survive...
  • Praise 2

Not sure if this is part of the mind aging process, but does one reminisces the good old memories, acquaintance (both alive and departed), old flame, ex classmates, conversations, food, movies, songs, cartoons, and craves the warm and fuzzies like never before?

A while ago, I drove back to my old residence without any reasons, stopped by the side of the road, rolled down my side window, and stared at a familiar tree for a long time. I can't explain why I did that.

I think I'm getting old.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 8

22 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Not sure if this is part of the mind aging process, but does one reminisces the good old memories, acquaintance (both alive and departed), old flame, ex classmates, conversations, food, movies, songs, cartoons, and craves the warm and fuzzies like never before?

A while ago, I drove back to my old residence without any reasons, stopped by the side of the road, rolled down my side window, and stared at a familiar tree for a long time. I can't explain why I did that.

I think I'm getting old.

I have been doing such things for many times liao, and indeed getting old. Lol.

• Haha! 6

32 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I think I'm getting old.

~3 yr ago, after i dropped my mother off at Toa Payoh Polyclinic for some regular appt, i also drove to our old place nearby, which we moved out 30+ yr ago, to take a look. It's different now in that the flats were upgraded (i think at least 10-20 yr ago), and the path and part of the field downstairs which we (as little kids) played soccer/badminton in, is now a small carpark. 

SInce I needed to kill a bit of time waiting for my mother, i also walked around the place a bit, and took a few photos.

I admit i'm getting old...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6