Lawrence Wong: New rule on 8 DISTINCT visitors a day, EOs will do random spot checks

kobayashiGT

6 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Bangala worker who can read Chinese will be working in China or Taiwan already. 😂

Chinatown decoration under Jalan besar grc. The whole gang there no one can read chinese? To be specific miss Josephine Teo meet the people session is at one of the hdb Smith street 2nd floor. 

"Chinatown Chinese New Year Celebrations 2021

Official Light-Up and Opening Ceremon

To avoid any crowd gatherings, the Chinatown Chinese New Year Celebrations 2021 Official Light-Up and Opening Ceremony will be launched virtually this year. You can catch it live-streamed on the Chinatown Festival’s Facebook page. The launch event will feature lion dances, cultural and acrobatic performances. It will be streamed from the from the Kreta Ayer People’s Theatre, where Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat, Host Adviser Mrs Josephine Teo, who is also Minister for Manpower and Second Minister for Home Affairs, as well as fellow Advisers to Jalan Besar GRC Grassroots Organisations (GROs) will be in attendance

Date: 23 January 2021, Saturd

Time: 8 pm to 8.50 pm"ay.y50 pm

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, Kopites said:

Chinatown decoration under Jalan besar grc. The whole gang there no one can read chinese? To be specific miss Josephine Teo meet the people session is at one of the hdb Smith street 2nd floor. 

"Chinatown Chinese New Year Celebrations 2021

Official Light-Up and Opening Ceremon

To avoid any crowd gatherings, the Chinatown Chinese New Year Celebrations 2021 Official Light-Up and Opening Ceremony will be launched virtually this year. You can catch it live-streamed on the Chinatown Festival’s Facebook page. The launch event will feature lion dances, cultural and acrobatic performances. It will be streamed from the from the Kreta Ayer People’s Theatre, where Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat, Host Adviser Mrs Josephine Teo, who is also Minister for Manpower and Second Minister for Home Affairs, as well as fellow Advisers to Jalan Besar GRC Grassroots Organisations (GROs) will be in attendance

Date: 23 January 2021, Saturd

Time: 8 pm to 8.50 pm"ay.y50 pm

She from Dunman High should be able to read..... 

Then she will face palm because non of those who set up the display understand the meaning 😅

My friend asked me about CNY visit rules but I realize I'm not totally clear about it myself.

Friends can no longer visit each other's house with immediate effect?

When will this special CNY visit rule expire?

Even non-Chinese who don't celebrate CNY must follow the house visit rule?

1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

My friend asked me about CNY visit rules but I realize I'm not totally clear about it myself.

Friends not say cannot visit BUT stick to visit parents/in law/close relative as priority and tradition of CNY.. kept to 2 household per day.. not more than 8 per household

Don't remember got expiry date; just hope no new cluster form during this period

All must follow.. we are Singapore, we are Singapore, regardless of race and religion 😂

Singapore small small.. wanna see parents/relatives and friends can always do so leh.. long time ago in BIG countries they visit during CNY as got broad leave to travel far far to visit loh.. and funny loh.. most times Singaporean travel aboard to siam CNY and this year suddenly wanna visit? hard to believe! whahahahahahaha..

Anyway funny how one think.. for example some people wear seat belt because they scare of being fine of not doing so INSTEAD of seat belt save life.. So during this time the law oso must be made to ensure people comply.. 

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Friends not say cannot visit BUT stick to visit parents/in law/close relative as priority and tradition of CNY.. kept to 2 household per day.. not more than 8 per household PER DAY

Don't remember got expiry date; just hope no new cluster form during this period

All must follow.. we are Singapore, we are Singapore, regardless of race and religion 😂

Singapore small small.. wanna see parents/relatives and friends can always do so leh.. long time ago in BIG countries they visit during CNY as got broad leave to travel far far to visit loh.. and funny loh.. most times Singaporean travel aboard to siam CNY and this year suddenly wanna visit? hard to believe! whahahahahahaha..

Anyway funny how one think.. for example some people wear seat belt because they scare of being fine of not doing so INSTEAD of seat belt save life.. So during this time the law oso must be made to ensure people comply.. 

I added the part in red

https://www.gov.sg/article/safe-management-measures-and-chinese-new-year

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Jellandross said:

If you're the host, don't have more than 8 pax in the house at any one time. 

If you're the one doing the visiting, don't visit more than 2 separate locations on the same day. 

7 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Now not CNY yet  , can go meet friends all you like,  why must meet during CNY ?😅

11 hours ago, inlinesix said:

6 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Now not CNY yet  , can go meet friends all you like,  why must meet during CNY ?😅

Per @inlinesix posted link, I read as the house visit rules are in effect now and not only during CNY. Also, limiting to family means no friends visit even if within 8 pax per day.

From 26 January 2021, there will be a cap of 8 unique visitors per household per day.

If you are doing house visits, Limit your visits to family and to not more than 2 households per day

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Per @inlinesix posted link, I read as the house visit rules are in effect now and not only during CNY. Also, limiting to family means no friends visit even if within 8 pax per day.

From 26 January 2021, there will be a cap of 8 unique visitors per household per day.

If you are doing house visits, Limit your visits to family and to not more than 2 households per day

Just go out coffee shop to meet up with friends , 7 friends  per day can add up to be a lot of friends to meet up with if we do that  diligently every day. My relatives come to my house to meet up with my children, my friends just want to meet up with my wine fridge, so we can make do with it outside.  For the benefit of every one, accept the measure and move on😅

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

I suppose it’s for the good of everyone that we still to the rules that are spelt out during this time.

sometimes I wonder if we need to read in between the lines of an advisory so that we don’t incurred complications that may rise due to other underlying unknowns.

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Just go out coffee shop to meet up with friends , 7 friends  per day can add up to be a lot of friends to meet up with if we do that  diligently every day. My relatives come to my house to meet up with my children, my friends just want to meet up with my wine fridge, so we can make do with it outside.  For the benefit of every one, accept the measure and move on😅

there are some who will always fight the system, asking why cannot?

i'm sure there will be some charged or fined according to this new requirement, just curious to how the authorities will go about it.

• Haha! 1

Whatever implemented is to mitigate crowd and it is to provide safety to everyone. I don't think the authorities are interested to 'catch' anyone. It is your own safety mah.

Really CNY so important that other days cannot visit meh? Once this pandemic is over, visit them more frequently lah. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5