Things to take note when you go for your Covid Vaccination

therock

I am a successful used car dealer. I can afford $35 for the vaccine. Why not make me pay it myself? I will be glad to.

:D

↡ Advertisement

I think making it free increases uptake 

but there’s no need to pay people for it 👍 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Daryllim69 said:

Just to share my experience. Being in the essential service industry, I had both my jabs in late January and mid Feb. After my first jab in late January, other than the normal sore I had on my arm after a vaccination, no other side effects noted. However, my other colleagues did feedback on some discomfort as well as higher body temperature. But there was a spite in absenteeism in my company after staff took their first jab. Went for my second jab on the fifth day of CNY. Before I had my jab, I asked around people who has taken the jab before me. Many complain that the soreness on the hand is worst than first jab. Some felt weak and restless after the jab. Went for my jab and I don't feel a thing to be honest. No side effects at all except for the usual sore on the hand. No more soreness after day 3 though but again there was a spite in absenteeism after jab 2. Not sure if the spike in absenteeism is due to the side effects or people using it as a convenient excuse to stay away from work though.  

I did had slight fever and restlessness after 2nd jab. Lucky, I am studying from home. Otherwise I would have gotten myself an MC to rest also.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
25 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I did had slight fever and restlessness after 2nd jab. Lucky, I am studying from home. Otherwise I would have gotten myself an MC to rest also.

Looks like restlessness and feeling tired after 2nd jab is quite common. Heard many people who took the 2nd jab experience it.

You have around 3-4 hours to get home and hit the sack. 

Don’t plan anything for the same night

the sooner you rest and the more you rest the better you feel the next day

dont sleep late or do something stressful 

• Praise 2

19 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Have seen people walking around like a king with only half mask recently...their chins need protection more than the lungs 🤦

The lately hot 🥵 weather is unforgiving like between 10 am till 5pm ........

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, 13177 said:

Looks like restlessness and feeling tired after 2nd jab is quite common. Heard many people who took the 2nd jab experience it.

Not true. I had my second jab on the 5th day of CNY, was on leave but went for the jab as arranged at 10 AM. After completion, around 11 AM, went over to my friend's place for a game of mahjong till late night. Went home, slept and continue my game the next day. 

23 hours ago, Daryllim69 said:

Just to share my experience. Being in the essential service industry, I had both my jabs in late January and mid Feb. After my first jab in late January, other than the normal sore I had on my arm after a vaccination, no other side effects noted. However, my other colleagues did feedback on some discomfort as well as higher body temperature. But there was a spite in absenteeism in my company after staff took their first jab. Went for my second jab on the fifth day of CNY. Before I had my jab, I asked around people who has taken the jab before me. Many complain that the soreness on the hand is worst than first jab. Some felt weak and restless after the jab. Went for my jab and I don't feel a thing to be honest. No side effects at all except for the usual sore on the hand. No more soreness after day 3 though but again there was a spite in absenteeism after jab 2. Not sure if the spike in absenteeism is due to the side effects or people using it as a convenient excuse to stay away from work though.  

Apa Cakap?

jab Arm then hand sore?

soreness around vaccination site is common but hand sore?

Which hand? Left or right?

hand and arm is different likewise in mandarin or other languages...

Broca’s area affected? Spite/spike

and the many complain... the side effects are subjective and varies from immune system to immune system.
my elderly parents p generation .... dad bodaiji, mum slightly sore on vaccination site but sore over opposite arm.

and the open is all about the money as well as helping the local merchants...take it as selective early gst rebate by 杰佬.

The other noticeable problem I leave to better players.

Hypersonic
On 3/2/2021 at 11:29 AM, Daryllim69 said:

I will say as highlight.

• Haha! 1

My first jab ends with slight soreness on the second day and was gone by the 3rd day. The soreness doesn't affect any functions like ability to carry heavy stuff etc. 

However on my Second Jab in late Feb which i took at 8am in the morning, i had chills and fever in the late afternoon at 5pm. Temperature was about 38-39. The fever lasted till next day 11am. 

I had also heard cases where others have similar side effect of fever like mine. Soreness is common i think. So far, it seems that the vaccination is safe in the short run with no long term concern observed.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, DonNuTs said:

My first jab ends with slight soreness on the second day and was gone by the 3rd day. The soreness doesn't affect any functions like ability to carry heavy stuff etc. 

However on my Second Jab in late Feb which i took at 8am in the morning, i had chills and fever in the late afternoon at 5pm. Temperature was about 38-39. The fever lasted till next day 11am. 

I had also heard cases where others have similar side effect of fever like mine. Soreness is common i think. So far, it seems that the vaccination is safe in the short run with no long term concern observed.

When you have fever due to the jab. did you go see doctor or self medication?

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

Base on the advise the vacinnation centre gave me, there is no requirement to see doctor if it is just fever. I didnt take anything initially till next morning when i took 1 paracetamol due to the headache.

Capture.JPG

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, 13177 said:

The main reason to see is to take sick leave, unless you are really unwell.

I ask my staff to buddy up, as some stay alone... check on one another 

• Praise 2

Supersonic
3 hours ago, DonNuTs said:

Base on the advise the vacinnation centre gave me, there is no requirement to see doctor if it is just fever. I didnt take anything initially till next morning when i took 1 paracetamol due to the headache.

Capture.JPG

Then the person must know how to tell the onset fever is due to jab and not really fall sick. 😅

Rashes with Moderna:

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/some-experience-delayed-rashes-after-moderna-covid-19-shots-report-says

BOSTON (BLOOMBERG) - Some people who get Moderna Inc's vaccine experience delayed rashes that can be four inches (10cm) wide or more and take as long as six days to resolve, according to a report in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Researchers reported details on 12 such cases of reactions in people who had received their first dose.

They were typically treated with ice and antihistamines although some patients needed steroid treatments. 

About half also got skin reactions after the second dose, though they were less severe.

↡ Advertisement