OFFICIAL: Tesla Singapore Discussion

dudez7

24 minutes ago, Kooman01 said:

Just had a online chat with Tesla agent, there will be a Tesla showroom and service center set up in Singapore soon.

Rather than showroom and service center, the critical question is where are SUPERCHARGERS?

Edited by inlinesix
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

21 minutes ago, Kooman01 said:

Just had a online chat with Tesla agent, there will be a Tesla showroom and service center set up in Singapore soon.

the reply i gotten is it will be sometime in may 😞

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Rather than showroom and service center, the critical question is where is SUPERCHARGER?

hope the question is not "where is SUPERCHARGER?" BUT where ARE THE SUPERCHARGERS?

• Praise 2

14 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Between America, China and India made Tesla, which will buyer choose? :D :D

Tesla To Establish EV Manufacturing Facility In India

Tesla-India-1024x555.webp

Tesla will apparently establish a manufacturing site in India as it looks to enter the local market this year.

A government document issued in the southern Indian state of Karnataka states that Tesla will open an electric car manufacturing unit in the state. This news comes not long after the car manufacturer incorporated Tesla Motors India and Energy Private Limited with its registered office in the Karnataka city of Bengaluru.

A since-deleted tweet from State Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa suggested the Tesla facility will start its local operations with a research and development unit in Bengaluru. Neither Tesla nor the office of the Karnataka state chief minister have responded to requests from Reuters to comment on the story.

India’s transport minister Nitin Gadkari revealed to the media in late December 2020 that Tesla will begin selling its vehicles in the country in 2021 and then decide on the possibility of local assembly and manufacturing.

Electric vehicles are only selling in tiny numbers in India. In fact, just 3,400 EVs were sold across the country in 2019 compared to the 1.7 million ICE passenger cars over the same period.

Tesla will initially offer the Model 3 in India ,but it won’t be cheap. Prices are expected to start at over 5.5 million Indian rupees (~$76,000), meaning the car will be out of reach for the vast majority of new car buyers. It seems likely that Tesla’s planned $25,000 EV will sell in higher numbers if sold locally in the future.

Still got Germany Gigafactory coming up soon by end of the year. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Hons said:

the reply i gotten is it will be sometime in may 😞

Well then I think ev market will then turn white hot from Q3 this year. Likely B COE will follow sky rocket high 😂

15 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Between America, China and India made Tesla, which will buyer choose? :D :D

Tesla To Establish EV Manufacturing Facility In India

Tesla-India-1024x555.webp

Tesla will apparently establish a manufacturing site in India as it looks to enter the local market this year.

A government document issued in the southern Indian state of Karnataka states that Tesla will open an electric car manufacturing unit in the state. This news comes not long after the car manufacturer incorporated Tesla Motors India and Energy Private Limited with its registered office in the Karnataka city of Bengaluru.

A since-deleted tweet from State Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa suggested the Tesla facility will start its local operations with a research and development unit in Bengaluru. Neither Tesla nor the office of the Karnataka state chief minister have responded to requests from Reuters to comment on the story.

India’s transport minister Nitin Gadkari revealed to the media in late December 2020 that Tesla will begin selling its vehicles in the country in 2021 and then decide on the possibility of local assembly and manufacturing.

Electric vehicles are only selling in tiny numbers in India. In fact, just 3,400 EVs were sold across the country in 2019 compared to the 1.7 million ICE passenger cars over the same period.

Tesla will initially offer the Model 3 in India ,but it won’t be cheap. Prices are expected to start at over 5.5 million Indian rupees (~$76,000), meaning the car will be out of reach for the vast majority of new car buyers. It seems likely that Tesla’s planned $25,000 EV will sell in higher numbers if sold locally in the future.

No wonder the recent job ad from Tesla Singapore on LinkedIn here received a lot of backlash online when it states language proficiency in Hindi as one of the job requirements for a Logistics Analyst 😁

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Mark_goh said:

Well then I think ev market will then turn white hot from Q3 this year. Likely B COE will follow sky rocket high 😂

If Govt is really serious about pushing for EV, it should start reviewing COE classification for EV range.

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Didu said:

If Govt is really serious about pushing for EV, it should start reviewing COE classification for EV range.

They can do the same shit, except with some convoluted matrix on Efficiency/Peak Power rather than emissions & bhp. 

Cat A- >/= 15 kWh/100km / <200kW

Cat B- >15kWh/100km / >200kW

Then they will remove Early EV Adopter & VES rebates once EVs become mainstream. 

So LPPL 😁

8 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

No wonder the recent job ad from Tesla Singapore on LinkedIn here received a lot of backlash online when it states language proficiency in Hindi as one of the job requirements for a Logistics Analyst 😁

I thought the Tesla 3 we are getting will be from SHA? This plant is for domestic market, I read.

49 minutes ago, tanbk said:

Is there a number to call for Tesla Singapore?

no, just use the chat on the website. if need be, they will get an advisor to call you on the phone.

Edited by Hons
  • Praise 1

On 2/14/2021 at 7:49 AM, Voodooman said:

Loves this but not so practical on SG roads.  

Less than $150k and comes with dynamic cruise control and steering pilot?  The premium makes are going to come under a lot of pressure.

Why not? I often use my Volvo pilot assist. Very useful in slow moving traffic.

• Praise 1

54 minutes ago, theory_87 said:

Why not? I often use my Volvo pilot assist. Very useful in slow moving traffic.

I usually get home within 20 mins. With traffic lights, turns every few km, not very practical in my opinion.

I find it very useful for long distance road trips, less taxing on the mind. i can rest my hands and legs although most pilot assist, Volvo included, requires drivers to "hold" onto the steering wheel at all times. i really feel "assisted" after a 3-4 hours drive.

Edited by Voodooman

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

I usually get home within 20 mins. With traffic lights, turns every few km, not very practical in my opinion.

I find it very useful for long distance road trips, less taxing on the mind. i can rest my hands and legs although most pilot assist, Volvo included, requires drivers to "hold" onto the steering wheel at all times. i really feel "assisted" after a 3-4 hours drive.

ehh, not at all times. you can take your hands off for a short while

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, theory_87 said:

ehh, not at all times. you can take your hands off for a short while

Yes but pilot assist will deactivate after a few minutes if the steering wheel is not "stroked". 

I haven't tried Tesla but the Volvo dynamic cruise control with pilot assist is really quite good on highway but works only with clear road marking. 

↡ Advertisement