Dad flies to UK to buy back a watch that son stole!

RadX

The son probably tempted to take the watch after seeing that ASK owner carelessly left it there like some cheapo trinket. Thinking this fella doesn't value it anyway and probably won't bother with it missing. Turned out, the owner bothered and went to report to police.

Nice watch.though. I am going to image-search in taobao and see what comes up.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

52 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

funny.... how come this guy so stupid to admit? he sold it off in the uk. surely no evidence?

Am pretty sure the police have some advanced psychology or persuasive skills to apply to their questioning process. Or simply by asking repeatedly about the events around the point of interest, many many times until some inconsistency surfaces in the story ... 

Edited by Sosaria

quote from CNA "a genuine expression of remorse and contrition" by the father 👍👍, guess that "not even char siew" fellow don't even give a damn.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, RadX said:

This is what I call class! The dad has it and made good to right a wrong, regardless!

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/valet-driver-jailed-for-stealing-client-s-s-15-000-hublot-watch-14061142

This guy must have used his job as a steward, visited the shop in London during a work trip there to sell the watch. 

Plus poor father kenna SHN ( quarantine) here back Sg for 2 weeks ($2,000+) ..... what hell he ( father) must have gone thru ‘ ...... doting father I must say ..... man of principle 

• Praise 5

7 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

funny.... how come this guy so stupid to admit? he sold it off in the uk. surely no evidence?

Eh.. Once get caught don't admit? Later investigate and have concrete evidence its him how? The sentence mightbe more severe as he is not telling the truth on the onset. 

2 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Plus poor father kenna SHN ( quarantine) here back Sg for 2 weeks ($2,000+) ..... what hell he ( father) must have gone thru ‘ ...... doting father I must say ..... man of principle 

Father flew to London in Nov 2019. No COVID SHN required yet.

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Eh.. Once get caught don't admit? Later investigate and have concrete evidence its him how? The sentence mightbe more severe as he is not telling the truth on the onset. 

That's my point. Firstly he wasn't "caught" since they have no evidence against him and just suspect him.

Secondly, he picked up the item in an enclosed vehicle, sold it overseas. Very unlikely that there's evidence he took it. And even more unlikely that sg police can trace who he sold it to overseas if he was smart about it since it is just a 15k item. If steal from hsien loong then don't say la.

So weighing the risk, police most likely don't have the evidence. 

I think it is more likely what @Sosaria said. Police used "advanced" interrogation tactics on him. What does that exactly mean tho? Beat him on his soles?

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

That's my point. Firstly he wasn't "caught" since they have no evidence against him and just suspect him.

Secondly, he picked up the item in an enclosed vehicle, sold it overseas. Very unlikely that there's evidence he took it. And even more unlikely that sg police can trace who he sold it to overseas if he was smart about it since it is just a 15k item. If steal from hsien loong then don't say la.

So weighing the risk, police most likely don't have the evidence. 

I think it is more likely what @Sosaria said. Police used "advanced" interrogation tactics on him. What does that exactly mean tho? Beat him on his soles?

Polis do this kind of work 24x7 ....... they specialize in making people spill the beans 

• Praise 2

I read with mixed feelings about the father...

Is he really a good father??? 

As a father, I hope my kids don't end up as a thief...

Maybe that guy is already 31 year old, still I hope my kids don't grow up and become thieves. 

Sometimes, the stuff you teach your kids, for me like maths, science, etc. You wonder about the morals stuff... don't look down on the people who are weaker, don't rely on others (which I don't think I am doing well at all), etc  

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Maybe that guy is already 31 year old, still I hope my kids don't grow up and become thieves. 

Sometimes, the stuff you teach your kids, for me like maths, science, etc. You wonder about the morals stuff... don't look down on the people who are weaker, don't rely on others (which I don't think I am doing well at all), etc  

Even if the father has tot his kids good moral values but peer pressure to show off and trying to live or keep up with the Jones and Joneses takes root/ precedence  also 

• Praise 4

6 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Good Parenting is very important. Sometimes it is just very difficult where both parents are super busy working. So there need to have a balance. Actually with advancement in technology, the balance by right should be much easier as like now we could have an online meeting instead of physically travel long distance to have meeting (for those need to travel frequently overseas before COVID-19 strike). The time saved actually can do many more things that people once overlooked. 

Just now, BanCoe said:

Even if the father has tot his kids good moral values but peer pressure to show off and trying to live or keep up with the Jones and Joneses takes root/ precedence  also 

ya lah, but I am sure the father felt that way when he traveled to UK to fix his son's mistake...

I am not saying it is the father's responsibility but as a father I am pretty sure he felt terrible his son ended up that way. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3