09/10 Suzuki Swift Sport, possible to turbo charge it?

jacobfff

16 hours ago, Beregond said:

want sound effect change the exhaust enough.

like my msp got 1 cerato , move out from mscp, the sound machiam lambo, but the speed super slow, i follow behind also fed up😑

since when you saw lambo drive super fast when they are on the road?

drive lambo must drive slow slow one....so other people can pass by them and see who is the lambo driver.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

12 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Tia gong it *is* possible, at least in theory, to legally turbocharge a car in SG. There is a thread on this:

Apart from the Lexus model mentioned there, I have heard Mazda Miatas have a legal supercharging option available as well, but don't quote me on this. 

But the restrictions are extremely onerous, you need everyone to look kindly upon you, from the car manufacturer whose product you want to get declared as "too slow" from their own factory - to the LTA/NEA, whom you're asking to do more work to allow you a major exhaust mod to make a car much faster while their entire goal is to do less work while keeping vehicular emissions down and vehicular speeds legal. So your path is going to be uphill all the way. 

FI on a stock NA car is not cheap, at least when done properly (turn down the compression ratio while strengthening the internals). But prepare for your entire "legalisation" nightmare to be even more expensive than the parts plus labour of your massive build. You'll have to do at least as much work as someone getting a self-imported car homologated themselves, and possibly more. So standby at least 30k for this alone. I'm not kidding. And zero guarantee you'll succeed - you'll have to scrap the whole thing and reverse all your expensive mods if emissions testing fails, or they simply change their minds halfway. 

Think carefully. Or more simply, just think - noone with more sense than dollars will go this route in this effing country. In another, more enlightened place, sure, but SG is not the place to be modding cars with big project builds. Apart from some Middle Eastern countries (where both cars and oil are cheap anyway, so it doesn't matter), few countries are as restrictive when it comes to what you can do with your own car. 

thanks for the advice. prolly the best piece of advice i can get.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, jacobfff said:

thanks for the advice. prolly the best piece of advice i can get.

Glad to help. If you want to mod, get a factory TC car. There are many more options there, even with a stock turbo. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Legality aside, i think the biggest challenge is to get the right tuner who can show proven records of successfully tuning the SSS model (not just any other makes). Any tuner will tell you they are "qualified" to earn your money but best is to hear from other SSS owners who've been there done that.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Legality aside, i think the biggest challenge is to get the right tuner who can show proven records of successfully tuning the SSS model (not just any other makes). Any tuner will tell you they are "qualified" to earn your money but best is to hear from other SSS owners who've been there done that.

Yeah, a lot haolian and claim they are the best, but when problem appears, excuses like, you need to upgrade and change this and that or totally Siam and ignore you. Way typical of the car modding and repair industry here. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 3

13 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Yeah, a lot haolian and claim they are the best, but when problem appears, excuses like, you need to upgrade and change this and that or totally Siam and ignore you. Way typical of the car modding and repair industry here. 

Hard truths bro

Forget about car modding in Sg. Sibei troublesome w unfriendly authorities, insurance liabilities, incompetent workshops, traffic lights every 100m, etc

Wanna chiong, go rent a BlueSG car instead. They seem to be driven quite recklessly by many youngsters....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

24 minutes ago, Soya said:

Hard truths bro

Forget about car modding in Sg. Sibei troublesome w unfriendly authorities, insurance liabilities, incompetent workshops, traffic lights every 100m, etc

Wanna chiong, go rent a BlueSG car instead. They seem to be driven quite recklessly by many youngsters....

i have never modded after my 1st corolla in 2003 to 2005.  all the way 100% stock except for rims ever since.😁 stock best.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

i have never modded after my 1st corolla in 2003 to 2005.  all the way 100% stock except for rims ever since.😁 stock best.

Upsize rim not considered mod. Coz it usually makes the car go slower....lol

But look chio oredi instantly feel maciam got extra 10bhp 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1