Sex offenders should be more severely punished

Throttle2

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Don't know this guy's name how can we avoid having our mother/wife/daughter/grand mother working at the same work place as him? 

(edited)
43 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Killed someone with a Weapon,jailed long time,killed someone with a Car jail 9 Months...this is our Law.

Er, kill with weapon means probably premeditated , strong intention with motive.

kill with car jail 9 mths is probably due to carelessness,  got difference lah.  

I dont see anything wrong with viewing it differently, unless you are telling me that the driver had a motive and purposely drive to bang and kill the victim?? 
then thats real murder liao.

Edited by Throttle2

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

Er, kill with weapon means probably premeditated , strong intention with motive.

kill with car jail 9 mths is probably due to carelessness,  got difference lah.  

I dont see anything wrong with viewing it differently, unless you are telling me that the driver had a motive and purposely drive to bang and kill the victim?? 
then thats real murder liao.

The sentences for maiming and killing someone due to careless and reckless driving are certainly too light to have deterrent effects.

It's no different from swinging a samurai sword in a crowded place. You know it's likely gonna hurt someone. Yet this would definitely get a heavier sentence and perhaps caning. 

Edited by Volvobrick

(edited)
3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

The sentences for maiming and killing someone due to careless and reckless driving are certainly too light to have deterrent effects.

It's no different from swinging a samurai sword in a crowded place. You know it's likely gonna hurt someone. Yet this would definitely get a heavier sentence and perhaps caning. 

I can somewhat agree with your first sentence .
But careless is not reckless.    you can be the most careful person and be careless.  There is still a difference.  
and take note, the carelessness could be on the part of the one being killed.
its all about the intention behind the action, thats what i am sayIng.  
i dont like to debate language nor technicalities.  So over and out on this

Edited by Throttle2