Lawrence Wong: New rule on 8 DISTINCT visitors a day, EOs will do random spot checks

kobayashiGT

These rules happen because Singaporeans buay zi dong.

When got outbreak blame the gahmen.

When low case numbers assume everything is ok. Repeat and repeat. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

43 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Agreed.. I always question WHY Reached office oredi then take temperature? Why not take at home before leaving to office?

So alot of people do things for the sake of doing things..

This measure obviously do things for the sake of doing things. Just implement but they dont know how to enforce it at all. 🙄

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Self-reported parameters are frankly, useless. And panadol is over the counter and cheap. 

And many infectious cases have no fever. I think temperature monitoring is another useless measure. 

Temperature taking eliminate one layer of exposure, limit the number of people will reduce exposure, self-discipline like wearing mask, wash hand, social distancing , following guideline is the best safety precaution. 

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Temperature taking eliminate one layer of exposure, limit the number of people will reduce exposure, self-discipline like wearing mask, wash hand, social distancing , following guideline is the best safety precaution. 

Temperature taking by an objective observer with proper instrumentation is maybe one thin and unreliable layer of protection. 

Ownself take and ownself report temperature is almost nothing at all. 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Jusnel said:

They didn't say the penalty regime if you get caught..... 🤔

It might be a surprise from the judge to throw at u

standard package $300 each lor.

But lie about your history and its confirm jail.

The safra auntie already kanna sacrifice to scare monkeys. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

asdfwe.jpg

The new restrictions before Chinese New Year will include a cap of eight distinct visitors per household per day.

Spoiler

This is different from the current restriction of eight visitors at one time.

But enforcing the rule might be a tad difficult, considering these are houses and not public places.

Multi-Ministry Task Force (MTF) co-chair Lawrence Wong acknowledged that enforcement for this new rule is "not going to be so easy".

He listed a few possible ways that the enforcement might occur if the rules are not adhered to.

Enforcement Officers will do random spot checks, and neighbours might also tell on rule-breakers.

Spoiler

In response to a media question, Wong said that random spot checks had been done before, and it wasn't new.

However he reiterated that it would not be easy, and called on everyone to cooperate and do their part.

Wong also strongly advised those going out to visit to keep it to no more than two other households per day, particularly during the Chinese New Year period.

source: https://mothership.sg/2021/01/8-visitors-cny-day/

a315f8b517b66a7cabb501106b81bc07.gif

• Haha! 1

Actually there is ALOT of verbal(no black and white though) pressure for people to work in office now. I find the rules hypocritical.

They should spot check work places too. That's where all the unsafe practices are happening. Way way way more than 8 people. 

Edited by Tedlhw
typo
  • Praise 6

7 minutes ago, Tedlhw said:

Actually there is ALOT of verbal(no black and white though) pressure for people to work in office now. I find the rules hypocritical.

They should spot check work places too. That's where all the unsafe practices are happening. Way way way more than 8 people. 

See this

If no one bao toh, no action will be taken.

• Praise 1

I think it is good to have rules.

‘most people will follow. I am not going to go Chinese New Year visiting except parents and in laws. Simple what. 

• Praise 6

If it is about maintaining social distancing, then it should not and make little sense just to confine it to family gatherings.

Looks at the crowd at malls, foodcourt, restaurants, places of worship, parks, even workplace etc currently. 

Does it mean it is ok to sit beside a table of strangers but not ok (virus will spread) if sitting beside a table of relative (even if applying the "no miggling" rule? Does it mean it is still ok for children to go enrichment centres and tuition centre because they so innocent virus would not invade them? Does it mean it is ok to go places of worship because there is "divine" protection among "brothers and sisters"? End of day, it cannot be selective social distancing base on personal likes, preferences and self-justification. 

I think this may just be the beginning of more measures to come. Slowly slowly come...

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Alfc said:

If it is about maintaining social distancing, then it should not and make little sense just to confine it to family gatherings.

Looks at the crowd at malls, foodcourt, restaurants, places of worship, parks, even workplace etc currently. 

Does it mean it is ok to sit beside a table of strangers but not ok (virus will spread) if sitting beside a table of relative (even if applying the "no miggling" rule? Does it mean it is still ok for children to go enrichment centres and tuition centre because they so innocent virus would not invade them? Does it mean it is ok to go places of worship because there is "divine" protection among "brothers and sisters"? End of day, it cannot be selective social distancing base on personal likes, preferences and self-justification. 

I think this may just be the beginning of more measures to come. Slowly slowly come...

... on the contrary , it have to be selective to be sustainable. 
Which ones to give up... just follow the government law Lor...

3 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

... on the contrary , it have to be selective to be sustainable. 
Which ones to give up... just follow the government law Lor...

I don't know, maybe you are right.

But some of these high-risk potential super spreader events and places are not sparked off so much due to family gathering but because of people miggling for economic, educational and spiritual events. Seem like being selective and sustainability somehow still have to be judged by $ and cents at the end of the day.

1 minute ago, Jellandross said:

I'm quite happy to see the demise of all the humblebragging visits by non-essential relatives. Good riddance.

Totally agree man.. and the

when married, psle how high, 

when funeral, etc 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I actually feel bad for the EOs.

I don't think anyone like to go "catch" others on a CNY and then risk ruining other people's festivities.

But it is a job that has to be done, so hopefully everyone co-operates and don't make it difficult for the EOs. 

• Praise 3

58 minutes ago, Alfc said:

Must see the coming community cases how lo. If cases zero or less than 2 cases, maybe they will relax the measures again?

Today finally zero community case.

↡ Advertisement