5 dead in Tanjong Pagar speeding accident

Karoon

Five die after car slams into Tanjong Pagar shophouse on Saturday morning

SINGAPORE - Five people died and one was sent to Singapore General Hopital after a car slammed into the front of a shophouse on Saturday (Feb 13) morning.

In a statement to The Straits Times, the SCDF said it was alerted to a fire at 37 Tanjong Pagar Rd at about 5.40am.

"The fire involved a car and the front of a shophouse. SCDF extinguished the fire with three water jets and one compressed air foam backpack.

Five people were pronounced dead at the scene and one sent to SGH with burn injuries.

ST understands that the five who died were in the car when the accident happened.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

bad start for their families

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/five-die-after-car-slams-into-tanjong-pagar-shophouse-on-saturday-morning

Longer video.

I could barely remember a car accident in sg claiming so many lives at once. Think last i read was in the 90s? 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Karoon said:

I could barely remember a car accident in sg claiming so many lives at once. Think last i read was in the 90s? 

Yah man, no one tried to escape? Or all drunk and knocked out?

Scary.

My bro always tell me nothing good happened after 3am in the morning.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

It looks like a coupe.. if it was drunk driving and the car hits the shop at high speed then the front two might be dead or unconscious...then the rear passengers died a rather horrific death being unable to open the doors and get out... nasty 

RIP

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 3

19 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/five-die-after-car-slams-into-tanjong-pagar-shophouse-on-saturday-morning

Longer video.

Looks like a pub from google maps.

Probably it was speeding and collided into the pub, which broke the alcohol bottles and ignited the alcohol.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

28 minutes ago, therock said:

It looks like a coupe.. if it was drunk driving and the car hits the shop at high speed then the front two might be dead or unconscious...then the rear passengers died a rather horrific death being unable to open the doors and get out... nasty 

RIP

Yeah probably racing or speeding. I don't like to be in the rear seats of a coupe. Or cars with electronic door release (a bad recent trend) for this reason. 

4 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Yeah probably racing or speeding. I don't like to be in the rear seats of a coupe. Or cars with electronic door release (a bad recent trend) for this reason. 

You should stay at home la.

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Especially when conti door locks always spoil. 😂
I just google “bmw door lock” and the 1st 3 search returns, door lock failure, door lock problem,  bmw door lock faulty. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Especially when conti door locks always spoil. 😂
I just google “bmw door lock” and the 1st 3 search returns, door lock failure, door lock problem,  bmw door lock faulty. 

My friend crashed his BMW E46 head-on more than 15 years ago.

The car unlocked 4 doors, switch on the hazard light and turn off the engine.

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

My friend crashed his BMW E46 head-on more than 15 years ago.

The car unlocked 4 doors, switch on the hazard light and turn off the engine.

His was a defective unit. 🤣

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

52 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Probably it was speeding and collided into the pub, which broke the alcohol bottles and ignited the alcohol.

Any chance a bridal shop? There are quite a few around this stretch of road.

• Shocked 1