SHENG Siong Bonuses for 2020

Wt_know

The first I gave feedback to Sheng Siong thru fb msg. I got a respond within 30 minutes. I was given the store's in charge's contact. I was advised to call him directly.

Some time later, I notice they have tagged their products wrongly. I sent a message to the store in-charge. Within one minute, he called me.  I was requested to call him when I next visit the store. When I visited, he sent his assistant to see me with cash refund as well as 2 boxes of fruits as a token of appreciation.

In fact the store in-charge is the manager.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10
  • Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Actually, if that notice is for real, SS 2019 bonus already not bad.

So far I've only heard Shell used to give more than 6 mths bonus.

Shell still gives more than 6 months bonus now?

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Shell still gives more than 6 months bonus now?

Not sure abt now. Likely not, companies that do very rare now, and now I know SS is one of them.

Why am I still slogging and paid only 1-2mths 😪

Edited by badlammy
  • Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Not sure abt now. Likely not, companies that do very rare now, and now I know SS is one of them.

bless you still have 1-2 mths….others got paycut or out of job!!  [:(]

• Praise 3

46 minutes ago, badlammy said:

1-2 months better than nothing lo.

16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

1-2 months better than nothing lo.

That's average even before covid times...2020 haven't announce, likely zero bonus.

Yea i still have job though...

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, badlammy said:

That's average even before covid times...2020 haven't announce, likely zero bonus.

Yea i still have job though...

During this tough period, blessing still have a job and good health. 😁

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

will shareholder complain? give out so much bonus ...

shareholder wants more for dividends ... 😬

to clarify ... i have no SS shares hor ... lol

Fark shareholders. 

Good ss boss..

Respect

• Praise 2

I think people need to get off their high horses that a “menial” job like running a supermarket is not worthy of 1.5 year’s bonus. The CB has shown how reliant we are on essential services and SS is one of them. They are also an honest bunch of people - could have just whitewashed it that “times are bad” which they are, and said to their staff “be glad you are even getting a bonus”. 

Ethics, wisdom, and street smarts. The SS people have it in spades.

• Praise 10

1 hour ago, badlammy said:

Bonus? 

What is Bonus?l

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I can tell you the Sheng Siong staff completely deserved the bonus. During CB, it was ALL hands on deck, including family who were not staff, were there to help, drive trucks, stock shelves. 

Shelves were relatively well stocked at SS, while the shelves were slower to be replenished@ NTUC from what i saw. 

I doubt it was because SS had more stock, it was simply because the staff were more motivated to stock the shelves as soon as they ran down. Normally, it would just be a regular task. During CB it took on a different meaning.  

You could  smell the panic in the air when i went to the supermarkets. Looking at stocked shelves, i believe all of us felt a little better and safer.

They were absolutely CRUCIAL to the morale of the country.

Good job  and well deserved, i say.      

Edited by Tedlhw
  • Praise 20

26 minutes ago, Tedlhw said:

I can tell you the Sheng Siong staff completely deserved the bonus. During CB, it was ALL hands on deck, including family who were not staff, were there to help, drive trucks, stock shelves. 

Shelves were relatively well stocked at SS, while the shelves were slower to be replenished@ NTUC from what i saw. 

I doubt it was because SS had more stock, it was simply because the staff were more motivated to stock the shelves as soon as they ran down. Normally, it would just be a regular task. During CB it took on a different meaning.  

You could  smell the panic in the air when i went to the supermarkets. Looking at stocked shelves, i believe all of us felt a little better and safer.

They were absolutely CRUCIAL to the morale of the country.

Good job  and well deserved, i say.      

I cannot overstate this point about morale. SS did the right thing by spamming the manpower to give the assurance that stocks were sufficient. The company and the staff deserve their reward.

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Wt_know said:

will shareholder complain? give out so much bonus ...

shareholder wants more for dividends ... 😬

to clarify ... i have no SS shares hor ... lol

This is a owner's company, he can decide. Go AGM, motion denied. Lol

Dying bleed of bosses. Now it is american capitalism. No sharing, the fat cats on top takes everything. 

To spread the bonus pool to all rank and file really says something about him, especially knowing how frugal he is. 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Davidklt said:

Imagine if you are a Malaysian working there. X 3.

Straight away can put in a down payment for a house.

Many JHK and JHB work inside SS.

You can never see those hard labour workers so enthusiastic working anywhere else in SG whenever the lorry comes for unloading.

• Praise 1

SS staff are well trained to be customer orientated. 

They are the only supermarket that calling all their customers as 老板. And always with a smile.

I am their loyal customer and will continue support them.

• Praise 6

Now you can know the Profit NTUC Make,despite Sheng Siong have Saturday Night Show giving out 60X,80X,100X & 1,000X Cash Rewards to lucky Winners[NTUC have almost nothing],they still can afford to pay Employees Fat Bouns..

↡ Advertisement