How To Cope With Anxiety Disorder?

racerbum

34 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Remember seeing those reservist guys pop endless cigs with the "green face" 🤢 before their jump. After the jump all jio KTV haha. 😄

Yeah....can go thru half a pack pre jump. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

For people with anxiety disorder, they will get anxious when they think about their next jump. 

It is not totally bad if they jump on a more regular basis, say every 1 to 2 months. However, if they stop for say 6 months, the next jump will be very frightening. Quite hard to describe that feeling the night before a jump, the morning before a jump, at the hangar waiting for a jump, and in the plane before a jump, and finally when the jumpmaster started screaming in the plane for hooking up. 

After your body got "sucked out" of the plane, and when peace and quiet prevails, the feeling on the way down is also indescribable. All the worries become relief and the monster in the head gets defeated.  

And on the way down...some will feel the sudden downpour of warm yellow isolated showers. 

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

For people who can avoid doing to trigger their anxiety, they will avoid. Like if people get anxious in driving, so they would never drive so no anxiety will happen. Lol.

Unless you are saying those who cannot avoid doing, then no choice have to go through the anxiety over and over again.

Hmm....when i go diving, I have anxiety attacks, very sever, specially worse when I see chio bu in skin tight wet suit, nothing inside. Heart pump until like cano come out of the throat. 

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, Somewhat1975 said:

I experienced anxiety disorder once due to a work-related problem. I tried many things, such as exercise, meditation etc but unable to break the anxiety cycle. The mind continued to slip into something to worry about. In the end, my doctor gave me lorazepam for a few days. This medicine was damn powerful. After taking it, I just felt calm and happy for no reason. The world suddenly became brighter.  That moment made me understand how the junkie felt when they took drugs😂  With a few good sleep, my anxiety was completely gone. 

And that is why I have to smoke the "peace pipe" everyday. Puff the Magic Dragon. 

5 minutes ago, Mazdaowner said:

Yeah....can go thru half a pack pre jump. 

Also felt bad making my mom anxious. Before each jump she will go si bei lor guan yin beo to pray for my safety. 

Last time no handphone and also cannot make quick 10c pay-phone call to her to 报平安 after the jump. They old already still have to suffer and worry about my shiat. Funny last time never think about their feeling but now start to think more.  

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Also felt bad making my mom anxious. Before each jump she will go si bei lor guan yin beo to pray for my safety. 

Last time no handphone and also cannot make quick 10c pay-phone call to her to 报平安 after the jump. They old already still have to suffer and worry about my shiat. Funny last time never think about their feeling but now start to think more.  

At least you got mother to worry for you, some don't even have parents to bother. Tua Pek Kong beo nearer mah, also got guan yin mah there as well. 

• Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Somewhat1975 said:

I experienced anxiety disorder once due to a work-related problem. I tried many things, such as exercise, meditation etc but unable to break the anxiety cycle. The mind continued to slip into something to worry about. In the end, my doctor gave me lorazepam for a few days. This medicine was damn powerful. After taking it, I just felt calm and happy for no reason. The world suddenly became brighter.  That moment made me understand how the junkie felt when they took drugs😂  With a few good sleep, my anxiety was completely gone. 

Maybe you need a good sleep to break the anxiety cycle?! Lol. Cause if sleep no good or cannot sleep, it would lead to many negative things.

1 hour ago, Somewhat1975 said:

Benzos do help a lot of people with anxiety symptoms. For the last 10+ years, I've seen how it's helped many people with that or acute stress reaction.

But after reading what Jordan Peterson went through due to clonazepam withdrawal in 2019-2020. He suffered very severe withdrawal effects.
Though I learned quite a bit from his lectures and book, I personally thought it seemed over exaggerated like typical AMs making a big deal out of it, cos it ain't heroin or what.

But when i read through some youtube comments, reddit posts, it does seem that BZD withdrawal can be literal hell for people and that benzos are the worst drugs to be coming off at addiction clinics. Both anecdotally from people who work at addiction clinics and own dependent patients (some of whom have undergone withdrawal for opoids like oxycontin/heroin etc)

So nowadays, I'm lot more cautious about prescribing the above, even though the ones commonly available in singapore are the safer ones.

• Praise 3

37 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Maybe you need a good sleep to break the anxiety cycle?! Lol. Cause if sleep no good or cannot sleep, it would lead to many negative things.

Lack of sleep makes u more labile to negative emotions. It's probably one of the reasons why insomniacs have high risk of mental or mood disorders.

