Suu Kyi detained

Didu

It's no secret that our generals are groomed for politics. We have a scholar system where the incumbent identifies bright young men to join their party, pay them well along the way of course, and that's why we don't see attempted coup here because the army is not the be all end all for them. They will become THE government one day.

But along the way, they placed those who refused politics into GLC. And a lot of damage is done this way to the corporate valuation and our reserves. 

This is not an ideal system although it in theory prevents a coup. We lost equally more on the value proposition. I don't want GLC to be run by clowns.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/united-states-myanmar-leader-aung-san-suu-kyi-detained-14085698?cid=FBcna

Darn.. Can America don't keep chap Qi Ka or not? Other countries happening is non of their business. Solve their own problems 1st and not every thing chap Qi Ka and make it worst or spend even more money. 

their backside still full of shit, yet they still want to talk about other ppl shit.🤣

this is what i mean by no respect for others

Edited by Beregond

9 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

First para: so Suu Kyi was a mere puppet? No real power at all? 

Second para: the Israeli IDF is a conscript army (women too!) and I think their sense of esprit de corps and respect for their military leaders is much stronger than in our men. But they've actually fought wars led by these men and women. Maybe that's something not worth having. 

Yes, it is my opinion that she has been a mere puppet. Or at the very least, just a figurehead.

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Yes, it is my opinion that she has been a mere puppet. Or at the very least, just a figurehead.

she got administrative power to run the country , to the extend that the interest of those holding real power is not effected ie. those generals.

they wont allow her to even be a figurehead if their own interest is threaten .

its all about money, if her backers want give her real power, they need throw money in, win the generals and their soldiers over.  so far i didnt see that happening.

civilians   and soldiers cannot feed on freedom and  democracy , they need real money and food on the table.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

The very first thing that any sensible civilian administration should have done is to clip the wings of the military. Preferably in a bloodless and even win-win fashion. 

Look at sg. So many people kpkb about why so many Generals go into ruling party politics and/or secure sinecures in senior civil service admin jobs. But have these people considered all the possible reasons this may not be an entirely bad thing? The last thing we need is a cult of personality built up by flag and senior officers. 

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

No lah - here the officers only do a stint of 1 or 2 max 3 years in each post. Where got time to build up personal cult? And most soldiers are highly educated (probably more so then the commanders) NSF/NSmen. You think they gong gong follow like those career Thai/Myanmese/Indon etc private soldiers? 

I heard before. Whatever you do, never make the people carrying the country's weaponry unhappy and disaffected.

That is why regular's salaries are relatively high.  Cos if they are much lower than the market rate, they may look elsewhere for the money (assuming they can't simply resign and work outside).

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Myanmar military is a totally different animal.  Deep seated corruption and they control everything in the country. 

Try doing new business there? You got to give under table to all the generals.  Every department has a general in charge. Very much like Thailand.  

And every civilian is afraid of the army.

Obviously the foot soldiers are loyal to the general, not to some civilian government.  Generals are the one feeding the soldiers. And the soldiers are just foot soldiers without much education. They don't question the generals.

So its corruption at every level. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

The military release her from house arrest is due to international pressure and sanction. Not that they love her so much. 

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

she got administrative power to run the country , to the extend that the interest of those holding real power is not effected ie. those generals.

they wont allow her to even be a figurehead if their own interest is threaten .

its all about money, if her backers want give her real power, they need throw money in, win the generals and their soldiers over.  so far i didnt see that happening.

civilians   and soldiers cannot feed on freedom and  democracy , they need real money and food on the table.

You will need to pay a lot of real money to get millionaire generals to give up power. 

The military is too embedded. Money alone will never be enough. 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Voodooman said:

You will need to pay a lot of real money to get millionaire generals to give up power. 

The military is too embedded. Money alone will never be enough. 

yes they have been in power since ww2 end.

try telling all the kings and sultans in the middle east and elsewhere  to give up their power  and see what happens

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Weez911 said:

I think it is not apple-to-apple to compare Myanmar to Singapore because theirs is a fledging democracy and their military is still a mighty albatross around their democracy's neck. The military heads think the country owe them a favour for giving up military rule and to allow some form of democracy to start, but the power is very much in their hands. It's almost impossible to rein them in if they still want to come back to power. It's a complex problem for ASSK which she can never solves.

I'm a strong critic of parachuting ex-generals into GLC because they destroy values of these corps. These are all taxpayers' money and reserves and I don't like noobies handling our kids' future.

So question thus, how do we deal with these generals without having a potential coup and destroying our corps' value? I don't have an answer but there are many successful cases of established democratic governments which have managed to create a functional civilian control of military. Maybe we can learn from the best?

Totally agreed on this inbreeding. 

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Many ppl forgot thai got their own military  coup many years back.

Are their  military  still in power?

They have changed their uniform into civies!😁

Edited by Fitvip
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Second para: the Israeli IDF is a conscript army (women too!) and I think their sense of esprit de corps and respect for their military leaders is much stronger than in our men. But they've actually fought wars led by these men and women. Maybe that's something not worth having. 

Cannot compare. Those wearing the stars on the shoulders there have been blooded and many lead from the front earlier in careers. Here not a single one comes close to 1% of that. Yes its not worth having, we cant afford that. We are small peesai. We don't have an entire entrenched infrastructure over at Uncle Sam's bungalow rooting for us.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Yewheng said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/united-states-myanmar-leader-aung-san-suu-kyi-detained-14085698?cid=FBcna

Darn.. Can America don't keep chap Qi Ka or not? Other countries happening is non of their business. Solve their own problems 1st and not every thing chap Qi Ka and make it worst or spend even more money. 

They chap ji ka because its a sideways attack to China. Too farkin obvious. Saudi no democratic rule never kena anything.

• Haha! 1

I think she is just a puppet to legitimize military rule.

:grin:

She has popular support

but I quote a famous communist

All power come from the barrel of a gun.

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Ake109 said:

They chap ji ka because its a sideways attack to China. Too farkin obvious. Saudi no democratic rule never kena anything.

i dun even remember if they mention any thing at all during thai coup. 

aust even worst, their soldiers slashing throats of kids elsewhere haven even settle, now they want poke myanmar also🤮

↡ Advertisement