Lawrence Wong: New rule on 8 DISTINCT visitors a day, EOs will do random spot checks

kobayashiGT

Turbocharged
On 1/23/2021 at 9:13 AM, Karoon said:

"However he reiterated that it would not be easy, and called on everyone to cooperate and do their part."

Coming soon.... A bao toh hotline

If 1 successful baotoh can get $500 angpao, confirm will work :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

31 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

If 1 successful baotoh can get $500 angpao, confirm will work :D

100% chop and stamp! Wait $500 is voucher or some other sai, no one want to do. 😂🤣😂

Edited by Mazdaowner

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Mazdaowner said:

100% chop and stamp! Wait $500 is voucher or some other sai, no one want to do. 😂🤣😂

If I m zheng Hu, no need all these parking warden or traffic enforcers or social distance ambassadors. Just use bao toh kia, save cost and highly efficient :D

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Lurpsexx said:

Hahaha LW news came out then today zero case? so Chun ah? Lol.... tio beh pio also not so chun la...

I HATE it when he mentioned the neighbours go bao toh their neighbours.. KNN, is this SingaSoviet Union? Is the MOH our new KGB?? what years spent on spreading total defence, now one word is OK to bao toh your neighbour will tear away the decades of trust we built up with our neighbours in our HDB blocks.. what social defence, what social fabric will tear??? is the Govt tear it themselves, to save their own assess for running out of ideas to contain this stupid virus.. now is grasping at straws n pushing the blame to the peasants and you die is your biz.. KNN.. pui!  limpei will gladly spend $300 to ferret out who is the traitors among our neighbourhood.. KNN.. when disaster come, you will see true human heart... good la COVID-19, u did some good... 

They already infected by CECA mentality...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

36 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

If I m zheng Hu, no need all these parking warden or traffic enforcers or social distance ambassadors. Just use bao toh kia, save cost and highly efficient :D

They have this in Taiwan. Throw rubbish, traffic offense, Covid SHN leave house, report, tio they get don’t know how much NT$, if I recall NT$300-500 per time. 

• Praise 2

22 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

When single, ask u when get attached. 

When attached, ask u when get married.

When married, ask u when have a kid.

When got a kid, ask u when have 2nd kid. 

KNN, why not u ask me when are u going to die? 😁

Of all things, they don’t ask pp how many times per week :grin:

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Bobian, extreme time calls for extreme measures. We hang together or we are hanged separately. Like the Americans.

I am looking at what options the authority have. There aren't many but i agree asking neighbors to bao toh on one another is bad. 

I feel as long as they have come up with protocol on what is the limit and applies to future too then should be okay. If there is no protocol on what is the limit, then very dangerous. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

I feel as long as they have come up with protocol on what is the limit and applies to future too then should be okay. If there is no protocol on what is the limit, then very dangerous. 

Hopefully people would follow lo. If not also no use. 

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Yewheng said:

It's one thing to check on public spaces, it's another thing to check on private spaces. I mean as long as the person do not cause any harm to another individual, check on private spaces? This to me it is a little bit more to invasion of privacy already. 

The intention is good, but where do we draw a line? If a clear line is not drawn, what if in future there is new rule stating that authorities can check on private household on what they are doing privately (for example) and etc? This is because he had just set a president that will be a new normal to go and check on private household where there is no harm to individuals. 

So with this new requirements in place and spot checking in private spaces, hope he and authorities to discuss and come out with clear line to be drawn so that it will not go out of hand in authority checking in private space in the future. 

i completely agree. I actually think this is overreach. Correct me if i am wrong, these so called "safe distancing ambassadors" are mostly those kena retrench or out of job guys doing this. They are given minimal or no training. 

Many of them look outright loutish to me.  I have seen reports where they threaten and harass shop owners, asking for discounts, otherwise they will enforce strictly. Feels like a scene from 1970s HK cop movie.

Put it these way, they are NOT properly trained law enforcement officer.

And now we hand this big stick to these people, where they can enter any private residence just to just check on you at any time? What are the guidelines here? They wanna enter your house 3am they can, or 4am , they can? Or to harass you they check your house 10 times a day? No warrant, no police around, they can search the house? I think this policy needs to be rethought. There is plenty of scope for abuse here.

Basically i will not allow these people to enter my house, without proper warrant, or uniformed police officers around.      

• Praise 2
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/23/2021 at 11:57 AM, Turboflat4 said:

Self-reported parameters are frankly, useless. And panadol is over the counter and cheap. 

And many infectious cases have no fever. I think temperature monitoring is another useless measure. 

Wait till you see the wayang safe entry measures at shopping malls and office buildings.

Try to show them the Safe Entry scanned at another building the day before and you will still be granted entry.  

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

21 hours ago, Lurpsexx said:

Hahaha LW news came out then today zero case? so Chun ah? Lol.... tio beh pio also not so chun la...

I HATE it when he mentioned the neighbours go bao toh their neighbours.. KNN, is this SingaSoviet Union? Is the MOH our new KGB?? what years spent on spreading total defence, now one word is OK to bao toh your neighbour will tear away the decades of trust we built up with our neighbours in our HDB blocks.. what social defence, what social fabric will tear??? is the Govt tear it themselves, to save their own assess for running out of ideas to contain this stupid virus.. now is grasping at straws n pushing the blame to the peasants and you die is your biz.. KNN.. pui!  limpei will gladly spend $300 to ferret out who is the traitors among our neighbourhood.. KNN.. when disaster come, you will see true human heart... good la COVID-19, u did some good... 

What an excellent opportunity to sabotage your neighbour, with the strong support from the govt. 

This campaign can go down the drain.

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/community/caring-for-your-neighbours/good-neighbours-movement-page

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Tedlhw said:

i completely agree. I actually think this is overreach. Correct me if i am wrong, these so called "safe distancing ambassadors" are mostly those kena retrench or out of job guys doing this. They are given minimal or no training. 

Many of them look outright loutish to me.  I have seen reports where they threaten and harass shop owners, asking for discounts, otherwise they will enforce strictly. Feels like a scene from 1970s HK cop movie.

Put it these way, they are NOT properly trained law enforcement officer.

And now we hand this big stick to these people, where they can enter any private residence just to just check on you at any time? What are the guidelines here? They wanna enter your house 3am they can, or 4am , they can? Or to harass you they check your house 10 times a day? No warrant, no police around, they can search the house? I think this policy needs to be rethought. There is plenty of scope for abuse here.

Basically i will not allow these people to enter my house, without proper warrant, or uniformed police officers around.      

I won't as well. Don't think they have proper authority to enter. They will call 911. 

• Praise 2

I still think this new measures are ridiculous 

Why they didn't impose this in office environment? Not more than 8 staff in one office location and cannot visit more than 2 offices in each day?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

38 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

I still think this new measures are ridiculous 

Why they didn't impose this in office environment? Not more than 8 staff in one office location and cannot visit more than 2 offices in each day?

Becoz our gahmen worship GDP. GDP is the god of all. Cannot anyhow cut GDP.

Social fabric of community shredded never mind. GDP cut cannot

• Praise 1