Suzuki's 2021 Hayabusa Is More Powerful, Quicker, and Poised Than Ever Before

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

2021-suzuki-hayabusa-superbike-motorbike

source: https://hypebeast.com/2021/2/2021-suzuki-hayabusa-superbike-motorbike-japanese-power-speed-performance-engine-information

Suzuki debuted the Hayabusa in 1999, catapulting the unassuming Japanese marque into a world of superbike notoriety, and now the all-new 2021 version has been unveiled.

The ‘Busa is instantly recognizable thanks to its low, long, and wide body, despite the new model featuring over 550 new parts that come together to create a “wind-cheating bodywork” frame and a better riding experience. For example, lines are sharper and at the front, you’ll find a new set of vertically-stacked LED headlights situated in the new angular air intakes, while other signature elements such as the dash clocks have been modernized with a color TFT screen.

Furthermore, the 1340cc inline-four-cylinder engine has been completely revised to make it quicker off the line than its predecessors. While it may only hit 186 MPH thanks to an electronic limit, new pistons, conrods, crankshaft, and camshaft enhancements — coupled with tech such as ABS and traction control, cruise control, launch control, a bi-directional quickshifter, engine brake control, and three power modes — makes for improved torque delivery in low-to-mid revs, therefore making it quicker from the word go.

In short, the ‘Busa delivers 187 HP and 150 Nm of torque, which is more than enough to shift the superbike from 0-62 MPH in around 2 seconds, much like its predecessors.

Take a look at the 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa in the gallery above, and find out more information on Suzuki’s website. The suggested retail price of the new motorbike is £16,499 GBP (approx. $22,499 USD).

Spoiler

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Wow you sure have a cool hobby. Collect or ride bikes?

No lah.I dunno how to ride yet. hahha.

I like motorbikes. The engine is very highly engineered.

• Praise 1

I see that you don't ride motorbikes. Which means you've never been on a hayabusa? Suzuki is building a spike up as something great, but for people that have ridden a Hayabusa it is seeming like a letdown. they say quick release and quicker that, but 1000 cc bikes are still going to beat this thing in a straight line. Suzuki had the opportunity to make another Halo bike. They could have given this bike 230-240hp or more and yet it's the same. For people that are superbike enthusiast this bike is not a Hayabusa. It's a slight evolution and nothing special. Sad really because this bike could have been so much. Most of the things that you're listing at having are things that Hayabusa already had. 

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

No lah.I dunno how to ride yet. hahha.

I like motorbikes. The engine is very highly engineered.

No wonder you became my idol.

Internal Moderator
On 2/7/2021 at 11:46 AM, Custommotor said:

I see that you don't ride motorbikes. Which means you've never been on a hayabusa? Suzuki is building a spike up as something great, but for people that have ridden a Hayabusa it is seeming like a letdown. they say quick release and quicker that, but 1000 cc bikes are still going to beat this thing in a straight line. Suzuki had the opportunity to make another Halo bike. They could have given this bike 230-240hp or more and yet it's the same. For people that are superbike enthusiast this bike is not a Hayabusa. It's a slight evolution and nothing special. Sad really because this bike could have been so much. Most of the things that you're listing at having are things that Hayabusa already had. 

I feel that Suzuki dun want to reinvent the wheel lah. So they tweak abit to make a comeback.

Yah, I never ride a hayabusa before. So I cannot say if it is a good bike anot. But for the engine output, I must say it is highly engineered.

Internal Moderator
38 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Goro, accord, handsome etc etc 

hahaha. i have the first 2 items. handsome, no lah. ugly outside and inside. haha. go idolise takuya kimura or smth. he then goro's siao. hahahahaa.

• Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

hahaha. i have the first 2 items. handsome, no lah. ugly outside and inside. haha. go idolise takuya kimura or smth. he then goro's siao. hahahahaa.

Haha my other idol is Hiroshi Fujiwara

• Haha! 1

They've already done so much that it's basically reinventing the wheel. this bike has been out so long the wheel needs to be reinvented.

Yes they've done a lot of new stuff to the motor, but it's a 1400 CC motor and the 1000cc bikes put out more horsepower. Suzuki dropped the ball on this one. This bike easily could have made another 30 horsepower. the way it is it's being competition which is now 1000 cc bikes are going to sell so much more than the busa. 1000cc bikes are cheaper and faster while handling better. The 1000cc bikes like the S1000RR that cost a little more are just better in every way.

They have made a bike that isn't going to sell well.

• Praise 1

Somehow i never liked the Busa. Nothing against it though.

My first superbike was the ZZR1100 Ninja back in the 90s.  
Now its already ZZR1400 with at least 200bhp.  

agreed that Suzuki could have upped the ante on the new Busa.

13 minutes ago, Nedion said:

Any new motorcycle attracts attention and I want to test it in practice)) But habits take their toll. I have a Yamaha which is 12 years old. I could buy something new, but I'm not at the age to attract beautiful girls with a new motorcycle)) I love that I have full control of my Yamaha's progress and adds confidence on the road. Regular maintenance is accelerated by accessing the parts website. I do most of this work with my own hands. Do I want to try a new model? Yes, of course)) I never miss an opportunity for a test drive. But I still come back to my Yamaha again and again ..

???!!! Attract beautiful girls with new motorcycle?????   Go where to find such beautiful girls????

Muayhahahaha.

Dont talk cock lah, want to attach link to website, just say so lah.

😂😁🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1