Lawrence Wong: New rule on 8 DISTINCT visitors a day, EOs will do random spot checks

kobayashiGT

30 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

If ppl don't use common sense, nothing can help them.

Whenever MRT or lift is packed, i skip it.

Maybe lift can skip, but public transport difficult to skip le. Esp when you are going to work or going home, every train and buses are packed, so how to skip? [confused]  [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

46 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

The elephant in the room is still public transport.  How do you convince people that crowds are unsafe and social distancing is important when being confined in an enclosed place full people (mrt) is safe?

It's always about risk mitigation. Yes, crowding on public transport is just as risky as crowding in a shop. But the risk increases with exposure times. If you can cut down the time, you cut down the risk. So the idea is still to avoid, as much as possible. Should be easy for people to understand.

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Maybe lift can skip, but public transport difficult to skip le. Esp when you are going to work or going home, every train and buses are packed, so how to skip? [confused]  [:p]

Adjust your commuting time lo.

Either early or late to work.

I usually start work at 10 am.

• Praise 1

38 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I know, there was a huge spin up for companies that required to keep the employee safe, yet require the employee to perform work at the office for AutoCad workstation thats super duper powerful.

There was some solution vendors that help provided that need and those that was savvy enough to adopt new technology quickly powered forward without work quality affected.

Of course those that have to go to a Remote customer site for security ring fence, those boh pian have to go to the customer site and claim mileage.

I wish, my industry have to be onsite everyday CB or not. I do enjoy the nice quiet drive though. 

17 hours ago, 13177 said:

I see many people now already dont care about social distancing and are complacent, dont think only some people. Luckily so far dont have one person who is covid asymptomatic among the crowds, like the chinatown crowds. If not surely we will go back to phase 1 or even another CB.

I got one trick sure work one 

A and b go there. A suddenly cough very loud 

B: eh bro, you ok or not?

a: I do t feel so well, cough cough

b: ok you stay here ah, I call ambulance for you 

a runs away

people see also run away 

:XD:

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Sosaria said:

It's always about risk mitigation. Yes, crowding on public transport is just as risky as crowding in a shop. But the risk increases with exposure times. If you can cut down the time, you cut down the risk. So the idea is still to avoid, as much as possible. Should be easy for people to understand.

Those who take mrt long distance one cry 

3 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Those who take mrt long distance one cry 

But console themselves with the fact that every day on MRT can enjoy seeing chio bu OLs , whereas every day it's just me alone in the car.

• Haha! 2

Would it not be reasonably to accept that the social distancing is not relavent n will not increase the risk of spreading because the g man did not raise any objections or concerns for the closed proximity of each other. 

Else certain measures would have kick in to ensure compliance just like cny 8 per household rules

i don’t see 8 per carriage rules or am I over reliant on a framework to decide on self decipline?

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 1

48 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

But console themselves with the fact that every day on MRT can enjoy seeing chio bu OLs , whereas every day it's just me alone in the car.

Now everyone wear mask, so cant tell chio bu or not?! [:p]

BCA has sent a circular on how that is being managed.  MAs are to have a full record of who is going in and out of the premises and security to step up and to ensure the numbers are adhered to.

• Praise 2

On 26/01/2021 at 11:16 AM, StreetFight3r said:

Anyway I understand race is a sensitive topic

So I will agree to disagree 

Hope wp n their volunteers refrain from suggestin anything like this again thou 

Maybe after your post or even before you post here.. This news might already spread to pritam Singh.. I am sure he might be called to talk about what he had posted in Facebook and discuss about it. 

Nowadays this kind of news spread very fast. The question now is what will he (that volunteer) think? Does he felt that what he say is no wrong after being lectured, or he think back and reflect and think that oh ya, I am abit not sensitive about the racial issue. Only he knows.. 

Edited by Yewheng

44 minutes ago, RadX said:

BCA has sent a circular on how that is being managed.  MAs are to have a full record of who is going in and out of the premises and security to step up and to ensure the numbers are adhered to.

HDB?

So far we have been doing ok by following the rules set forth by the ministry, for example social distancing, contact tracing,  limit number of people per meeting/session, wearing masks, wash hands,  we should be safe if we continue to do the same during CNY,  even if there are hicup , the extent of the problem should be manageable. There is no point over reacting.

↡ Advertisement