Bad driver with 0 training

Karoon

so this confession pops up in the sg subreddit today.

If we're lucky, the driver will repent and sign up for refresher courses (unlikely)

If we're lucky, he will hit 24 points and get off our roads (unlikely)

Or he will get involved in a serious accident involving unlucky residents, found liable, then get off our roads (likely)

Can TP be more stringent issuing conversion license to developing countries?

(Requoted in case original post deleted)

Serious Discussion

He got his driving license over 20 years ago in India, where you just handover money for a driving license, without any sort of test whatsoever. When he came to sg, he just converted that license for a local license without any practical tests.

We recently just got a car. During his first trip around the island, he already managed to scratch the front bumper on the curb. Without his knowledge, I reviewed the dashcam footage and saw how bad his driving was. He didn't adjust his mirrors before going off, switched lanes without checking the mirrors + indicating and even turning onto the main road without looking at the oncoming lane. He was clearly endangering other road users.

I then brought this to light and criticized him. However, he is irrationally arrogant and insists that he is confident to continue driving. I recommended that he go for courses in the driving school but he responded back in spite, saying that I am disrespecting him. Arguing with him has only led to dead ends. I have his driving footage as evidence. Is there anything I can do?

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 4

3 minutes ago, Karoon said:

so this confession pops up in the sg subreddit today.

If we're lucky, the driver will repent and sign up for refresher courses (unlikely)

If we're lucky, he will hit 24 points and get off our roads (unlikely)

Or he will get involved in a serious accident involving unlucky residents, found liable, then get off our roads (likely)

Can TP be more stringent issuing conversion license to developing countries?

(Requoted in case original post deleted)

based on my own experience, shitty and downright dangerous drivers that i pull up alongside to glare at ... are usually our local singaporean/malaysian PR drivers [laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

10 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

based on my own experience, shitty and downright dangerous drivers that i pull up alongside to glare at ... are usually our local singaporean/malaysian PR drivers [laugh]

I cant tell as there's usually one common feature.... the driver and front passenger windows have sun shades

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 4

38 minutes ago, Karoon said:

I cant tell as there's usually one common feature.... the driver and front passenger windows have sun shades

Better to hide their face.

• Praise 1

There is no boundary to bad driving behaviour and definitely not related just to a particular race, nationality or family backgrounds.

These are clearly demonstrated in the reckless driver thread, daily news report, court case, etc. What we can do is heightening our situation awareness and practice defensive driving skill. 

On top of that, I would strongly encourage reporting of dangerous road behaviour and/or conditions to the relevant authorities so that they can take the errant drivers to task and make our road safer. 

• Praise 9

On 22/01/2021 at 7:18 PM, Jamesc said:

Aiyah tell his father why waste money

just take the test and save his money lah.

:grin:

Coz test still hv to adjust mirror mah...

• Haha! 2

On 1/22/2021 at 5:04 PM, Lala81 said:

Reckless and clueless drivers are usually mutually exclusive 😂😂

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Reckless and clueless drivers are usually mutually exclusive 😂😂

yes. there is reckless until dangerous. Those kind i don't go stare at them, cos they are the stupid shits who might do all kinda of farnie things later on. 
Anyway those are usually weaving in and out or in a real hurry, so unlikely i will catch up with them also in my ah pek car.

The clueless or dangerous cos of inattention type, haha i sometimes pull up beside them to see if they really know what the F happened or not. Cos some really dunno. Lost in their world [laugh]

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

yes. there is reckless until dangerous. Those kind i don't go stare at them, cos they are the stupid shits who might do all kinda of farnie things later on. 
Anyway those are usually weaving in and out or in a real hurry, so unlikely i will catch up with them also in my ah pek car.

The clueless or dangerous cos of inattention type, haha i sometimes pull up beside them to see if they really know what the F happened or not. Cos some really dunno. Lost in their world [laugh]

From the description of the child, the father is probably clueless....... 

However..... 

I suspect the clueless one is mother.....probably just to blur line etc. 

Not gender bias or have issue with foreign drivers...

So far all Indian male drivers "dunno local or PR" very very few got into clueless type, probably more gung-ho or more aggressive type. 

Usually those from India PR that I personally know are careful drivers. 

But have met a couple driving with high beam, one was a young girl, the other was middle age. 

Both luxury marque.... Probably the bells and whistles on the dash board didn't made them realise the lights indicator are at high beam 😂😂😂

Just last week at a hotel carpark at Orchard... 

Got one... this time probably local Chinese lady, went in and out the lot 5 times..... 

Then she decided to move to another lot further away. 

Later I parked at the lot she gave up which was quite close to lift lobby. I have to admit the lot was slightly tighter  because the car beside parked slanted. I just parked as much as I can exit.

Probably the lady (she was still arranging her stuff at her passenger side) of the next car might also need to squeeze a bit when she enter her car. I left before her later. 😅😅

"The one in out 5 times was S40 the slanted one was Mini."

I was having quietly laughing, not very wide bodied car leh.....

Edited by Atonchia

On 1/22/2021 at 5:17 PM, Karoon said:

Goddamn shades. 

6 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Goddamn shades. 

Don't leh 

Now my current car I also put those semi-see through ones... at driver and front passenger and both rear windows. (4xshades).

I used to having shades and tinted windows to reduce temp and brightness and sun exposure in rear cabin....

My previous car got mid and 3rd row shades and rear windscreen shades (5xshades) 

I still think those hiding ones are using curtain. 😅😅😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1