Some Singaporeans willing to pay more than $12,000 for a dog

kobayashiGT

24 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I agree. Plus nowadays there are some Singapore special which are within the weight limit can be kept in HDB.

Yes. 

It is called Project Adore. Run by SOSD (Save Our Singapore Dogs).

https://sosd.org.sg/adopt-a-dog/hdb-friendly-dogs-adore/

HDB Friendly Dogs / Project ADORE

Live in an HDB and love bigger dogs?

If you live in an HDB, then you probably know that it is hard to have a larger dog. As such, Singapore mixed-breed dogs are disadvantaged in the usual adoption process as they are slightly bigger and often do not fit the criteria required by the AVA for “HDB-approved” dogs.

Do not despair large dog lovers! A special initiative, Project ADORE (ADOption and REhoming of dogs) gives our beloved “Singapore Special” (or local, loveable mongrels) a fighting chance at being legally adopted into loving families who lives in an HDB apartment. SOSD officially joined Project ADORE in May 2014 which means you can adopt a larger size dog from us.

The dog has to:

Be a local medium-sized mixed-breed or “Singapore Special”

Be at least 6 months old and sterilised

Have shoulder height up to 55cm

Undergo compulsory basic obedience training by AVA-accredited trainers

You will have to:

Sign a declaration that they will observe the Code of Responsible Behaviour (CORB)

Understand that only 1 registered dog is allowed per HDB household

Check that their immediate neighbours are agreeable to them having the dog

Ensure that their new furry friend is sterilised, vaccincated and microchipped

Apply for an AVA license and make sure their furry friend is “HDB-approved”

In SOSD, we have many dogs that are already obedience trained and qualified under this project. So for you big dog lovers out there, you might just find a special SOSD dog that could be your Best Friend Forever!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Some of these dogs are prettier than Singapore specials.

For reference how much is SG K9 dog before poiice training? 

Edited by pi3142
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

they should know what. Comes in a package one mah. Got dog that have no fur one meh? hahaha.

no_hair_dog.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

See lah. No fur, they will say it is ugly. hahaha. I like this kind of dog. Can play rough. hahaha.

What dog is this? Looks ugly le. 😂

• Haha! 1

wfh buy pet? mai lah

use the 12k buy a good bed....very shiok whenever you feel like sleeping on the job

😆

• Haha! 2

those who love dogs   will pay, it is like one who pay $50k for a watch. Putting thing in another perspective, people spend more than S$12k per year just to own a car,  10 years cost more than S$100k, conversely, a dog of S$12k  lasts for more than 10 years and it provides comfort and companionship to the owner. Just one thing, when the dog has to go one day, the owner must be ready to bear the pain in the heat, not the dollar value but the emotion attached. 

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

those who love dogs   will pay, it is like one who pay $50k for a watch. Putting thing in another perspective, people spend more than S$12k per year just to own a car,  10 years cost more than S$100k, conversely, a dog of S$12k  lasts for more than 10 years and it provides comfort and companionship to the owner. Just one thing, when the dog has to go one day, the owner must be ready to bear the pain in the heat, not the dollar value but the emotion attached. 

That's how I felt when my COE expired.

:D

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, TheCarDealer said:

Some Singaporeans willing to pay more than $12,000 for a dog, and Some are not willing to pay 50 cents for a serving of homemade chilli 😂

Or 60 cent parking coupon.

Lately I saw a lot of BM 5 series parking on the road and won't turn into car park.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 2

When I was a small kid in the 1980s,  the price of a pug was ~S$500.

That time, the price of a bowl of fish ball noodle was about $1.50.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Oh. cats are different. they no need companion one. I always find cats are like ninja. Most of the time of the day, you won't see them one. they will do their own stuff and all. Only until mealtime, they will suddenly appear and stare at you. hahaha.

Dog need more TLC. you never play with them, they will feel it one.

you are so wrong. 😃

Edited by Kxbc
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Or 60 cent parking coupon.

Lately I saw a lot of BM 5 series parking on the road and won't turn into car park.

Most of the 5 Series on the road are renewed COE pre-LCI F10 models. Full loan buy car already where got money to pay for parking 😂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Adopt only..... I adopted my Golden when he was only 7 months old and given up by the young owner who could not upkeep him ; I did give him a token $500 though he put the advert in the media for over 3 months and no people adopted him........ Turned out to be a lemon (nightmare) as his medical bills came to a couple of thousand back then and had a litany of medical  problems/ scan here scan there everywhere, ringworms, ticks you name it he had it   ; but after first couple of exasperating months he melted the whole family and was off medication after 6 months or so when his condition stabilised        

medical for pets are expensive. The amount I have spent on their medical over the last few years could have prob bought me a brand new B&B 1.6l.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 4
  • Haha! 1