OFFICIAL: Tesla Singapore Discussion

dudez7

On 3/26/2021 at 10:53 AM, Volvobrick said:

The battery probably weighs 1/3 of the entire car. 

He is trying to say he is very strong :D

• Haha! 1

On 3/31/2021 at 2:33 PM, inlinesix said:

Provided there is swap station 

Just thinking aloud.   If there is no swap station, is it worth it to buy two batteries? One for car and one to be charged at home? I assume since it can be swapped the battery cannot be that heavy..

1 hour ago, Freeder said:

Later will chibaboom or not?

Dun make our beloved LTA boh eng lei..

I thought it was a bigger version of our car battery.  Can be carried easily.

• Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I thought it was a bigger version of our car battery.  Can be carried easily.

I have Anker Power bank 20,100 mah or 72wh.

Model 3 battery is 50kwh or 50,000wh.

That's equivalent to 694pc of Anker Power Bank.

2 hours ago, Freeder said:

Later will chibaboom or not?

Dun make our beloved LTA boh eng lei..

That one need to ask SAFETY MARK

Received a call from Tesla. Some updates:

1. Showroom is opening in July.
  2. Gen 3 Wall charger is not approved yet.
  3. No portable charger is included in the car.
  4. Tesla is recommending 3rd party charger if installing now.
  5. My delivery date is in October. When I submitted the order in the middle of Feb, the webpage indicated the delivery time was in 12-16 weeks. 
  • Praise 11

Wow. So do you stay with the order or cancel?

Supposed to be delivery in May and then now become October. Thats a very big difference of 5 months.

COE price can be very different in that time. 

Any reason given for the delay? Cant be must wait for showroom to be up then can ask factory to manufacture right? 

Edited by hansmith
  • Praise 1

18 hours ago, Liuting said:

Received a call from Tesla. Some updates:

1. Showroom is opening in July.
  2. Gen 3 Wall charger is not approved yet.
  3. No portable charger is included in the car.
  4. Tesla is recommending 3rd party charger if installing now.
  5. My delivery date is in October. When I submitted the order in the middle of Feb, the webpage indicated the delivery time was in 12-16 weeks. 

so tell us.  How the hec does this work?

U order Tesla online thru their portal.  by time your car arrives, Tesla shop is opened n collect there?

How the heck the COE works then.  Ownself bid for ownself?

I ordered as well somewhere in 1st week march after researching the other details.

the order process I think is relatively easy.

1) order from Tesla website and they would just book and confirm the order.

2) an estimated date will be given . ( might be earlier if there are cancellations I assume)

3) closer to the date, Tesla will work out the car loan , car insurance (my quote was $2200+ from liberty) and probably other misc,
apparently they would work like a car dealer. ask you if you want to trade in etc.

4) WRT COE, Tesla mentioned that they would bid for me, im not sure how they would bid. but this is what they mentioned. 

• Praise 4

@hansmith I will stay with the order now and look for other alternatives. No reason is given for the delay. RHD Tesla Model 3s have been producing in Shanghai MEGA factory for a while.

19 hours ago, Commando said:

so tell us.  How the hec does this work?

U order Tesla online thru their portal.  by time your car arrives, Tesla shop is opened n collect there?

How the heck the COE works then.  Ownself bid for ownself?

Yes. I ordered via their online portal. supposed to collect the car no later than June at their Showroom(/Delivery Center?).

The portal stated the COE can be bided by Tesla on behalf or owner themselves. However, over the phone, they told me don't bid the COE first.

21 minutes ago, Liuting said:

@hansmith I will stay with the order now and look for other alternatives. No reason is given for the delay. RHD Tesla Model 3s have been producing in Shanghai MEGA factory for a while.

Chip shortage?

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Chip shortage?

None of Tesla charger(both mobile connector and wall charger) is approved locally, super charger station is not ready, change of road tax structure, I guess it is local administrative issue?

Seems Tesla is not affected by the chip shortage. Delivery of Tesla in China is much faster now compared to 3 months ago. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
24 minutes ago, Liuting said:

None of Tesla charger(both mobile connector and wall charger) is approved locally, super charger station is not ready, change of road tax structure, I guess it is local administrative issue?

Seems Tesla is not affected by the chip shortage. Delivery of Tesla in China is much faster now compared to 3 months ago. 

no one is immune from the chip shortage.

Automotive will always be tier one customers for semiconductors. with covid still raging in other parts of the world, medical equipment manufacturers are getting priority as well. the wfm situation also means consumer electronics demand surge.

semicon suppliers are just giving a bit of parts to every key customers... making sure the key guys dun die... smaller companies... will get no parts

i think we all need to pay more for stuff very very soon.

• Praise 2