OFFICIAL: Tesla Singapore Discussion

dudez7

Tesla cars hardly need to service unlike traditional petrol/diesel cars. No need to worry about those things

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Vid said:

Tesla cars hardly need to service unlike traditional petrol/diesel cars. No need to worry about those things

No need change brake pad for years

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Lithium ion suffers power loss in Temperate countries.  So need heat pump to keep battery warm.

With start/stop traffic, it helps to recharge the battery.

It also depends on respective manufacturer software.

For Porky Taycan, it only use 80% of battery capacity (even though it shows fully charged).

Its the same for the Model 3 to maintain battery longevity. 

In Daily charging mode, it only charges up to 80% max. 

In Trip charging mode, it charges up to 100% for the maximum range possible. 

• Praise 3

Just now, inlinesix said:

No need change brake pad for years

Regenerative braking by the car when release accelerator to save power back to battery ... seldom need to use brakes

• Praise 2

I'm excited that Tesla is coming into SG not because I want to purchase(no money😂), but because of how I hope they can disrupt the car industry, especially those AD selling those fat margins.

Looking at the price now, hopefully this will come true. 🤗

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

46 minutes ago, 216d said:

I wonder how did LTA calculate the road tax for Tesla when there's no engine?  Well, they have decided one year road tax is S$4,618 !!!  Maybe it's because can no longer collect petrol tax, that's why must somehow find other ways of crawling back money.  But I thought they want to phase out combustion engine and encourage us to buy electric cars ? 

I think you are mistaken.

They want to phase out peasants driving and encourage us to take public transport. 🤣

• Praise 4

3 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I think you are mistaken.

They want to phase out peasants driving and encourage us to take public transport. 🤣

LTA want to phase out COE hogger

😂

• Haha! 1

51 minutes ago, kelaihoyin said:

I'm excited that Tesla is coming into SG not because I want to purchase(no money😂), but because of how I hope they can disrupt the car industry, especially those AD selling those fat margins.

Looking at the price now, hopefully this will come true. 🤗

yes, want to see how those brand behave...just like apple wipe out button phone.

I had the opportunity to see the S, X and 3 couple of years back. Whilst the specs look impressive, the century sprint is too quiet an affair for me 😂. In addition, the exterior/interior takes a bit of getting used to.

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 7.17.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 7.18.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 7.19.17 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 7.23.39 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 7.24.13 PM.png

• Praise 6

Potential buyer, don't get too excited with the latest news. The price quoted in news articles and Teslas website do not seems quite right.

ghPeUfm.jpg

It does not mention about OMV, so if I were to use the estimated ARF as a guide, OMV would be around $58,310. Using that as a base, the exercise duty (20% imposed by Singapore Custom) and 7% GST (based on OMV + Exercise Duty), which came up to be ~$12,480.

So basic car cost $109,575. And that exclude other cost such as PDI, registration plate, IU, homologation, storage, handling, warranty, servicing, etc. Can't be that Tesla Singapore as a agent itself don't need to make profit right?! 

ntGMds5.png

• Praise 13

2 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

The big screens which control everything in the Tesla are only designed to work for 5-6 years. Just nice after your warranty expired after 4 years. And that's the case for the higher end Model S and X sold in the States. For the more basic Model 3, it is reasonable to expect the screens' lifespan won't be any better. 

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1131184_tesla-recalled-touchscreens-were-meant-to-only-last-5-6-years

For the Model 3, even opening the doors from the inside and accessing the glovebox have to be done from the touchscreen. When it fails or blacked out for no reason, you're pretty much screwed. 

The upside is that with the way Tesla had designed it's cars, the software and hardware are highly integrated to the level which no other carmaker had done so before. This opens up to the possibilities of doing great things with it's software (over the air software update for full autonomous driving thru 5G) and greatly reduce the complexities of compatibility with the hardware. It's like Apple iOS ecosystem, on wheels. 

Yeah basically that screen control the whole car even adjust ur car seat and steering wheel. 

its crazy if that screen decided to hang and u cant do anything with the car

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Potential buyer, don't get too excited with the latest news. The price quoted in news articles and Teslas website do not seems quite right.

ghPeUfm.jpg

It does not mention about OMV, so if I were to use the estimated ARF as a guide, OMV would be around $58,310. Using that as a base, the exercise duty (20% imposed by Singapore Custom) and 7% GST (based on OMV + Exercise Duty), which came up to be ~$12,480.

So basic car cost $109,575. And that exclude other cost such as PDI, registration plate, IU, homologation, storage, handling, warranty, servicing, etc. Can't be that Tesla Singapore as a agent itself don't need to make profit right?! 

ntGMds5.png

Which model is this? The cheapest Model 3 Std Plus sells for 38k USD in US or about 51k SGD. That already includes profits for Tesla factory. If Tesla in Sg can do without fancy showroom (and coffee of course), salesmen/women, fancy workshop (nothing to maintain), yes, possible to make Normal profit margins 10%, 15%. We are too used to abnormal margins of the ADs.

• Praise 4

3 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yeah basically that screen control the whole car even adjust ur car seat and steering wheel. 

its crazy if that screen decided to hang and u cant do anything with the car

The screen hang can still drive. Just need to stop somewhere to reset.

And no, you don't control opening and closing car doors or the car seats with the screen. Only side mirors and steering wheel need to use the screen.

• Praise 6

43 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I think they have to first incentivise potential customers to their cars first. Don't need to earn a profit via selling cars itself. Once they get to monopolise the EV market, the profit will trickle in through selling maintenance packages and Supercharger uses for example.

↡ Advertisement