You can now move WhatsApp chat history to Telegram

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

telegram-move-chat-news.jpg

source: https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-you-can-now-move-whatsapp-chat-history-telegram

You can now move your chat history from WhatsApp or other instant messaging apps to Telegram. 

In a blog post, Telegram shared that video and documents from WhatsApp, Line and KakoTalk can be moved to its iOS and Android app. This works for both individual chats and groups. Below are the steps for doing so:

• For iOS users, they can open the Contact Info or Group Info page in WhatsApp, tap Export Chat, and choose Telegram in the Share Menu.
  • For Android users, they can open a WhatsApp chat, tap ⋮ > More > Export Chat, then choose Telegram in the Share menu.

Messages will be imported into the current day and will also include the original timestamps. For group chats, all members will also see the messages.

Telegram also rolled out enhancements to some features such as improved voice chats, improved audio player and new Android animations.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

What if Telegram later announce the same thing as Whatsapp? What's next? Use fax?

Nothing is free wan lah. It's just matter of sooner or later Telegram will collect your info.

• Haha! 5

8 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

What if Telegram later announce the same thing as Whatsapp? What's next? Use fax?

Nothing is free wan lah. It's just matter of sooner or later Telegram will collect your info.

There will be something else by then......already moved from AOL to Yahoo to ICQ to Skype to WA to TG/Signal to.........

I believe the least likely to sell, Signal.

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

Don't bring the old baggage over. Start afresh. 

Anyway, most TG users are not active. So, doubt the real usage will pick up tremenously.

I think many people still continue stick to using Whatsapp lo.

30 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Then move on to Viber, when Viber starts collecting, move to Signal.....

LoL...you alone move but what about your contacts? Move here move there your contacts also sian.

Just dont post things too private like your naked photo, I think there's nothing ppl can download and sell. LoL...

Be mindful of what you say and what you post on any platform, to me it's good enough. Keep in mind ppl can see what you are doing. You cannot play cat & mouse game forever.

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Then move on to Viber, when Viber starts collecting, move to Signal.....

And just like that you put all of your trust into Viber and Signal? Do you know who is the developer? I also dont know.

What if they are the same group of ppl from Whatsapp? Got so many ppl so good at developing messaging app? I think the messaging app community is very small. Sama sama ppl rotate around the app companies. How else do you think they can make it so easy for you to migrate here and there with all your info?

Edited by Watwheels

43 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

LoL...you alone move but what about your contacts? Move here move there your contacts also sian.

Just dont post things too private like your naked photo, I think there's nothing ppl can download and sell. LoL...

Be mindful of what you say and what you post on any platform, to me it's good enough. Keep in mind ppl can see what you are doing. You cannot play cat & mouse game forever.

If somebody wants to talk to me, they have plenty ways.......just pick up the bl@@dy phone is a start, like, old skool.

The posts and messages are fully encrypted so it is not the privacy of the message itself that is in question, it is what FB take from the phone......contacts, usage profile, apps installed, time spent etc. etc. as a way of selling that information to their 3-party advertisers.

End of the day, with WA, I won't let SuckOnBurger use my information just so HE can make even more money. Why? I don't have a FB account and most were on WA before they sold out, only agreeing to keep using WA because FB said they would not do exactly what they are about to start.

2 hours ago, bsswan said:

There will be something else by then......already moved from AOL to Yahoo to ICQ to Skype to WA to TG/Signal to.........

I believe the least likely to sell, Signal.

Icq! Classic!🤣

the main issue is your group of friends, customers , suppliers. soccer kakis all of them using what apps.

u ownself 1 ppl use new apps and delete old apps, and u want demand every 1 to follow u is impossible ma

in fact i DL wechat just because my customer over sea and in malaysia use them. 

↡ Advertisement