COE Bidding – February 2021

Carbon82

some new models are selling very well with delivery stretching till June/July. So ADs will not bid so early for them. Plus a pull back of the COE price can attract more new buyers. Playing very well into their cards...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Soundphile said:

some new models are selling very well with delivery stretching till June/July. So ADs will not bid so early for them. Plus a pull back of the COE price can attract more new buyers. Playing very well into their cards...

COE valid for 6 months. AD will bid slowly for those car in June/July and bid lower amount. So if COE dip, then the buyer will get the COE at a lower amount. If COE rises, then wait for next round.

14 hours ago, 7deadlysins said:

It will go even lower the next bid

Yes I believe going forward, COE may gradually going downward trend since the trend started this month first bidding. Of course AD hoping COE go downwards then they made more profit as car prices were already confirmed.

Or roses at Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day 12 roses 60 dollars.

Next day 12 roses 30 dollars.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 2

52 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

COE go down any AD drop their price or not?

That's the $50000 question.

If they hold price, may mean that they still have ample orders on hand

• Praise 2

COE go up a bit all these ADs so fast put up their prices already. COE go down never lower their prices.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

Why lower prices when there are buyers at current or even higher price levels? The economy is recovering and things are on gradual upswing and so will COE.

The distributors deliberately went easy on bidding to manipulate this decrease in price, so buyers can flock to the showroom this weekend. 

Whether COE prices are headed north or south next round, even a 3 yr old can predict!!!!

11 hours ago, Bensky said:

Why lower prices when there are buyers at current or even higher price levels? The economy is recovering and things are on gradual upswing and so will COE.

The economy is still not out of the woods from covid 19, we will see more impact this year when the JSS stops and less help from the government, more SMEs may have to close shop and more people may lose their jobs.

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

The economy is still not out of the woods from covid 19, we will see more impact this year when the JSS stops and less help from the government, more SMEs may have to close shop and more people may lose their jobs.

So far no see economy is bad le, everyone is like spending like nobody business. You can see it esp on property and cars. Lol.

56 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

That's one scenario. The government is trying its best to prevent this from happening by vaccine and other ways to boost economy

Singapore PMI still rising, but factory growth momentum expected to ease in 2021

SINGAPORE'S factory sector continued its growth in December, as sentiment picked up on the month before, a survey on Monday showed.

The Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) rose to 50.5 points, up by 0.1 point from November, according to the Singapore Institute of Purchasing...

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/singapore-pmi-still-rising-but-factory-growth-momentum-expected-to-ease-in-2021

I think the worst is over, but that does not mean we are doing well generally.  A good indicator could be how well the CNY goods and decorations e.g. mandarin oranges are selling.  The sales only roughly half from previous years based on my observation.

Edited by awhtc

26 minutes ago, awhtc said:

I think the worst is over, but that does not mean we are doing well generally.  A good indicator could be how well the CNY goods and decorations e.g. mandarin oranges are selling.  The sales only roughly half from previous years based on my observation.

People who do not buy orange does not means that he/she will not buy a car. Simply put it that there is only 4000 COE per month (Cat A+B+open cat). There is 5M people in Singapore. There are so much of rich FT coming in as well. 

The only one submitting the bids are the AD. So it really depend on how the AD bid for the COE. Ultimately the price control by the top 3 brands and how much they want to submit or bid for the price.

We can only squeeze the AD as much as possible and wait for it. 

Global economies are extremely high on liquidity at levels never seen before in previous downturns - thanks to multiple stimulus measures.  Thus, there will not be any deep or protracted recession ahead.  Selected small sectors will recover slower than others but that will not weigh down the buoyant recovery momentum.  Once vaccination is at steady state globally from 2nd half 2021, the economic upswing will be strong and sustained. Mark my words.

2 hours ago, awhtc said:

Bak kwa prices also highest I have seen. 😂

↡ Advertisement