OFFICIAL: Tesla Singapore Discussion

dudez7

For owners with a EV charger installed at their residential home, is it true that there is a regular servicing schedule on the charger? If so, what is the frequency and costs for this regular maintenance?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi. Firstly sorry for riding my post on this thread.

would like to check if any1 who bought a Tesla tried to retain their old car plate number to their new Tesla?

Can i know the procedure?
Is tesla able to assist on this?

will there be downtime for the old car?

16 hours ago, Bczm8703 said:

Hi. Firstly sorry for riding my post on this thread.

would like to check if any1 who bought a Tesla tried to retain their old car plate number to their new Tesla?

Can i know the procedure?
Is tesla able to assist on this?

will there be downtime for the old car?

why would it be any different to retaining old number plate on any new car?

most unlikely that there are any different regulations for number plate retention for EVs ..

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

@Mooose 

14 minutes ago, Mooose said:

why would it be any different to retaining old number plate on any new car?

most unlikely that there are any different regulations for number plate retention for EVs ..

i have not do the retain of old plate number before thus am unsure of the process.

Reason for retaining the old plate number is due to it having special meaning to me thus the retain to new car

23 hours ago, Bczm8703 said:

@Mooose 

i have not do the retain of old plate number before thus am unsure of the process.

Reason for retaining the old plate number is due to it having special meaning to me thus the retain to new car

no worries, can always retain old plate .. how helpful a sales person is will vary even within the same company .. no downtime, just need to do up the new plate for the old car later (usually the sales person can help do this) ..

Hypersonic

10% can travel v far already, around 50km on expressway. The estimation on screen is very zhun one, at most +/- 1%

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

:grin:

https://fortune.com/2022/05/19/tesla-stock-buyback-leo-koguan-elon-musk/

Billionaire Tesla bull urges Musk to announce historic $15bn stock buyback as carmaker’s share price sinks

With Tesla trading at lows not seen since August, the carmaker’s third-largest investor urged the company to prop up the market by announcing “immediately” plans for a historic stock buyback.

Singapore-based billionaire Leo KoGuan’s call for management to deploy cash lying around on its balance sheet is the clearest sign yet that the company’s owners are getting restless.

Never before has Tesla paid a cash dividend or bought back its shares, as it reinvested everything back into its business to finance further growth. 

Returning cash to investors is typically a move much more mature companies would consider if they found few entrepreneurial opportunities where the return warranted the risk.

As recently as December 2020, Tesla was even raising fresh equity from investors at around $633, meaning many of those investors that once saw their investment double by last November are barely above water now.

“We Tesla bulls need more support,” KoGuan tweeted, pointing to the company’s prodigious cash reserves.

"Tesla can invest in (Full Self-Driving), bot and factories while buying back its undervalued stocks. Shock and wake up few braindead analysts to their senses."

KoGuan suggested an amount of $5 billion this year and double that amount for 2023 — a total of $15bn, financed strictly by excess cash it cannot funnel back into growing the business that otherwise would earn pennies to the dollar in interest. 

That way shareholders could be rewarded without endangering the strength of its balance sheet.

Tesla can afford it, too. The company generated a free cash flow of $5 billion in 2021, more than half of which came in the fourth quarter alone.

In the first three months of this year, it dipped sequentially to $2.2 billion, but this still amounted to a sizeable year-on-year gain.

This left cash and cash equivalents, such as money market funds, at $18 billion as of the end of March — more than enough to fund short-term needs, according to KoGuan.   

Pennies to the dollar

Gary Black, another Tesla bull frustrated with the development in the price, chimed in to argue the Singaporean billionaire was “100% correct” in his estimation. 

“Stock buybacks of $5 billion in 2022 and $10 billion in 2023 are far superior to letting cash build on the balance sheet at 2-3% return on investment,” he posted.

Shares in Tesla traded flat at $710 each in early trading on Thursday, the lowest level since late August, amid a broader lack of appetite for growth stocks and CEO Elon Musk's risky acquisition plans for Twitter that currently overshadow sentiment.

KoGuan burst onto the Tesla scene last September when he stated he was the third largest shareholder, a claim later verified by Tesla’s head of investor relations, Martin Viecha.

According to a report in Bloomberg published the following month, bank records provided by KoGuan confirmed he owned 6.31 million shares as of late September along with options for a further 1.82 million at strike price well below present levels.

That makes him the third largest shareholder after Musk and Larry Ellison, founder of business software giant Oracle. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi, got a Model 3 with latest 2022.11.101.6 but Disney+ not available in Theater while some other seem to have it. Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, drknockers said:

Hi, got a Model 3 with latest 2022.11.101.6 but Disney+ not available in Theater while some other seem to have it. Am I missing something?

2022.11.101.6 isn't the latest. Disney+ comes with 2022.12.3.2

2 minutes ago, drknockers said:

@Jtis FYI just got Disney+ although I am still on 2022.11.101.6...

You mean Disney+ just appeared even though the software wasnt updated? That's interesting...

Neutral Newbie
38 minutes ago, Jtis said:

You mean Disney+ just appeared even though the software wasnt updated? That's interesting...

Yeah

Guys,

The Model Y is coming soon in September.

Have understood it uses the newer LFP battery pack for the RWD version, as well as other changes

Is there any thread that compares the running changes to each production batch?

Have also heard about the integrated seat frame, structural battery design and also a giga press frame to reduce weight and hence mileage and performance…

And wow… it is confusing to understand what you are getting with the car

13 minutes ago, Sturtles said:

Guys,

The Model Y is coming soon in September.

Have understood it uses the newer LFP battery pack for the RWD version, as well as other changes

Is there any thread that compares the running changes to each production batch?

Have also heard about the integrated seat frame, structural battery design and also a giga press frame to reduce weight and hence mileage and performance…

And wow… it is confusing to understand what you are getting with the car

For HK, RWD uses LFP while AWD uses NCM.

Rev Channel has quite an in-depth review on both RWD and AWD.

Once both videos are available, I will post here.

• Praise 1