OFFICIAL: Tesla Singapore Discussion

dudez7

1 hour ago, Avonez said:

Any idea how much to install a charging unit at landed home? Any advantage whether AC or DC charging? What's the tesla charging specs? Hardly any info on this from Tesla website

Wallbox for home is typically around $4.5k - $5.5k and these are AC22kW EVSE.

You wont want to install a DC version as these are 10x the cost

↡ Advertisement

i checked with Audi, they will install free wall box in your house...i KIV abit first, cos now also got Etron Q4, EQA/EQC, Taycan  Cross Tourismo.. suddenly a whole bunch of new models.   

17 minutes ago, Tedlhw said:

i checked with Audi, they will install free wall box in your house...i KIV abit first, cos now also got Etron Q4, EQA/EQC, Taycan  Cross Tourismo.. suddenly a whole bunch of new models.   

E tron is way overpriced for the car. Imho. With a more than 100k margin they can afford to throw in a 5k wallbox. 

EQC and EQA are nice to look at but severely overweight and the range is definitely not good for the battery size.

Taycan and cross turismo are lovely cars but they are min 420-480k otr. They are the true evs that are designed from ground up!

imo we should see the mustang mach e come in the near future. If you have to buy an ev, buy a pure ev. Not an ev that is shared platform with the ICE siblings, like e tron, eqc and ix3

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

Model S plaid or plaid+ is tempting. But paying more than 10K in road tax every year to the government is excessive. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 2/23/2021 at 5:33 PM, Fcw75 said:

Their rationale is they are losing the petrol tax so of course must claw back the lost tax from you. It’s never about being environment friendly la.

Revenue from petrol tax increase will be more than what they will lose from ppl switching to EV

Give one drumstick, take back 1 whole chicken.....

• Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, Soya said:

Revenue from petrol tax increase will be more than what they will lose from ppl switching to EV

Actually I am thinking to change my petrol ride to a hybrid one because of this thinking. The gov has not given any indications but most likely it will increase petrol tax progressively to "encourage" or motivate car owners to get hybrid or EV rides over the next 20 years, so can expect to pay more and more for petrol.  

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, Soya said:

Progressively they will take back one whole chicken coop! 

• Haha! 1

For the wall charger, they said they cannot provide right now because its not approved by the EMA yet.... i ordered a base spec and got a call from a rep the other day... sharing the info i got..

model x and s and y will not be in SG for at least a couple of years or so.. they only plan to sell the 3 here.

for landed homes, you can approach approved third party installers for wall charger, they will cost around 5k or so for a good one.

the omv of the standard base spec is around 50k plus unconfirmed on exact number

if you just plug in your car to the wall outlet (normal slow charger), it should give you 50km overnight or so, so if you dont drive alot, you should always have a full charge if you leave it charging overnight. the quick charger will get you about 150km or so overnight..

first deliveries will happen in april/may most likely.. for mine i only ordered last week so they said its probably in june/july.

they also refuse to comment on how many orders they have, to prevent COE speculation, but from the gist of it i gather they do have plenty of orders. after all, there is no middleman here and their margins are fair. 

Edited by joshua182
  • Praise 6

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Actually I am thinking to change my petrol ride to a hybrid one because of this thinking. The gov has not given any indications but most likely it will increase petrol tax progressively to "encourage" or motivate car owners to get hybrid or EV rides over the next 20 years, so can expect to pay more and more for petrol.  

I find Nissan e-power concept quite interesting. It's closest to a practical EV as we can get at this point

• Praise 2

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Progressively they will take back one whole chicken coop! 

Lol....give 1 chicken nugget, take back whole chicken farm

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Soya said:

I find Nissan e-power concept quite interesting. It's closest to a practical EV as we can get at this point

If a plug-in function is included then it would be perfect! With a bigger battery for longer range also.

Edited by Heartlander

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Nissan e-power concept is not different from REx EV with 2 serious flaws:

1. Unable to charge via wall plug;

2.  Battery too small.

3. Don't have REGEN brake.

I rather buy petrol hybrid

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Nissan e-power concept is not different from REx EV with 2 serious flaws:

1. Unable to charge via wall plug;

2.  Battery too small.

3. Don't have REGEN brake.

I rather buy petrol hybrid

Nissan e-power is not an EV. LTA classify as hybrid. get VES but no EEAI.

4 hours ago, joshua182 said:

For the wall charger, they said they cannot provide right now because its not approved by the EMA yet.... i ordered a base spec and got a call from a rep the other day... sharing the info i got..

model x and s and y will not be in SG for at least a couple of years or so.. they only plan to sell the 3 here.

for landed homes, you can approach approved third party installers for wall charger, they will cost around 5k or so for a good one.

the omv of the standard base spec is around 50k plus unconfirmed on exact number

if you just plug in your car to the wall outlet (normal slow charger), it should give you 50km overnight or so, so if you dont drive alot, you should always have a full charge if you leave it charging overnight. the quick charger will get you about 150km or so overnight..

first deliveries will happen in april/may most likely.. for mine i only ordered last week so they said its probably in june/july.

they also refuse to comment on how many orders they have, to prevent COE speculation, but from the gist of it i gather they do have plenty of orders. after all, there is no middleman here and their margins are fair. 

the info on slow charging overnight from a wall outlet (13A 3-pin socket) is kind of correct but irrelevant, since 13A evse are not approved to be sold here. btw, if you are able to test one, it should be able to deliver around 2kW and over night, say 8 hrs should give you 16kWh and that should extend the range of the tm3 by 130km.

Edited by Hons
  • Praise 1

41 minutes ago, Hons said:

Nissan e-power is not an EV. LTA classify as hybrid. get VES but no EEAI.

To me it is still an EV. LTA knows shit.

2BD4F845-2AB6-4C67-967F-E539EEC9073B.jpeg

• Praise 3

42 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

do you own an e-power? why so piss with lta?

is an irony how e-power is presented in the diagram.
100% electric -> e-power -> hybrid
as i read it, e-power is in the middle of a 100% (full) ev and a hybrid.

hmmm...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

55 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

If a plug-in charging function is included then will be considered a EV haha.

↡ Advertisement