COE Bidding – February 2021

Carbon82

2 hours ago, Bensky said:

Global economies are extremely high on liquidity at levels never seen before in previous downturns - thanks to multiple stimulus measures.  Thus, there will not be any deep or protracted recession ahead.  Selected small sectors will recover slower than others but that will not weigh down the buoyant recovery momentum.  Once vaccination is at steady state globally from 2nd half 2021, the economic upswing will be strong and sustained. Mark my words.

Only if the effect from the vaccine is steady, stable and effective against the covid. If not also no use.

On 2/5/2021 at 9:19 AM, awhtc said:

I think the worst is over, but that does not mean we are doing well generally.  A good indicator could be how well the CNY goods and decorations e.g. mandarin oranges are selling.  The sales only roughly half from previous years based on my observation.

No visiting buy so many oranges for what?

On 2/5/2021 at 1:31 PM, Philipkee said:

Maybe cos no one going to Malaysia to buy?

No china worker to pengkang bak kuah, all done by local, it is partly why price increased. 😄

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

This round may see a dip across most if not all categories.  Industry sources confirmed sales have been slow due to festivities/PH but it all depends on these few days since Sunday past and bulk bids by PHVs. Let’s see...

1 hour ago, Bensky said:

This round may see a dip across most if not all categories.  Industry sources confirmed sales have been slow due to festivities/PH but it all depends on these few days since Sunday past and bulk bids by PHVs. Let’s see...

Wah hope to see drop, not that i can afford new car but old COE car will drop price also, that is all i could afford 😅

• Haha! 1

Surprise to see so many predictions that COE will drop. I say surprise cos there has been a cut in the quota since this month's bidding though admittedly COE did drop despite the cut at the Feb first bidding. My feel is that it maybe sideways or drop abit only.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

Normally every year during CNY COE will drop to attract sales to come in after CNY. So I predict drop of 1 to 2 k in Cat A and 3 to 4 k in Cat B.

When LCR was bidding aggressively  for uber a few years ago, regardless of christmas, CNY , hari raya, depavalli,  COE price was only  having one direction, up and up despite the huge quota allocation. 

3 hours ago, mikk123 said:

our DPM say our economy is recovering, everyone feel rich again, come in and buy buy buy... 

Feel rich and real rich is different. I think it will drop, maybe at 3 to 4k for cat b and 1k for cat A.

when most of the people here say COE will go up, it went down, e.g. last bid

so this bid, looks like most say down ... so it might go up?  Just guessing ....

• Haha! 1