Power Tools Brand - Milwaukee versus the rest

t0y0ta

On 1/24/2021 at 1:29 PM, Kb27 said:

I have a few m12 and m18 Milwaukees, drill, impact drivers, right angle drivers, ratchets.

1 m12 fuel (brushless motor) impact driver -> very powerful for its small size.

All are bought from Amazon and ebay. m12 and m18 batteries have been standardized over the years. You can use the same old battery with any  new tool.

They generally worked well. No complains. I haven't pushed them to the limit, so they are all still in good working condition.

I have a 115 -230Vac transformer, so I just use their 115Vac charger on this.

Unlike deWalt, I get screwed when I buy the 18V system, then they suka suka switch to 20V. The new batteries cannot fit the old tool.

Milwaukee has probably the largest range of tools. If you buy into their system, you're "safe"

Example, I wanted to get a ratchet, deWalt don't have, only Milwaukee, and later on Makita have.

However, if you use a hex/impact driver, the local/Japanese variant bits have a longer shank 3/8". Only Makita will fit. The rest all use 1/4" length. So that's one up for Makita, it can take both types of driver bits.

Hey bro kb27

for 230Vac to 110Vac transformer that power the M12 M18 charger, can I use those  adaptor type step down transformer?

61x3OALmifL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

how many watt is that charger?

Edited by Phang
↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, Phang said:

Hey bro kb27

for 230Vac to 110Vac transformer that power the M12 M18 charger, can I use those  adaptor type step down transformer?

My Milwaukee charger input is 120Vac, 2.1A per the label. That's approximately 252W (max)

I don't think you can use the travel adapter style of converter with 45W. It has not enough power and is likely to burn up.

My transformer is rated 1kW. I think min. must get 500W.

• Praise 2

@Kb27 

thanks kb, I just found the model of the charger in the set that I am planning to buy, it's 48-59-1812 rated at 120vac 2.1A too

500W sounds right 👌

1 hour ago, Phang said:

@Kb27 

thanks kb, I just found the model of the charger in the set that I am planning to buy, it's 48-59-1812 rated at 120vac 2.1A too

500W sounds right 👌

Why don't you just buy the local version of the DeWalt battery charger instead?

That will certainly be natively suited for SG voltages

• Praise 2

24 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Why don't you just buy the local version of the DeWalt battery charger instead?

That will certainly be natively suited for SG voltages

thanks for the suggestion 👍

will find out which option make more money sense, buying a transformer or buying a 230Vac charger 

9 hours ago, Phang said:

Hey bro kb27

61x3OALmifL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Easier and safer to just buy a 230v charger from Aliexpress. Not expensive. Maybe buy some extra batteries too. 

And to add, prices in Malaysia for Milwaukee are good (got mine from there) if can tahan till border reopens, can buy from there. Just search Lelong.my for a feel. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3

13 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Easier and safer to just buy a 230v charger from Aliexpress. Not expensive. Maybe buy some extra batteries too. 

And to add, prices in Malaysia for Milwaukee are good (got mine from there) if can tahan till border reopens, can buy from there. Just search Lelong.my for a feel. 

lelong.my don't have what I want

I just bought these off ebay 

s-l400.jpg

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

2 impact wrenches? WOW! Opening WS?

my home is like a workshop now, got to do some housekeeping otherwise my wife will sell my barang barang to the garang guni man 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Phang said:

lelong.my don't have what I want

I just bought these off ebay 

s-l400.jpg

Charger still 120Vac ?

You'll need a step-down transformer then. I bought this.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Charger still 120Vac ?

You'll need a step-down transformer then. I bought this.

yes, set came with 120Vac charger

thanks for the recommendation, I just bought it from Amazon 

have to guard at the doorstep to intercept the parcels in the next couples of week

• Haha! 2

50 minutes ago, Phang said:

yes, set came with 120Vac charger

thanks for the recommendation, I just bought it from Amazon 

have to guard at the doorstep to intercept the parcels in the next couples of week

Buy the local combo (12V + 18V) charger.

You may buy 12V systems in future (esp useful for screw-driver tasks)

And how do you plan to keep your batteries in constant use? If never use for year, it will deteriorate very fast.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Buy the local combo (12V + 18V) charger.

You may buy 12V systems in future (esp useful for screw-driver tasks)

And how do you plan to keep your batteries in constant use? If never use for year, it will deteriorate very fast.

the set that I bought came with this M12 M18 charger, should be able to charge the 12V batteries

48-59-1812

didn't get enough use is the biggest challenge actually and the main reason why I didn't buy any battery powered tools previously 😅

24 minutes ago, Phang said:

the set that I bought came with this M12 M18 charger, should be able to charge the 12V batteries

48-59-1812

didn't get enough use is the biggest challenge actually and the main reason why I didn't buy any battery powered tools previously 😅

M12 + M18 charger is good. I'm using it regularly, since I have both M12 and M18 batteries. So it takes up less space than individual charger.

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Good buy? I'd prefer a 650w but that price point is very attractive to clutter the storeroom even more...😅

Screenshot_20211117_085155.jpg

If you don't have many or any tools, this is ok. 

But most likely, you would need an extension cord to drag around. Many places around your home would probably not have a power point nearby where you need to drill a hole.

The other "problem" is that we don't live in a wooden house like USA. For them, it's easy to drill a hole in the wood and put up something or even cut a hole through a stud to fix a bracket, etc. For us mostly, we live in a concrete apartment and when you want to make a small hole to hang something, it's usually much tougher.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

If you don't have many or any tools, this is ok. 

But most likely, you would need an extension cord to drag around. Many places around your home would probably not have a power point nearby where you need to drill a hole.

The other "problem" is that we don't live in a wooden house like USA. For them, it's easy to drill a hole in the wood and put up something or even cut a hole through a stud to fix a bracket, etc. For us mostly, we live in a concrete apartment and when you want to make a small hole to hang something, it's usually much tougher.

Agreed. Have a almost useless 350...always had to borrow a 650 from my brother for the masonry work...tried with the 350 and I'd get burning smell from the motor...😅

@kb27

amongst these four ratchets 3/8" extended, 3/8" normal, 1/4" extended, 1/4 normal

which one you think most useful and versatile in automotive works?

87.TOOLREVIEWS_WhichMilkToolsRatchetisBe

↡ Advertisement