OFFICIAL: Tesla Singapore Discussion

dudez7

11 minutes ago, D3badge said:

the articles was explaining the technical aspect of flood and EV. it strike me because I was reading NZ flood news saw many cars submerge into water, thus wondering will the batteries shock circuits 

more flood related EV on fire rather than EV catch fire on it own

In General, EV has better water proofing than ICE.

What the article said is related to corrosion from flood water (especially sea water).

↡ Advertisement

Tesla is planning to half it's manufacturing costs while using of 60% the manufacturing footprint (see slide #47): https://tesla-cdn.thron.com/static/AA7YQM_Investor_Day_2023_Keynote_W9DARX.pdf?xseo=&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D"Investor-Day-2023-Keynote.pdf"&utm_source=BenchmarkEmail&utm_campaign=Mar_07_2023_Email&utm_medium=email

Two new low cost models are to be unveiled in the future (see slide #13). One of those will be for the China market and made in Giga Shanghai.

Power train cost is expected to drop down to USD$1,000 per unit (see slide #58).😁 New electric motor will have no rare earth metals requirement (see slide #60). This should make legacy ICE manufacturers (i.e. Volkswagen, Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Nissan, etc.) very nervous.

No more lead acid batteries (see slide #68).

Going with 48V low voltage architecture (see slide #71) for cyber truck and new models.

Interesting CO2 emission comparison of Tesla's vehicle vs. ICE in slide #154. Will need to further look into the matter. 

There's been a 30% reduction in costs for producing the Model 3 from 2018 to 2022. No wonder Tesla's margins are so good.

Will see if Tesla is going to take the scissors on the price of their Model 3/Y to get people to open their wallets and purchase a new EV. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi. Can anybody explain why so many Tesla's are on the second hand market when most cars are only 1 - 2 years old? Is it a reliability issue, tired of the car or problems with finding chargers? I just don't understand why so many Model 3 and even almost brand new Y's are already in the second hand car market. Are they that bad that everyone wants to get rid of them after just a short time of use?

On 4/8/2023 at 3:25 PM, Jazza said:

Hi. Can anybody explain why so many Tesla's are on the second hand market when most cars are only 1 - 2 years old? Is it a reliability issue, tired of the car or problems with finding chargers? I just don't understand why so many Model 3 and even almost brand new Y's are already in the second hand car market. Are they that bad that everyone wants to get rid of them after just a short time of use?

1. Bought cheaper sell more expensive.

2. Tired of the plain interior and frog look. 

3. Can't tahan the road tax. 

4. Trade in to buy...... BMW? 

• Praise 1

(edited)

I don't understand your questions.  If I were to search the other used luxury brand for sale like 1-2 years old BMW, Mercs, Jaguar, etc .. there are also many out there. Just because there are used 1-2 years old Tesla for sale you deemed something wrong? I don't see a connection of "is Tesla good or bad" based on this.

Edited by Kooman01

Based on strict standards of MCF likely any of the following explanations is totally valid :

1. One rim or tyre got scratched

2. A scratch mark from a flying pebble on car body

3. A bird poo landed on roof. Lazy to clean

4. Uneasy that one charge lasted so long 

5. Tired of colour of car

6. Too fast and too quiet

7. Missed smell of petrol or diesel 

8. In the mood and got the moolah so just move it move it

9. My neighbours copycats, I change car to be different 

Etc etc. 

Just yada-ing. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 4/14/2023 at 1:20 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

Tesla just cut price for their Models 3 and Y

early adopters must be damn cheesed off.

Alfa EV coming out soon

• Haha! 2

Can’t please them all 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

Early adopters that bought in late 2021 and early 2022 had their COE at $40-$60k compared to now almost $120k. Its not too bad.

• Praise 2

tesla autonomous driving AI good.

Another car drift into his lane

the AI will kick the car off the road.

Pest control

:D 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
(edited)

Tesla cancels all right-hand drive Model S, Model X orders.

Tesla is no longer making a right-hand drive version of its Model S and Model X electric vehicles. The decision means that customers in countries that drive on the other side of the road, like the UK, have had orders canceled, and potential buyers are being told to buy a different model,....

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/05/tesla-axes-right-hand-drive-models-s-and-x-offers-customers-refunds/

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

Supersonic

....in Q1 2023, it built 19,437 Models S and X, yet almost half remain unsold....

If they have so many unsold,  why would they cancel order,  why not fulfill the order instead?

On 5/13/2023 at 11:56 PM, Ct3833 said:

....in Q1 2023, it built 19,437 Models S and X, yet almost half remain unsold....

If they have so many unsold,  why would they cancel order,  why not fulfill the order instead?

I would guess that the unsold ones are mostly left hand drive 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1