COE Bidding – February 2021

Carbon82

2 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

Fengshui Almanac (really) says today suitable for buying new car.

Means coming down?

Really suitable day to buy new car

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

The bids are surprisingly lower than expected.  Perhaps car dealers want a break during CNY rather than rushing for deliveries.

19 minutes ago, 7deadlysins said:

It will go even lower the next bid

any reason why? can share something we do not know? But the decline came as a surprise to me, I was expecting the COE price to hold or even go up.

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

any reason why? can share something we do not know? But the decline came as a surprise to me, I was expecting the COE price to hold or even go up.

Usually the 1st bid after CNY is lower. Those who wanted a car would have gotten it before CNY so that can drive new car during CNY. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

The COE market is largely manipulated and controlled by the key car distributors. Only they can answer your question.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, awhtc said:

The bids are surprisingly lower than expected.  Perhaps car dealers want a break during CNY rather than rushing for deliveries.

Then many customers would be disappointed that they could not drive new car during CNY?! Lol.

8 hours ago, Vinceng said:

The COE market is largely manipulated and controlled by the key car distributors. Only they can answer your question.

Like C&C, PM and BM?

8 hours ago, Vinceng said:

I agreed. This round the number of bid is low compare to last bid. 

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Then many customers would be disappointed that they could not drive new car during CNY?! Lol.

Not exactly correct because regardless of the price for the COE, the number of happy customers remain same. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2