Lawrence Wong: New rule on 8 DISTINCT visitors a day, EOs will do random spot checks

kobayashiGT

34 minutes ago, 13177 said:

They are the one who want to go into phase 3 and allowed up to 8 persons gathering, and now they worry CNY might cause a spike in community cases and ask people to abide to new rules? 😅

I think on the whole, it looks scary even when you limit to 8 people.

Some people just simply don't care about social distancing or are complacent. The COVID fight is far from over.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Some people just simply don't care about social distancing or are complacent. The COVID fight is far from over.

Read the news on chinatown ?

https://mothership.sg/2021/02/chinatown-singapore-covid-19-cny-2021/

Edited by Kopites
  • Shocked 1

34 minutes ago, Kopites said:

A team of 10 safe distancing ambassadors faced difficulties in trying to manage the crowds, TNP added.

Crowd control proved difficult as reinforcements were called in to help manage the sheer number of people passing through.

One safe distancing ambassador said: "We even activated teams from Orchard and other areas to come over and help, along with assistance from police officers.

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Nod....nod....

In the article one stall owner even asked customer to utilize the safe entry scan next stall. Really face palm.

"A woman selling festive snacks even repeatedly asked TNP if the reporters wanted to buy anything.

She subsequently pointed to a neighbouring shop and said: "There is a QR code next to our shop. It is the same if you scan next door."

Edited by Kopites
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

I see many people now already dont care about social distancing and are complacent, dont think only some people. Luckily so far dont have one person who is covid asymptomatic among the crowds, like the chinatown crowds. If not surely we will go back to phase 1 or even another CB.

• Praise 1

I also a bit wary of large gatherings during CNY.

Really enjoying this phase 2 or 3 conditions now - can still wfh while enjoying most shops, services and facilities that are already open (sometimes during working hours ...haha). Every time I see community cases spike up, get a little worried that my little paradise lifestyle will be disrupted by another lockdown.

Honestly I don't see the point of having all these half-past-6 measures like limiting visitor numbers etc. Want to be bold, just continue to ban all these large bazaars etc. Put barricades and limit visitor counts to congested places in chinatown, and many other measures can be taken. Without cancelling CNY, and anyway, the public holidays is still there - to me that's the most important, and availability of food [laugh] over the eve, day 1 and 2. Sorry, not very traditional type of person.

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I see many people now already dont care about social distancing and are complacent, dont think only some people. Luckily so far dont have one person who is covid asymptomatic among the crowds, like the chinatown crowds. If not surely we will go back to phase 1 or even another CB.

Wanna bet? I am sure there are always a few ... just that we are masked, and are outdoors, chances are very very small to get infected. But still a chance. That's why when initial community cases appear after some time, it's always "unlinked".

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Yes, all it takes is just one asymptomatic to slip through the cracks.

He mingles with groups of 8, then next 8, then next 8, heck care about social distancing.

Even if all are vaccinated, the highest efficacy of 95%, soon it will spread again, albeit slower, but still enough to spread.

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Kb27 said:

He mingles with groups of 8, then next 8, then next 8, heck care about social distancing.

Even if all are vaccinated, the highest efficacy of 95%, soon it will spread again, albeit slower, but still enough to spread.

If we have to go thru another CB, it would be a total F to the economy. It's already F as it is now. 

That said, driving would be such a dream again like during CB. 

• Haha! 1

On 27/01/2021 at 5:46 PM, Mazdaowner said:

During that period, driving was so peaceful. AYE, MCE all boh chia! Got one or two lah, but still far cry from normal day. 

I think now back to normal liao. Boss with red eye feels work from home is not productive. Only because last time dont have work from home except for remote workers in australia n uk.

Now get to experience what is work from home like, i think car lite may need to be re look as there is impact to the economy when people dont go to office. 

6 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I think now back to normal liao. Boss with red eye feels work from home is not productive. Only because last time dont have work from home except for remote workers in australia n uk.

Now get to experience what is work from home like, i think car lite may need to be re look as there is impact to the economy when people dont go to office. 

If WFH car usage down, and we don't know how long this is going to go on. WFH for me is not possible, have to be in the office regardless. 

If for you WFH, you might have to rethink car ownership, like I said, don't know how long this is going to be before it's "NORMAL" again, as in not having to don a mask and all that social distancing. 

22 minutes ago, Mazdaowner said:

If we have to go thru another CB, it would be a total F to the economy. It's already F as it is now. 

That said, driving would be such a dream again like during CB. 

Definitely if another CB or even phase 1 with the closing of some business, economy would be totally F. So people really need to be more self discipline on the safe distancing and gathering. People cannot thought by wearing of mask, spreading of covid would not happen at all.

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Sosaria said:

I also a bit wary of large gatherings during CNY.

Really enjoying this phase 2 or 3 conditions now - can still wfh while enjoying most shops, services and facilities that are already open (sometimes during working hours ...haha). Every time I see community cases spike up, get a little worried that my little paradise lifestyle will be disrupted by another lockdown.

Honestly I don't see the point of having all these half-past-6 measures like limiting visitor numbers etc. Want to be bold, just continue to ban all these large bazaars etc. Put barricades and limit visitor counts to congested places in chinatown, and many other measures can be taken. Without cancelling CNY, and anyway, the public holidays is still there - to me that's the most important, and availability of food [laugh] over the eve, day 1 and 2. Sorry, not very traditional type of person.

12 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Wanna bet? I am sure there are always a few ... just that we are masked, and are outdoors, chances are very very small to get infected. But still a chance. That's why when initial community cases appear after some time, it's always "unlinked".

9 hours ago, Kb27 said:

The elephant in the room is still public transport.  How do you convince people that crowds are unsafe and social distancing is important when being confined in an enclosed place full people (mrt) is safe?

8 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

The elephant in the room is still public transport.  How do you convince people that crowds are unsafe and social distancing is important when being confined in an enclosed place full people (mrt) is safe?

If ppl don't use common sense, nothing can help them.

Whenever MRT or lift is packed, i skip it.

• Praise 1

Now when I go to coffee shops and hawker centers during peak hours or weekends,  what I see makes me exclaim, " Where got social distancing?!"

1 hour ago, Mazdaowner said:

If WFH car usage down, and we don't know how long this is going to go on. WFH for me is not possible, have to be in the office regardless. 

If for you WFH, you might have to rethink car ownership, like I said, don't know how long this is going to be before it's "NORMAL" again, as in not having to don a mask and all that social distancing. 

I know, there was a huge spin up for companies that required to keep the employee safe, yet require the employee to perform work at the office for AutoCad workstation thats super duper powerful.

There was some solution vendors that help provided that need and those that was savvy enough to adopt new technology quickly powered forward without work quality affected.

Of course those that have to go to a Remote customer site for security ring fence, those boh pian have to go to the customer site and claim mileage.

1 minute ago, Albeniz said:

Now when I go to coffee shops and hawker centers during peak hours or weekends,  what I see makes me exclaim, " Where got social distancing?!"

I think for everyone that take bedo and paotoh those non compliant, the whistle blower should get a cut of the fine that is impose on those that were caught flouting the rule. You see all of a sudden , no one dare risk those situation

↡ Advertisement