Lawrence Wong: New rule on 8 DISTINCT visitors a day, EOs will do random spot checks

kobayashiGT

51 minutes ago, Alfc said:

I don't know, maybe you are right.

But some of these high-risk potential super spreader events and places are not sparked off so much due to family gathering but because of people miggling for economic, educational and spiritual events. Seem like being selective and sustainability somehow still have to be judged by $ and cents at the end of the day.

Family gathering have spread definately. Its all about numbers. Normal chinese new year got how many gatherings?? Even anti social people like me also got to visit. 

I think the amount of interactions is huge. Good to call it off. No need to explain, against the law so stay at home.

↡ Advertisement

1 minute ago, Wind30 said:

Family gathering have spread definately. Its all about numbers. Normal chinese new year got how many gatherings?? Even anti social people like me also got to visit. 

I think the amount of interactions is huge. Good to call it off. No need to explain, against the law so stay at home.

Yah, definitely about precaution. 

I just hope there is consistency. Since people not going CNY visiting relative because of law, but will they really stay at home like you mentioned. Or will instead then flood to shopping mall, other places etc. law say no to family visit but law never say no to strangers (crowd) or friends. So becomes selective base on individual preference/justification.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Totally agree man.. and the

when married, psle how high, 

when funeral, etc 😂

When single, ask u when get attached. 

When attached, ask u when get married.

When married, ask u when have a kid.

When got a kid, ask u when have 2nd kid. 

KNN, why not u ask me when are u going to die? 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

3 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

These rules happen because Singaporeans buay zi dong.

When got outbreak blame the gahmen.

When low case numbers assume everything is ok. Repeat and repeat. 

I would say its both sides. 

Gahmen continue to import in new cases, sinkies thought everything ok liao and buay zi dong. 

U die, I die, everybody dies~ 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Icedbs said:

I actually feel bad for the EOs.

I don't think anyone like to go "catch" others on a CNY and then risk ruining other people's festivities.

But it is a job that has to be done, so hopefully everyone co-operates and don't make it difficult for the EOs. 

Wait for police case of physical or verbal abuse of EO. Also tio. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Alfc said:

If it is about maintaining social distancing, then it should not and make little sense just to confine it to family gatherings.

Looks at the crowd at malls, foodcourt, restaurants, places of worship, parks, even workplace etc currently. 

Does it mean it is ok to sit beside a table of strangers but not ok (virus will spread) if sitting beside a table of relative (even if applying the "no miggling" rule? Does it mean it is still ok for children to go enrichment centres and tuition centre because they so innocent virus would not invade them? Does it mean it is ok to go places of worship because there is "divine" protection among "brothers and sisters"? End of day, it cannot be selective social distancing base on personal likes, preferences and self-justification. 

I think this may just be the beginning of more measures to come. Slowly slowly come...

I guess in the end it’s all about probability. So far their evidence seems to show that spreading is more at home when unmasked for some hours. Once masked up and if the during of contact is short the risk is lower. 
anyway the safest is just to stay home more. 

• Praise 3

11 minutes ago, Alfc said:

Yah, definitely about precaution. 

I just hope there is consistency. Since people not going CNY visiting relative because of law, but will they really stay at home like you mentioned. Or will instead then flood to shopping mall, other places etc. law say no to family visit but law never say no to strangers (crowd) or friends. So becomes selective base on individual preference/justification.

This year I already told all my friends and relatives I won't be visiting, nor am I allowing people to visit my place. 

Going to be a quiet Ox year, just the way I like it 😆

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

8 pax just nice for 2 tables of MJ.

PAP very goot :XD:

Wrong. Who is going to serve the tea and nut?

Edited by Kopites
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

I think it is good to have rules.

‘most people will follow. I am not going to go Chinese New Year visiting except parents and in laws. Simple what. 

Right before making your way there is better to check  your number in queue! Max 8 per day.

Hello... uncle's family of 5 there yet? No! Than reserve 4 pax. We are on our way.

Hahaha it will be hilarious!🤣

....gong xi gong xi...how many pax being to your place today yet?

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Totally agree man.. and the

when married, psle how high, 

when funeral, etc 😂

Where you work, how many people under you? Where you fly for work la....................

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Guess this will be one quiet CNY after all.

Not really quiet because hundred thousand of malaysian will be celebrating cny in Singapore.

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

This year I already told all my friends and relatives I won't be visiting, nor am I allowing people to visit my place. 

Going to be a quiet Ox year, just the way I like it 😆

One year quiet cny ok one la. Would not affect anything even no visiting. Lol.

• Praise 3

23 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

I would say its both sides. 

Gahmen continue to import in new cases, sinkies thought everything ok liao and buay zi dong. 

U die, I die, everybody dies~ 

Everyday the main stream media being brain washing...number of cases 20. Imported 20..all SHN! Community spread 0. 

So how?🤣

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Right before making your way there is better to check  your number in queue! Max 8 per day.

Hello... uncle's family of 5 there yet? No! Than reserve 4 pax. We are on our way.

Hahaha it will be hilarious!🤣

....gong xi gong xi...how many pax being to your place today yet?

For those must go visiting this cny have to set off super early, so that quota for the house that you are going to visit have not exceeded yet.

This year cny cannot go visiting in the evening or night, cause by then most household quota already met liao. 😂

13 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Where you work, how many people under you? Where you fly for work la....................

tenor.gif

As @Mazdaowner will say

like kempetai interrogation 😂😂

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

For those must go visiting this cny have to set off super early, so that quota for the house that you are going to visit have not exceeded yet.

This year cny cannot go visiting in the evening or night, cause by then most household quota already met liao. 😂

Zoom visiting loh :grin:

• Praise 3

51 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I guess in the end it’s all about probability. So far their evidence seems to show that spreading is more at home when unmasked for some hours. Once masked up and if the during of contact is short the risk is lower. 
anyway the safest is just to stay home more. 

I kind of agree with this. I think after the mask up rule is done, the spread really seems much less, even though shopping center is very crowded. 

I go Jewel today with family and honestly only lunch I take off mask. If you are asymtompic with mask, really got very very little chance of spread. 

Months ago, when all this started we were seeing people going to work EVEN when sick... so easy spread. Now many people work from home. Sick sure stay at home. It seems to be much different. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1