5 dead in Tanjong Pagar speeding accident

Karoon

29 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

Right or wrong does not matter now. 

Respect the dead and pray for the injured a fast recovery. 

That stretch alot small alley. Lucky no car or motorcycle come out

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, RadX said:

I know her actually…

wilL update if I hear news 

past report of her going home not true.. but in v critical condition 

At 80% burn, i wish her the best. Maybe the best for her to relieve the pain rather than spending her rest of life with 80% burn, pain, infection, disability etc

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

‘She did what she did for love’: Woman in ICU tried to save boyfriend in Tanjong Pagar crash
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/tanjong-pagar-crash-injured-woman-had-applied-for-flat-with-car-driver

I think it was an instant reaction, she got no time to think for her safety. She just wanted to save her bf

• Praise 7

3 hours ago, Vid said:

Almost all near 30 yr old liao. Not young kids... All 5 cannot think properly. Can only pity the parents 白头人送黑头人

Yah want speed at least wait at clear straight line. Who speed at small road with two way traffic and many alleys

• Praise 1

Was at a f&b outlet,  accidentally overheard some foreigners talking n make hush-hush jokes about this accident. Not a great feeling but as the saying ,c'est la vie

Try to make Singapore proud, don't do stupid things. There's only 3million plus of us , do think before one's action

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 2

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

‘She did what she did for love’: Woman in ICU tried to save boyfriend in Tanjong Pagar crash
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/tanjong-pagar-crash-injured-woman-had-applied-for-flat-with-car-driver

This amused me. Say until like she is a tragic heroine. She was squatting on the road (also not a wise thing to do) and recording the act. At best I can say she was dead drunk and wasn't thinking straight. 

• Praise 6

young people are like that. give them a loaded gun and they will it show off and play with it.

when it goes off accidentally, someone will be killed.

we were young once, and we survive youth's recklessness and bravado.

• Praise 5

20 hours ago, Kopites said:

Mean to say 5 died and 1 injured with serious burn so in total there are 6 in that coupe? Hmmm

Really disheartening to read those youtube comments. People died and injured yet those comments all slamming the driver/alcohol/speeding..as it they are applauding the horrific sight. 😟

Regardless of the pending police investigation some family have lost their loved one. So let show some empathy.

Rip.

5 in car, the one who got burnt is GF of driver trying to save her BF. The driver was ferrying his friends on a high speed joyride along tanjong pagar road in the wee hours of LNY. Their other friends, were watching and videoing as the BMW sped past them....

Edited by tanwm
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, Ganwb79 said:

This amused me. Say until like she is a tragic heroine. She was squatting on the road (also not a wise thing to do) and recording the act. At best I can say she was dead drunk and wasn't thinking straight. 

You mean her squatting along the road side videoing the zoom past spurred on the speed.

7 hours ago, 13177 said:

People who is now 29 year old is different from last time 29 year old lo. Think many people nowadays who is early 30s already earning $4-5k plus. Last time when you were late 20s, maybe salary only $3k plus?! Lol.

The M4 (?) market price seems to be well over $200k even if it is a 2nd hand car and it is a high maintenance car.  With a hp of 425 (?), I can imagine the power the driver feels under control of the foot.  I could barely afford a low maintenance 1st generation Vios with only 110 hp then 😅

• Praise 3

10 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I believe you are right. Methanol is less flammable than petrol. I stand corrected. 

My take is if there is indeed methanol inside the boot, then the bottle will break first compared to the impact resistant petrol tank.  Hence, the spilled will auto-ignite or flash  upon contact with the hot brake system or collision spark.  The secondary fire could then come from the petrol after the tank melted.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

I always find that if the driver wants speed, he take himself on the journey and not taking passengers to have a feel of speed. 

People as always, always feel like they can handle but when law of physics occur, it totally caught them either by letting them learn the hard way or there is no way to talk their experience at all. 

I have met people who likes to "show off" the power of their whatever ride but I wasn't at all impressed. I just felt that the driver who has such mindset is just an irresponsible and naive person that's all. Even if passengers wanted to have a feel, the driver should be aware enough to know the "what if".

• Praise 4

7 hours ago, Mahjong74 said:

I am quite sure later newspaper will report that all 5 of them, driver + passengers

are all very filial, kind, helpful, caring, successful and did lots of charity work. 

1. Really pity the people staying around that area to be woke up at 5+am on CNY with all the loud noise. 

2. SCDF, Police, Ambulance services were activated on CNY at 5+ in the morning. Really Kudos for their hard work. 

3. Not sure if the shop owner can claim insurance or not. Difficult to get renovation contractor during this CNY holidays too. 

4. From the video, saw friends of the decease at the scene looks agitated and crying. But not wearing masks properly. Gentle reminder to wear mask at all time

5. Not many people will visit the funeral during CNY period. Not a good timing for speeding and the accident. Recommend to choose a better date to do this next time.

ya, pay to say good stuff.. especially if the family is rich. 

if poor nothing good will be presented.

• Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, awhtc said:

My take is if there is indeed methanol inside the boot, then the bottle will break first compared to the impact resistant petrol tank.  Hence, the spilled will auto-ignite or flash  upon contact with the hot brake system or collision spark.  The secondary fire could then come from the petrol after the tank melted.

That's a good point. It's the strength of the container that's the weak link here. 

8 hours ago, 13177 said:

People who is now 29 year old is different from last time 29 year old lo. Think many people nowadays who is early 30s already earning $4-5k plus. Last time when you were late 20s, maybe salary only $3k plus?! Lol.

My time fresh grad only $2.2K.

I'm not trying to sound mean but insurance agents don't give me a good impression. The ones that I had (more than 1 already) are only interested in making their million dollar round table (MDRT), doesn't even care if I got hospitalized or not (they'll receive an alert).

No need to guess where all their wealth comes from.

• Praise 6

7 hours ago, Staff69 said:

Was at a f&b outlet,  accidentally overheard some foreigners talking n make hush-hush jokes about this accident. Not a great feeling but as the saying ,c'est la vie

Try to make Singapore proud, don't do stupid things. There's only 3million plus of us , do think before one's action

What to do? The government expects foreigners to be loyal? What a joke. This is likely the same for every country but ivory brains think differently.

Keep the talents (not the jokers), train our own core but it's more than 20 years late for some people.

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Contipro said:

ya, pay to say good stuff.. especially if the family is rich. 

if poor nothing good will be presented.

Heart must be really hard not to feel for them and their families.

It does not matter their background. The crime does not tally with the severe outcome.

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Showster said:

Heart must be really hard not to feel for them and their families.

It does not matter their background. The crime does not tally with the severe outcome.

Bro, how to feel for them? 

Treating tanjong pagar as a racing circuit leh. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8