OFFICIAL: Tesla Singapore Discussion

dudez7

25 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Based on real world situation, 100k MILES is the point for battery deterioration.

I am not concerned by batt but rather with electronic things. With so much sensors, automation and high tech i believe those things will fail more. Tesla gave 4 yrs warranty for that and afterward we don’t know

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

“Autopilot

Enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane.

Full Self-Driving Capability

Auto Lane Change: automatic lane changes while driving on the motorway.

Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.

Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a car park. Really.”

From the website, autopilot is included and full self-driving is an available option.

Hmmm, I didn’t know these features were approved by LTA. The car seems so high tech, wonder what’s the maintenance costs.....

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I am not concerned by batt but rather with electronic things. With so much sensors, automation and high tech i believe those things will fail more.

To be fair, modern cars regardless of brand are absolutely *filled* with tech these days.

(case in point - had to change a failed parking sensor on my 6 yr old car a couple of weeks ago; 2 yrs before that a steering wheel servo assist broke)

If charging facilities become available in my parking garage (I think this is a must), I would most definitely be interested in buying a Tesla...  - I tried a model S in Europe a few years ago & I wanted to buy one on the spot. Completely quiet, killer acceleration. Pretty much designed for SG city driving.

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 5

38 minutes ago, pengu said:

“Autopilot

Enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane.

Full Self-Driving Capability

Auto Lane Change: automatic lane changes while driving on the motorway.

Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.

Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a car park. Really.”

From the website, autopilot is included and full self-driving is an available option.

Hmmm, I didn’t know these features were approved by LTA. The car seems so high tech, wonder what’s the maintenance costs.....

How cool it will be when u open tesla with card, then drive with autonomous system and fitted with satellite based erp, so futuristic😅

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Based on real world situation, 100k MILES is the point for battery deterioration.

In our humidity, heat and start/stop traffic conditions, probably need to discount more from the battery lifespan. 

3 hours ago, Univ3r5e said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/tesla-singapore-sales-portal-goes-live

"Even taxi companies are considering Teslas. Out of the main four cab operators contacted, Trans-Cab and Premier said they would consider adding the American car to their fleet"

Something to consider eh 😎

if everywhere is Tesla taxi then still consider.....last time everywhere is sonata taxi, i think impact the sales of sonata in SG.....so will it happen to Tesla as well?

for sure if every is Tesla Taxi.....…..accidentally kena flag u down how?[laugh]

2 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

In our humidity, heat and start/stop traffic conditions, probably need to discount more from the battery lifespan. 

Lithium ion suffers power loss in Temperate countries.  So need heat pump to keep battery warm.

With start/stop traffic, it helps to recharge the battery.

It also depends on respective manufacturer software.

For Porky Taycan, it only use 80% of battery capacity (even though it shows fully charged).

Neutral Newbie

I think for tesla, Singapore weather works just fine given that the battery operate at 20-30degree celsius. Per charge mileage should be higher compared to winter condition. But one key point to take note will be flooding issue that occasionally happens in SG. Other than that, Tesla is very much suitable for our climate condition.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I am not concerned by batt but rather with electronic things. With so much sensors, automation and high tech i believe those things will fail more. Tesla gave 4 yrs warranty for that and afterward we don’t know

The big screens which control everything in the Tesla are only designed to work for 5-6 years. Just nice after your warranty expired after 4 years. And that's the case for the higher end Model S and X sold in the States. For the more basic Model 3, it is reasonable to expect the screens' lifespan won't be any better. 

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1131184_tesla-recalled-touchscreens-were-meant-to-only-last-5-6-years

For the Model 3, even opening the doors from the inside and accessing the glovebox have to be done from the touchscreen. When it fails or blacked out for no reason, you're pretty much screwed. 

The upside is that with the way Tesla had designed it's cars, the software and hardware are highly integrated to the level which no other carmaker had done so before. This opens up to the possibilities of doing great things with it's software (over the air software update for full autonomous driving thru 5G) and greatly reduce the complexities of compatibility with the hardware. It's like Apple iOS ecosystem, on wheels. 

Edited by Lethalstrike

Neutral Newbie

Nice, but so many questions left to be answered.

Where can test driving be done?

Which party/company will be responsible for warranty or repair issues? Also who to go to for servicing?

Can't really commit to this nice car without these answers...

2 minutes ago, Csyip said:

Nice, but so many questions left to be answered.

Where can test driving be done?

Which party/company will be responsible for warranty or repair issues? Also who to go to for servicing?

Can't really commit to this nice car without these answers...

Tesla Singapore 

10 minutes ago, Nastrox said:

I think for tesla, Singapore weather works just fine given that the battery operate at 20-30degree celsius. Per charge mileage should be higher compared to winter condition. But one key point to take note will be flooding issue that occasionally happens in SG. Other than that, Tesla is very much suitable for our climate condition.

It is almost a given that the battery has to operate above 30 Deg C here. Assuming ambient temperature of 32 deg, out in the traffic and on the roads, the operating temperatures are likely to be even higher. 

On the contrary, flooding maybe not much issue since there is no need for air induction and exhaust. As long as the electricals are water proofed enough, it should be ok. I once saw a YouTube video of a Tesla driven out of a flooded basement carpark, seems ok 😁

Just now, Lethalstrike said:

It is almost a given that the battery has to operate above 30 Deg C here. Assuming ambient temperature of 32 deg, out in the traffic and on the roads, the operating temperatures are likely to be even higher. 

On the contrary, flooding maybe not much issue since there is no need for air induction and exhaust. As long as the electricals are water proofed enough, it should be ok. I once saw a YouTube video of a Tesla driven out of a flooded basement carpark, seems ok 😁

All EV has cooling/heating system for battery 

Neutral Newbie
1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Tesla Singapore 

Yeah but until there is a showroom i can walk into and a workshop i can see with my eyes, you basically have to treat it like a PI car purchase.

Who knows is warranty voided if repair is done by non-authorised workshop?

Neutral Newbie

I wonder how did LTA calculate the road tax for Tesla when there's no engine?  Well, they have decided one year road tax is S$4,618 !!!  Maybe it's because can no longer collect petrol tax, that's why must somehow find other ways of crawling back money.  But I thought they want to phase out combustion engine and encourage us to buy electric cars ? 

People that buy the performance model dont really care about break even, they will pay 1/2 million for a M5 or S63 and still will not win the straight line 0-100  vs their  model 3....wait till we get model S 

25 minutes ago, 216d said:

I wonder how did LTA calculate the road tax for Tesla when there's no engine?  Well, they have decided one year road tax is S$4,618 !!!  Maybe it's because can no longer collect petrol tax, that's why must somehow find other ways of crawling back money.  But I thought they want to phase out combustion engine and encourage us to buy electric cars ? 

Based on power output 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1