09/10 Suzuki Swift Sport, possible to turbo charge it?

jacobfff

Hi guys, would like to know if it is possible / legal to turbo charge a 09/10 suzuki swift sport?  mainly to achieve the turbo flutter sound (sutututu). any inputs are welcomed.

↡ Advertisement

I think its illegal to turbo or supercharge NA cars in SG. Unless it came with a turbo/supercharger from factory. Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by bezza2460
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, jacobfff said:

Hi guys, would like to know if it is possible / legal to turbo charge a 09/10 suzuki swift sport?  mainly to achieve the turbo flutter sound (sutututu). any inputs are welcomed.

It's possible but def not legal. Legal things aside, you need to reduce the compression ratio first before TC. If not get ready a spare engine. 😁 Actually it makes more sense to buy a 1.5 and TC instead and which a few did in the early days.

IMO, the M16A is a great engine, keep it NA. Want TC go for a Colt R.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, jacobfff said:

You have come to the wrong place lor. 

You young person? No hab social media?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGgo6j0kbmaoH_jD5uVB76Q

https://www.facebook.com/sgswifters/

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

You have come to the wrong place lor. 

You young person? No hab social media?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGgo6j0kbmaoH_jD5uVB76Q

https://www.facebook.com/sgswifters/

LOL and which link u provided has the answers? but the first and second reply i got here already answered all i want to know. so your definitely of wrong is?

1 hour ago, Rootkie said:

Can go install speakers to simulate any kind of sound.:D

want sound effect change the exhaust enough.

like my msp got 1 cerato , move out from mscp, the sound machiam lambo, but the speed super slow, i follow behind also fed up😑

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 9

1 hour ago, jacobfff said:

LOL and which link u provided has the answers? but the first and second reply i got here already answered all i want to know. so your definitely of wrong is?

On serious note, there's a few workshops that specialize in swift sports. Go to them for the poison. They will know what's legal n what's not.

• Praise 2

Just bear in mind if suay kena accident and insurer discover illegal mod like a turbo during damage assessment, be prepared to ownself foot bill for own and 3rd party repair plus other claim$ for injury, property damage, etc etc....

That's why i recommend surbo. Assessor probably get a good laugh maybe become good mood throw in a whole new paintjob...lol

• Haha! 1

I dont get what ppl are thinking. The Swift Sport dont need big hp to be fun to drive but ppl just wants to lup turbo on everything. Have they enjoyed the car for what it is first? 

Anyway for ppl who are serious about getting the swift sport the first things they would ask will be what are the issues this car is associated with. What engine oil it's using. Could it use thinner viscosity oil? 

Ppl who go straight to whether can add turbo to me are ppl who come here for spoonfeeding. Whatever it's legal or not is open info at onemotoring website. Folks just cant be bothered to read.

Edited by Watwheels

5 hours ago, Soya said:

I recommend surbo....

Yes, surbo definitely makes things go faster. 

Like money in your wallet. 😁

• Haha! 3

Tia gong it *is* possible, at least in theory, to legally turbocharge a car in SG. There is a thread on this:

Apart from the Lexus model mentioned there, I have heard Mazda Miatas have a legal supercharging option available as well, but don't quote me on this. 

But the restrictions are extremely onerous, you need everyone to look kindly upon you, from the car manufacturer whose product you want to get declared as "too slow" from their own factory - to the LTA/NEA, whom you're asking to do more work to allow you a major exhaust mod to make a car much faster while their entire goal is to do less work while keeping vehicular emissions down and vehicular speeds legal. So your path is going to be uphill all the way. 

FI on a stock NA car is not cheap, at least when done properly (turn down the compression ratio while strengthening the internals). But prepare for your entire "legalisation" nightmare to be even more expensive than the parts plus labour of your massive build. You'll have to do at least as much work as someone getting a self-imported car homologated themselves, and possibly more. So standby at least 30k for this alone. I'm not kidding. And zero guarantee you'll succeed - you'll have to scrap the whole thing and reverse all your expensive mods if emissions testing fails, or they simply change their minds halfway. 

Think carefully. Or more simply, just think - noone with more sense than dollars will go this route in this effing country. In another, more enlightened place, sure, but SG is not the place to be modding cars with big project builds. Apart from some Middle Eastern countries (where both cars and oil are cheap anyway, so it doesn't matter), few countries are as restrictive when it comes to what you can do with your own car. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yes, surbo definitely makes things go faster. 

Like money in your wallet. 😁

Wallet lighter = less weight = more speed

Told u surbo is bestest 

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Soya said:

Wallet lighter = less weight = more speed

Told u surbo is bestest 

Very true. 

TS, follow this advice. But make sure you drive there with FULL CASH and pay FULL CASH. Lagi best is FULL COINS, all one cent, Tiong style. Sure feel something on the way back. NETS, CC all bo weight savings. 😁

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2