Some Singaporeans willing to pay more than $12,000 for a dog

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator
28 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Exactly.

Not only  your friend. I know close  ppl like that. Buy dog like buy car want compare altas. I talk too much wait become no friend do. 

Starting when puppy time very excited 

But三分钟热度。they got tired of caring for it. Both husband n wife working.  Dog alone at home got depression  destroy  their stuff bababa. Then kid come out. In the end give  away the dog.

Its totally different from  the start when they visit every shop to choose a dog. The enthusiasm become zero.

The dog  become a chores  a liabilities  instead. 

Its super sad( i knew its going to happen even b4 they buy it)...

Same same. on surface the dog like a star. take photo put up on Instagram and blah blah.

But in real life, they are asking who is going down to walk the dog. hahaha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

Same same. on surface the dog like a star. take photo put up on Instagram and blah blah.

But in real life, they are asking who is going down to walk the dog. hahaha.

My cats cost me $3k each. I got them not for any reason to show off, but I wanted pure breed, as my previous late cat. 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Mazdaowner said:

My cats cost me $3k each. I got them not for any reason to show off, but I wanted pure breed, as my previous late cat. 

Oh. cats are different. they no need companion one. I always find cats are like ninja. Most of the time of the day, you won't see them one. they will do their own stuff and all. Only until mealtime, they will suddenly appear and stare at you. hahaha.

Dog need more TLC. you never play with them, they will feel it one.

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Oh. cats are different. they no need companion one. I always find cats are like ninja. Most of the time of the day, you won't see them one. they will do their own stuff and all. Only until mealtime, they will suddenly appear and stare at you. hahaha.

Dog need more TLC. you never play with them, they will feel it one.

Mine are part dog part cats. Now 3 years old, you google Maine Coon and you will know what I mean. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
26 minutes ago, Mazdaowner said:

Mine are part dog part cats. Now 3 years old, you google Maine Coon and you will know what I mean. 

image.thumb.png.ab43be19372d7ebaba307f7db360cf06.png

woah. like a cool. hair easy to manage? 🤣

• Haha! 1

Adopt only..... I adopted my Golden when he was only 7 months old and given up by the young owner who could not upkeep him ; I did give him a token $500 though he put the advert in the media for over 3 months and no people adopted him........ Turned out to be a lemon (nightmare) as his medical bills came to a couple of thousand back then and had a litany of medical  problems/ scan here scan there everywhere, ringworms, ticks you name it he had it   ; but after first couple of exasperating months he melted the whole family and was off medication after 6 months or so when his condition stabilised        

• Praise 8

I do adoption after the passing of my first dog from cancer. Four Singapore specials ranging from 2-4 years old.

they are super duper loyal and loving to the family. They are like body guards when we go for our walks. 

Adopt please. 

• Praise 13

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Krieger said:

I do adoption after the passing of my first dog from cancer. Four Singapore specials ranging from 2-4 years old.

they are super duper loyal and loving to the family. They are like body guards when we go for our walks. 

Adopt please. 

I agree. Plus nowadays there are some Singapore special which are within the weight limit can be kept in HDB.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

Adopt only..... I adopted my Golden when he was only 7 months old and given up by the young owner who could not upkeep him ; I did give him a token $500 though he put the advert in the media for over 3 months and no people adopted him........ Turned out to be a lemon (nightmare) as his medical bills came to a couple of thousand back then and had a litany of medical  problems/ scan here scan there everywhere, ringworms, ticks you name it he had it   ; but after first couple of exasperating months he melted the whole family and was off medication after 6 months or so when his condition stabilised        

Lemon law no cover pets hor...otherwise I also want refund for my $2 per pack platty fish...straight away go see their ancestors after putting them into the tank...😁

• Haha! 6

Why must pure breed one?

My father is teochew parankan and my mother is Hokkian and Hakka.

So I am one quarter breed one lah?

:D

But I only know how to speak Hokkian slang colourful words only as this is my mother's tongue. Must help keep our culture and heritage alive.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Mazdaowner said:

Does it wet the balcony? 😅

• Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Does it wet the balcony? 😅

Nar Beh! :D:D:D got 3 Coons in the house, only one will pee outside our door if we close our door and he cannot come in. That water puddle cannot run, confirm not water leakage. :D:D 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

If others can pay S$60,000/- for a Red Arowana, what is a S$12,000/- for a dog ... :we-all-gonna-die:

Dog at least can accompany you for 12 years. Some willing to pay S$180/- for a 1kg 'Rock Melon"  :secret-laugh:

That's more than what I gave to my MIL for my wife.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

If others can pay S$60,000/- for a Red Arowana, what is a S$12,000/- for a dog ... :we-all-gonna-die:

Dog at least can accompany you for 12 years. Some willing to pay S$180/- for a 1kg 'Rock Melon"  :secret-laugh:

Red Arowana tasty or not? I rather go Hokkaido spend 100 and go for the all you can eat Alaska crab buffet.

Anyway I like red snapper and it cost so much lesser.

• Haha! 3

My colleague has a golden and if anyone offering 12k I can persuade her to sell.

I take 10 percent comm only.

Used car dealer and part time dog seller too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1