Lawrence Wong: New rule on 8 DISTINCT visitors a day, EOs will do random spot checks

kobayashiGT

IMHO.

I would say that often enough,  some will see that these are "against" traditional practices of having  reunion with the elderly and will likely think of ways and means to circumvent it. 
If one sees it that is for the best interest of the elderly,  everything may make sense. 

↡ Advertisement

47 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

So far we have been doing ok by following the rules set forth by the ministry, for example social distancing, contact tracing,  limit number of people per meeting/session, wearing masks, wash hands,  we should be safe if we continue to do the same during CNY,  even if there are hicup , the extent of the problem should be manageable. There is no point over reacting.

Still have social distancing? Nowadays when i am at queue, the person behind stand so close to me, as if like he/she wants to kiss me le. [sweatdrop] [rolleyes]

2 hours ago, RadX said:

BCA has sent a circular on how that is being managed.  MAs are to have a full record of who is going in and out of the premises and security to step up and to ensure the numbers are adhered to.

From what I've seen, condo security only check who goes in, never check who goes out..

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Still have social distancing? Nowadays when i am at queue, the person behind stand so close to me, as if like he/she wants to kiss me le. [sweatdrop] [rolleyes]

IMHO.
Hold up the mobile, video, start recording and slowly turn back.
After that,  the close proximity becomes more than 1 metre. 

I always encounter those that have no sense of personal space let alone social distancing.

On hindsight, maybe it is difficult to determine how far is 1 metre ?

Edited by Kklee
  • Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.

I always encounter those that have no sense of personal space let alone social distancing.

Most of the time it's less than 30cm, quite easy to tell that's definitely not a meter.

Guess most people in SG have OCD to some extend.

4 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Most of the time it's less than 30cm, quite easy to tell that's definitely not a meter.

Guess most people in SG have OCD to some extend.

I guess most people scare ghost and like to stand very close to other people, maybe one very small group of people have OCD. [:p]

21 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.

I think not much use. Many times if i walk forward half a step, the person behind would also inch forward half a step. And if i step forward 2 steps, likewise the person also move forward 2 steps. [laugh] 

Just now, Beanoyip said:

HDB no gate no security, EOs can just walk around and spot check.

Don't open door.  Nothing can be done except to get a search warrant.

49 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

From what I've seen, condo security only check who goes in, never check who goes out..

circular addressed thta...for this period

29 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I think not much use. Many times if i walk forward half a step, the person behind would also inch forward half a step. And if i step forward 2 steps, likewise the person also move forward 2 steps. [laugh] 

Did it before. 😎

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

1 hour ago, Kklee said:

Did it before. 😎

Like cha cha? :grin:

giphy-downsized.gif

• Haha! 1

On 1/25/2021 at 11:29 PM, StreetFight3r said:

Nothin against WP but this needs to be looked into

Circuit breaker vs phase 3 comparison

Perhaps pritam need to counsel his volunteers n mps abt the dangers of racial segregation n avoid tryin to stir up racial hatred 

In sg we learn to live with all races harmoniously, let's be honest we may have differences but we practice tolerance 

Dun need such pple in politics 

Wads GGWP btw ?? 

FB_IMG_1611588185943.jpg

Wrong comparison but ugly fact remains that the chinatown situation was out of control. I hope it'll be better managed this weekend but very unlikely due to the type of people this event is supposed to attract. The condescending responses from some people being interviewed were frankly quite disgusting.

Honestly what can you get from this event that you can't get anywhere else? There's only one thing - squeezing against each other in the crowd and soaking in the festivity. 

21 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Wrong comparison but ugly fact remains that the chinatown situation was out of control. I hope it'll be better managed this weekend but very unlikely due to the type of people this event is supposed to attract. The condescending responses from some people being interviewed were frankly quite disgusting.

Honestly what can you get from this event that you can't get anywhere else? There's only one thing - squeezing against each other in the crowd and soaking in the festivity. 

Chinatown situation difficult to manage lo. Once you allowed such event, how to manage the crowds esp when the area is so big. And also this weekend will be even nearer to the CNY and last weekend before CNY, confirmed jam packed with people.

Brace for the horde

giphy.gif

No Chinese New Year street light-up on weekends, as part of crowd control measures at Chinatown

SINGAPORE — To manage heavier crowds over the weekends, the Chinatown Chinese New Year street light-up along South Bridge Road, New Bridge Road and Eu Tong Sen Street will not be turned on between Feb 5 and 7 and on Feb 11. 

The Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment (MSE) said in a statement on Friday (Feb 5) that visitors who wish to observe the street light-up are encouraged to visit during the weekdays. They can also log on to the Chinatown Festivals website, which will showcase a 360-degree virtual tour of the street light-up from Friday. 

To manage the flow of passengers entering directly onto Pagoda Street, the up-riding escalator at Chinatown MRT Exit A to Pagoda Street will also be closed from time to time, depending on the street-level crowd situation, the MSE said.

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/no-chinese-new-year-street-light-weekends-part-crowd-control-measures-chinatown

20210124_raj_chinatown12.jpg?itok=SYmNQj

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/chinatown-displays-mix-chinese-new-year-greetings

a mistake in these greetings at Chinatown because 大吉大利 (da ji da li) became 大吉如意 (da ji ru yi) and 吉祥如意 (ji xiang ru yi) became 吉祥大利 (ji xiang da li).

cannot blame the bangla worker .... 

probably each plate has a marker 1, 2, 3, 4 ... so the 1,2 mix with other 3,4 ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

cannot blame the bangla worker .... 

probably each plate has a marker 1, 2, 3, 4 ... so the 1,2 mix with other 3,4 ... lol

Bangala worker who can read Chinese will be working in China or Taiwan already. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1