Stupid Worthless Trip @ Jurong Bird Park

carloverguy2017

Just for sharing, there's a private tour offered by bird park which allow close contact with the birds. We even had chance to touch, feed and take pictures with baby parrots. 

we were driven around by buggies, four of us to do eagles feeding off our hand ( trays) above our head. All led by a staff. I am not sure how much was it as it was my wife who paid for it. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

33 minutes ago, Krieger said:

Just for sharing, there's a private tour offered by bird park which allow close contact with the birds. We even had chance to touch, feed and take pictures with baby parrots. 

we were driven around by buggies, four of us to do eagles feeding off our hand ( trays) above our head. All led by a staff. I am not sure how much was it as it was my wife who paid for it. 

Sure very expensive one lah :XD:

My one is a cheap $2 per feed (last year I go is $3)

Go at 8am nobody 

9:30am, the tour group come, all the birds eat fully Liao :grin:

8am at the gate

8:15am at lory loft (knn the lory loft guy haven’t report for duty. Make me gan Jeong :XD:)

8:30am feed the birds 

9:30 tour group come

9:45am no much returns Liao. Bring kids to the Congo bongo to eat 

11am: slowly go around bird park 

I agree its unethical and deceptive. The reason is since the beginning of jbp, there had only been one entrance fee. There was never any instance of having to pay seperate charges to enter an encosure. 

Then suddenly got this cheap entry offer, and for this reason alone, they purposely introduce new additional fees to enter cages. You can blame the visitors for not reading and suspecting jbp of pulling a fast one, but look at how its marketed : a throwback to to the early days, invite pioneer gen etc etc riding on sentiment and past experience.

Early days got seperate charges for seperate birds? Jbp management just imitating sim lim salesmen. 

• Praise 5

If not of this thread and the person who wrote to forum... 

I would have thought the entry fees include all shows........ 

Didn't know such unethical practice was carried out my parents era.... 

And now they tried to replicate it..... 

Shxt organisation 

I heard in some zoos,  the business was poor so they made the entrance fee free to attract the visitors.

Halfway during the visit, they open up the cages and release the lions and tigers.

The visitors have to pay to exit the zoo.

Okay.  Joking only.

• Haha! 9

3 hours ago, Albeniz said:

I heard in some zoos,  the business was poor so they made the entrance fee free to attract the visitors.

Halfway during the visit, they open up the cages and release the lions and tigers.

The visitors have to pay to exit the zoo.

Okay.  Joking only.

some zoos are cheap, not joking

Eg Taipei Zoo Entrance Fees. Adults: NT$ 60; about Singapore $3

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

Only get to see dead chicken, duck and pig Issit? 😁

IMG_20210128_210032.jpg

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Dafansu said:

Went to Korea there’s a zoo within a park that’s free - Seoul Children’s Grand Park. Across the causeway in JB the zoo is only 2ringgit. 

On 1/27/2021 at 8:48 AM, Mustank said:

I am a supporter of bird park 

The lory loft is the best place that you can feed the birds. The birds will land on your head, arms, shoulder 

I got many outstanding pictures of my kids feeding the birds there. The pic keeper rate is 80% and above. Outstanding pic rate is 15% 

super productive place to take pictures of kids

but you got to be there 8am sharp in the morning when no one has fed the birds. Then they will be hungry 

once other people feed the birds, the birds will not be so hungry, so less birds will come 

so the early visitor gets the birds :grin:

wah, nice tip. I got annual pass but visited it only once. Never got a chance to feed the birds. 

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

wah, nice tip. I got annual pass but visited it only once. Never got a chance to feed the birds. 

The 8am is the must

About 10 years back 3x more birds in lory loft

now still can do lah but less bird lah

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

The 8am is the must

About 10 years back 3x more birds in lory loft

now still can do lah but less bird lah

It must have been a long morning drive for u!!! From Yishun to Jurong.[crazy]

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Haha diesel 80c nevermind one 

Two years  I almost don’t go bird park already

kids grow up liao

Supercharged
On 1/27/2021 at 5:03 PM, Karoon said:

I agree its unethical and deceptive. The reason is since the beginning of jbp, there had only been one entrance fee. There was never any instance of having to pay seperate charges to enter an encosure. 

Then suddenly got this cheap entry offer, and for this reason alone, they purposely introduce new additional fees to enter cages. You can blame the visitors for not reading and suspecting jbp of pulling a fast one, but look at how its marketed : a throwback to to the early days, invite pioneer gen etc etc riding on sentiment and past experience.

Early days got seperate charges for seperate birds? Jbp management just imitating sim lim salesmen. 

Same reason Bernard Harrison resigned from the zoo. New management at holding company so got new KPIs and what not to meet. 

On 1/27/2021 at 5:03 PM, Karoon said:

Where got don't have? I already said that that i went there before on a similar promotion in 2019.

And i spent 1/3 of what i usually would have spent for 2A2C anyway? So what's the problem? [lipsrsealed]

12 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

Went to Korea there’s a zoo within a park that’s free - Seoul Children’s Grand Park. Across the causeway in JB the zoo is only 2ringgit. 

I been to Seoul Children's Grand park. Is there a zoo there? Maybe i went when it was closed. Can't remember liao since that was in 2017. There's an amusement park there and some playgrounds.

If u aren't going to the amusement park, I won't bother going there.

Edited by Lala81

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

jam dao siao somemore...

I go birdpark, i set off at 915am when the worst of the morning traffic has resolved, still takes almost an hr to get there.

It's easily an hour to 1hr 10min drive. Zero traffic and u drive really fast, also about 45mins.

Edited by Lala81

15 hours ago, Dafansu said:

I heard this zoo reviews is that walk dao siao just to see a few animals [laugh] So i didn't bother going.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1