S'pore Reddit User Claims Losses of ~S$81,500 Trading GameStop (NYSE: GME) on Tiger Brokers

1 hour ago, Ho2786 said:

omg!!!! I went all in max leverage on gamestop

have to jump from building now

@RadX waiting 🤣

Edited by BanCoe
  • Haha! 3

Well, Janet Yellen Got $810,000 to Give Speeches at One of the Firms in the GameStop Mess

image.thumb.png.e8990f191afced470d47aee0b9a40a0f.png

OK, so—a group of individual investors collaborated via a Reddit message board to drive up the price of stock issued by the video game retailer GameStop. They did so in part because they were aware that a number of hedge funds had “shorted” GameStop, essentially betting that the company’s stock price would fall. Hit hard when it rose instead, one such fund, Melvin Capital, got an emergency backstop investment from another, Citadel LLC.

And then, on another track, there’s an app called Robinhood, which carries out trades on behalf of individual investors, including many of those who’ve been driving the surge in GameStop’s price. Robinhood carries out those trades by routing them to other firms to execute in the actual relevant market (i.e., a computer somewhere). One of the firms that does that for Robinhood, and in fact pays Robinhood for the privilege, is Citadel Securities. Citadel Securities and Citadel LLC are both owned by the same megabillionaire.

image.thumb.png.262a65150a6d0749cb7d9b0912955767.png

Not sure what got over me when I decided to buy into GME late at night for a small CNY lottery ticket.

Heng got out in time during the squeeze!

*ignore the nokia shit. just bought 1000 shares to test as I was having trouble selling GME (not sure if poems problem, exchange problem or what).

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
↡ Advertisement