[Spyshots] 2021 3rd Generation Citroën C5

Carbon82

Finally a new flagship by Citroën worth looking forward to? The new shape somewhat reminds me of unconventional looking Renault Vel Satis...

Approximately three years ago, Citroen said the successor of the C5 will have an unconventional shape and will basically “reinvent” the traditional sedan. At the time, the automaker didn’t share much but said the production model will draw inspiration from the fabulous Cxperience Concept. Today, finally, we can share the first spy photos of the next-generation C5, showing what Citroen had in mind.

2021-citroen-c5-first-spy-photos-front.j

2021-citroen-c5-first-spy-photos-front-t

2021-citroen-c5-first-spy-photos-side-vi

2021-citroen-c5-first-spy-photos-side-vi

2021-citroen-c5-first-spy-photos-rear-th

From the spyshots, Citroen is keeping its promise and the new C5 will have a very unique shape. It’s not exactly a station wagon, and it’s not exactly a hatchback. It’s definitely not a sedan, too. The mix between different body styles gives the new C5 a prominent profile and the first impressions are for a large and comfortable car.

It’s worth noting that there seems to be a strong visual connection between the production model and the concept from 2016. This holds true especially at the back where the taillights appear to have a very similar shape. It’ll be very interesting to see whether that fat D-pillar has a large window like on the Cxperience Concept.

citroen_cxperience_concept_31.jpg

citroen_cxperience_concept_33.jpg

citroen_cxperience_concept_32.jpg

citroen_cxperience_concept_34.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 14

In that colour combination n shape looks a tad like a family version of bmwi8.

but the production version is jack up like a suv so not sure if it still looks as sleek as the concept.. 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

Citroen and Subaru shld merge

One has shitty mech and the other has shitty design

Ideal is to hv best of both worlds

But reality is probably a Subaru design w Citroen mechanicals

Ok scrap the idea n go buy a badge n live happily ever after

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, furprice_extra said:

I stopped reading at the word Citroen 

🤣

Even so many years later their latest cars still can't be reliable,my relative C4 Space Tourer already went back for repair and is not even a year old

What went wrong with your relative's car?

3 hours ago, theory_87 said:

No hydropeumatic suspension, no go for me... And the rear concave windscreen and fix steering wheel hub is gone just as the soul of the old Citroen.

Oredi the frenchies scale back to basics still cannot get the reliability right. Still want hydropneumatic n dunno what else? 

22 hours ago, Soya said:

Oredi the frenchies scale back to basics still cannot get the reliability right. Still want hydropneumatic n dunno what else? 

well, that is your experience. The C5X7 that my family have dont have problems with the electronics and hydropneumatic suspension. Hydropneumatic suspension is what that made Citroen famous and popular

• Praise 2

On 1/20/2021 at 4:58 PM, theory_87 said:

No hydropeumatic suspension, no go for me... And the rear concave windscreen and fix steering wheel hub is gone just as the soul of the old Citroen.

not to mention the partly covered rear wheels which were a fabulous styling feature ..

• Praise 1

On 1/21/2021 at 6:42 PM, theory_87 said:

well, that is your experience. The C5X7 that my family have dont have problems with the electronics and hydropneumatic suspension. Hydropneumatic suspension is what that made Citroen famous and popular

Good for you! May I know what is your car's current mileage and age?

I love French cars designs, as u can see from my avatar pic. But I had a horrible experience with a DS4. Unacceptable rate of mechanical failures from 40K mileage onwards. Finally got rid of it when it was just barely above 65K mileage. This is despite me taking good care of the car - always serviced on time and only with C&C.

19 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Good for you! May I know what is your car's current mileage and age?

I love French cars designs, as u can see from my avatar pic. But I had a horrible experience with a DS4. Unacceptable rate of mechanical failures from 40K mileage onwards. Finally got rid of it when it was just barely above 65K mileage. This is despite me taking good care of the car - always serviced on time and only with C&C.

It was sold it after 282k km and 8 years and 1 month. I'm driving the current gen Volvo S60 now. But isn't as emotionally attach to it as I do for the C5.

• Praise 2

I wonder what innovative tech they have now in their cars.

Citroen used to be a innovative tech company rather than a car company. After it merged to become the PSA Group the only good cars they made were in the late 70s.

• Praise 1

side profile resemble Citroen DS and C6.

C pillar resemble DS5.

front looks like a cat fish. lol. actually the front, rear and interior is almost copy and paste of the 3rd Gen C4.

↡ Advertisement