Lawrence Wong: New rule on 8 DISTINCT visitors a day, EOs will do random spot checks

kobayashiGT

7 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

wah .. can take MRT from Tuas to Tampinese .... huat ah!

And back. 2 hour+.

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Mazdaowner said:

Don’t visit lor. Even better. Think of the environment, fuel emissions, carbon footprint, simi sai footprint👣 also come out. After even dinner with my family, relax liow watch movie, YAY! 1st observe fengshui, evening go do the MOST important thing. MAHJONG! 

Yeah, my wife was telling me just visit parents good enough :grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

Must see the coming community cases how lo. If cases zero or less than 2 cases, maybe they will relax the measures again?

Today finally zero community case.

Hahaha LW news came out then today zero case? so Chun ah? Lol.... tio beh pio also not so chun la...

I HATE it when he mentioned the neighbours go bao toh their neighbours.. KNN, is this SingaSoviet Union? Is the MOH our new KGB?? what years spent on spreading total defence, now one word is OK to bao toh your neighbour will tear away the decades of trust we built up with our neighbours in our HDB blocks.. what social defence, what social fabric will tear??? is the Govt tear it themselves, to save their own assess for running out of ideas to contain this stupid virus.. now is grasping at straws n pushing the blame to the peasants and you die is your biz.. KNN.. pui!  limpei will gladly spend $300 to ferret out who is the traitors among our neighbourhood.. KNN.. when disaster come, you will see true human heart... good la COVID-19, u did some good... 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Lurpsexx said:

I HATE it when he mentioned the neighbours go bao toh their neighbours.. KNN, is this SingaSoviet Union? Is the MOH our new KGB?? what years spent on spreading total defence, now one word is OK to bao toh your neighbour will tear away the decades of trust we built up with our neighbours in our HDB blocks.. what social defence, what social fabric will tear??? is the Govt tear it themselves, to save their own assess for running out of ideas to contain this stupid virus.. now is grasping at straws n pushing the blame to the peasants and you die is your biz.. KNN.. pui!  limpei will gladly spend $300 to ferret out who is the traitors among our neighbourhood.. KNN.. when disaster come, you will see true human heart... good la COVID-19, u did some good... 

Scholar mentality :grin:

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Lurpsexx said:

Hahaha LW news came out then today zero case? so Chun ah? Lol.... tio beh pio also not so chun la...

They already discarded the "trust" when TT happened.

10 hours ago, ALTK said:

Q: During CNY if ambassador come must give ang bao onot ah?

Not I ask wan 🤣

Maybe can give 2 oranges...got lots of vitamin c...good for immune🍊🍊

22 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

asdfwe.jpg

The new restrictions before Chinese New Year will include a cap of eight distinct visitors per household per day.

This is different from the current restriction of eight visitors at one time.

But enforcing the rule might be a tad difficult, considering these are houses and not public places.

Multi-Ministry Task Force (MTF) co-chair Lawrence Wong acknowledged that enforcement for this new rule is "not going to be so easy".

He listed a few possible ways that the enforcement might occur if the rules are not adhered to.

Enforcement Officers will do random spot checks, and neighbours might also tell on rule-breakers.

In response to a media question, Wong said that random spot checks had been done before, and it wasn't new.

However he reiterated that it would not be easy, and called on everyone to cooperate and do their part.

Wong also strongly advised those going out to visit to keep it to no more than two other households per day, particularly during the Chinese New Year period.

source: https://mothership.sg/2021/01/8-visitors-cny-day/

It's one thing to check on public spaces, it's another thing to check on private spaces. I mean as long as the person do not cause any harm to another individual, check on private spaces? This to me it is a little bit more to invasion of privacy already. 

The intention is good, but where do we draw a line? If a clear line is not drawn, what if in future there is new rule stating that authorities can check on private household on what they are doing privately (for example) and etc? This is because he had just set a president that will be a new normal to go and check on private household where there is no harm to individuals. 

So with this new requirements in place and spot checking in private spaces, hope he and authorities to discuss and come out with clear line to be drawn so that it will not go out of hand in authority checking in private space in the future. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

9 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Yeah, my wife was telling me just visit parents good enough :grin:

My parents we cannot visit. CNY cannot go cemetery. 🤣🤣🤣 

Edited by Mazdaowner
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Lurpsexx said:

Sad to say, there are many MudderCB who do this as if it’s a living. I go down to smoke, one arseHo come and take photo, pretend as much as he can as if taking photos of the opp building but really trying to take mine to submit to NEA. I F him up and tell him I will sue him under PDPA if he don’t delete, so I watch him delete plus clear his trash. Not scared mah, call police he tio, I was smoking outside of the common sheltered area lor. 

Nothing sad lah, what we did during service to see how we are treated today is depressing lor, people who come here to work treat us like shit lor. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, currypuff said:

Maybe can give 2 oranges...got lots of vitamin c...good for immune🍊🍊

I give mine from below, got wrinkled skin. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Renegade777 said:

And there are so many crowded places in public areas. Many don't even have the 1 metre social distancing. 

Mask is mandatory outside, in crowded shopping centres, MRT, etc, which seems to be our first line of defense. Maybe they should add a mask at home rule, which is even more difficult to enforce (and stupid). So put in a 8-pax-be-socially-responsible rule loh.

We have speed limit on Expressway but still we have people speeding, imagine Singapore without speed limit. Ho say liow.  😂

It is risk mitigation and not elimination, at the least possible cost to society. Why so many people kpkb for what?  

I will just visit my parents and in laws this year. Got better things to worry about 

• Praise 1

CNY coming.  Have you already done the home spring cleaning?

Remember to also set up  the social distancing measures in your house.

social distancing.JPG

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Mask is mandatory outside, in crowded shopping centres, MRT, etc, which seems to be our first line of defense. Maybe they should add a mask at home rule, which is even more difficult to enforce (and stupid). So put in a 8-pax-be-socially-responsible rule loh.

We have speed limit on Expressway but still we have people speeding, imagine Singapore without speed limit. Ho say liow.  😂

It is risk mitigation and not elimination, at the least possible cost to society. Why so many people kpkb for what?  

I will just visit my parents and in laws this year. Got better things to worry about 

I guess it's the overbearing privacy intrusion, in the name of safety, that's irking myself and mazdaowner.. there must be a line drawn between the good of the whole vs the individual, for a dangerous precedent will be set for future govt to misuse.. And I'd certainly dun wan to live in fear of an anonymous knock on my door, even if I've done nothing wrong at all.. The anxiety is uncalled for.. just like the KGB coming in CNY..

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Lurpsexx said:

I guess it's the overbearing privacy intrusion, in the name of safety, that's irking myself and mazdaowner.. there must be a line drawn between the good of the whole vs the individual, for a dangerous precedent will be set for future govt to misuse.. And I'd certainly dun wan to live in fear of an anonymous knock on my door, even if I've done nothing wrong at all.. The anxiety is uncalled for.. just like the KGB coming in CNY..

Bobian, extreme time calls for extreme measures. We hang together or we are hanged separately. Like the Americans.

I am looking at what options the authority have. There aren't many but i agree asking neighbors to bao toh on one another is bad. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2