So sleep-sleep-sleep.
I get very bad mood when I'm tired.
I know of some people who still are like angels even when they are exhausted. I really respect them for it cos i certainly can't do it. 

• Praise 4

41 minutes ago, 13177 said:

when you have an anxiety disorder, it is damn hard to sleep well.  Lacking of good sleep will in turn make the anxiety worse. Vicious cycle

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Benzos do help a lot of people with anxiety symptoms. For the last 10+ years, I've seen how it's helped many people with that or acute stress reaction.

But after reading what Jordan Peterson went through due to clonazepam withdrawal in 2019-2020. He suffered very severe withdrawal effects.
Though I learned quite a bit from his lectures and book, I personally thought it seemed over exaggerated like typical AMs making a big deal out of it, cos it ain't heroin or what.

But when i read through some youtube comments, reddit posts, it does seem that BZD withdrawal can be literal hell for people and that benzos are the worst drugs to be coming off at addiction clinics. Both anecdotally from people who work at addiction clinics and own dependent patients (some of whom have undergone withdrawal for opoids like oxycontin/heroin etc)

So nowadays, I'm lot more cautious about prescribing the above, even though the ones commonly available in singapore are the safer ones.

agree with u. The medicine is quite addictive. I only took it for 3-4 days around 10 yrs ago. But the "feel good" memory is still vivid until today.  😁

It is good to use it to break the anxiety cycle for people like me, who experienced event-triggered anxiety.  People with chronic anxiety disorder better seek other treatment.

• Praise 1

Years ago I used to worry a little too excessively. Affecting sleep and all when certain work issues cropped up. Listened to an audiobook on the subject and it helped a lot [laugh]

Two things I recall that may help:

(1) For any issue, put in your efforts and action quickly on those matters that is in YOUR CONTROL. Then when handing it over to others to continue the process, it is OUT of your control, so no point worrying too much about this part.

(2) Think about all those times in the past that you have faced worrying situations, and then rationalize that many , if not all , of them turned out well in the end, didn't it? So, no point worrying that things may go south, it most likely won't, in the greater scheme of things.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2

Is can't breath properly, just simply can't get enough oxygen a sign of anxiety?  My son used to have this random breathing difficulty when he is stress, like during a swim/running, , fever (no running nose). Ever rushed him to A and E and see clinic paediatrician, cannot find anything. Doc rule out asthma, lung function is good. A and E doctor did mentioned his Co2 level abit elevated.

Now into his mid teens,  haven't had a episode for 4 years liao. 

• Praise 1

38 minutes ago, Somewhat1975 said:

when you have an anxiety disorder, it is damn hard to sleep well.  Lacking of good sleep will in turn make the anxiety worse. Vicious cycle

True, maybe this is why when a person has anxiety disorder, not easy for them to recover well since even cannot get a good sleep. Same theory when you are sick, the most basic thing to do is to sleep well, however some people hard to sleep when sick, so difficult to recover.

Just now, Ender said:

Is can't breath properly, just simply can't get enough oxygen a sign of anxiety?  My son used to have this random breathing difficulty when he is stress, like during a swim/running, , fever (no running nose). Ever rushed him to A and E and see clinic paediatrician, cannot find anything. Doc rule out asthma, lung function is good. A and E doctor did mentioned his Co2 level abit elevated.

Now into his mid teens,  haven't had a episode for 4 years liao. 

Could a sign of anxiety or panic attack. Such attack might lead to breathing difficulty.

46 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Lack of sleep makes u more labile to negative emotions. It's probably one of the reasons why insomniacs have high risk of mental or mood disorders.

So sleep-sleep-sleep.
I get very bad mood when I'm tired.
I know of some people who still are like angels even when they are exhausted. I really respect them for it cos i certainly can't do it. 

Agree, some people can function well and behave like angels even they are exhausted or lack of sleep. I always wish i could be like them. For me if i am tired or could not sleep well, i would feel like my body immune system like go haywire, and easily like fall sick, and might also feel giddy. And i would not get bad mood though. Lol.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Agree, some people can function well and behave like angels even they are exhausted or lack of sleep. I always wish i could be like them. For me if i am tired or could not sleep well, i would feel like my body immune system like go haywire, and easily like fall sick, and might also feel giddy. And i would not get bad mood though. Lol.

Hmm...I sleep very well, 7hrs, old mah, thing is I'm in a bad mood everyday regardless. 杀气很重.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1