5 dead in Tanjong Pagar speeding accident

Karoon

9 minutes ago, therock said:

So much waste on all fronts..

Waste of a nice car

Waste of young lives

And it won't be the last time some young and reckless chap does something reckless..  I hope their organs can be put to good use

Because every young and reckless chap think they are the best drivers and nothing will happen to them.

Adolescent recklessness.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

15 minutes ago, RadX said:

Hearsay she went home too

OMG

But 80% burnt...should be a relief for further suffering. 

Probably was the girl in the video?

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, RadX said:

Hearsay she went home too

The last time such tragic accident was at 6th avenue

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

OMG

But 80% burnt...should be a relief for further suffering. 

Probably was the girl in the video?

She’s the fiancée who tried to drag him out

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

image.png.cdd5091451451d851cf9844a2e49c912.png

The bumper area is relatively intact but the passenger section is burnt badly.  I can only guess that the fuel tank exploded upon impact and caught fire.  I don't think there is any time to escape as burning fuel is all over the place there. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Staff69 said:

Play stupid games win stupid prize

It was probably doing around 110-130 km/h but the driver applied brake towards the bend, which could have caused the car to slow down to around 90-100 km/h but skidded.  My guess is a side impact around the B pillar but the main killer was likely the fire from the ruptured fuel tank.  From the videos, the burning was very fierce.

30 minutes ago, awhtc said:

It was probably doing around 110-130 km/h but the driver applied brake towards the bend,

This section of Tj Pagar road is actually a particularly dangerous place to speed - the road is kinda narrow & the bend really obstructs your view, leaving almost no time to react at all. Imagine if he'd hit someone walking on the sidewalk...

Like all of us, young people are just getting COVID weary - I went bicycling on East Coast Park last night & the place was absolutely swamped - at 2am!

I remember during the 2nd week of the circuit breaker, I was bicycling down South Buena Vista Road - suddenly 3 cars came speeding up along the turns & one of the drivers in a Civic (of course! 😀) lost control in the sharp turn ahead of me & went half way into my lane w/screeching tires. Yikes.

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 5

25 minutes ago, RadX said:

Old car new plate

Same with the ecp bmw that half wrapped a tree. Also old car new plate. If I’m not wrong. 
dont really care about such accidents, As long as it is the life of those involved and not innocent bystanders. 
seems like it’s always bmw that gives us spectacular crashes. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2