5 dead in Tanjong Pagar speeding accident

Karoon

11 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Actually the speed before crashing isn't as high as the initial video. 

Wonder lost control because tried handbrake turn?? 

Ok lost control after exiting the right bend 

Or the unthinkable.. switch off all traction off / bypass

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2

51 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I don’t know if it’s brave or foolish, it’s only 一线之差. With that kind of fire, running into it accomplish nothing.

And with 80% of her body burnt, she will be disfigured and the aftercare (apply cream, wear compression suit, skin grafting, etc) is tremendous. Oh and I haven’t mention about the few hundred thousand dollars hospital bill.

whether it's you yong wu mou, debatable. 
It's like saying zhang fei is not a great general but a warrior without peer. Can't say he's not brave mah.

But if it's our family member inside, are we willing to do anything at all costs to try get them out? I'm not sure man especially with the fire so fierce already. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 9

6 minutes ago, Flying_genie said:

The car which appeared at 0:24 on the left side of the video had 2 people running out. One of them is possibly Ms Raybe Oh. 
This 2nd car was following close behind the M4, probably driving at high speeds too. Fortunate (or should it be, unfortunately?) that it did not crash too. They may have been racing each other. 
So, I really can't understand all the comments which said that they are responsible people, good sons, good members of society.

Ms Raybe Oh did not run out of the car

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Flying_genie said:

The car which appeared at 0:24 on the left side of the video had 2 people running out. One of them is possibly Ms Raybe Oh. 
This 2nd car was following close behind the M4, probably driving at high speeds too. Fortunate (or should it be, unfortunately?) that it did not crash too. They may have been racing each other. 
So, I really can't understand all the comments which said that they are responsible people, good sons, good members of society.

looked like the girl did not come from the second car, but from further down the road ..

also looked like the same top as the one squatting on the road earlier ..

no offence to anyone, i say look like is because my flower eyes can deceive myself one ..

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

whether it's you yong wu mou, debatable. 
It's like saying zhang fei is not a great general but a warrior without peer. Can't say he's not brave mah.

But if it's our family member inside, are we willing to do anything at all costs to try get them out? I'm not sure man especially with the fire so fierce already. 

If it were me in the car, I wouldn’t want my other half to do that or maybe she also doesn’t want lor. Get my CPF money better, can have better life. 😁

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Vidz said:

saw the video just before the crash, did driver purposely induced a drift??

No, I dont think so. If he tried to pull handbrake to induce a drift the tires marks would have shown on the road.

I think the left drive axle was broken by the enormous torque from the sudden acceleration. The right side of the drive axle continued to spin that's why the car turned 180degrees. By the time the driver realised and applied the brakes (the tire marks on the road means he braked hard) the momentum or force have thrown them towards the pillar or shop unit.

• Praise 1

Why didn't help to put out the fire on the female? Why are their friends wondering around?

Easy to criticize those involved but we are not in their shoes at that moment. Knowing and watching five human beings (close friends) being burnt alive your mind won't be at a composed state. With the added realization that they are in deep 💩 and the authorities will be on them.

I'm sure most of us when we're "young" we all did something foolish (yes they did something illegal) 

Paid with their lives and survivors scarred for life.  

• Praise 4

If the screenshot of the whatsapp messages is true, then it is fated lah. JL basically didn't learn his lesson at all.

He might be lucky once, twice, but not everytime. As for the gf, she was the one squatting at roadside filming and cheering instead of trying to stop them.

She ran into the fire, she is the last person witnessing what happened inside the cabin.

• Praise 2

47 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Well if they got interview by the newspapers and were being asked how the person is when he is alive what do you expect the person to say?

Some may reject the interview got too distraught, some may accept. They just answered what's being asked. 

Even some of us would like to know the identity of them and their background.

I'm not saying what they say is truth or not and whether saying this paint them as heroes and heroine, but at the same time why should I doubt them at this time and think that they are bragging? All these are not important at all. 

I agree that everyone can say what they like and are entitled to their own opinion, but just hoping we can a a bit kinder. 

When people say they deserve it, I don't disagree though I won't want to say it out loud as I think the less such comments online the better it is, but these type of comments I can accept and feel it's normal and not that nasty. But when I saw comments joking describing and speculating how they died and how cremation may have discount, these are totally uncalled for. Or people doubting their background and character and attacking their friends and families for saying good things about the deceased. 

Personally I think the girl is really brave and love her BF a lot by running straight into the fire. Previously some speculate that maybe when she tried to save them there was no fire and the halfway through then explode, this proved that she was well aware of the fire and run straight in without thinking. Whether if she's equally responsible for the accident is a different matter.

I think the media has a part in this to play both sides of the coin to gain viewership. 

On one hand, paint them all as angels (rush to save boyfriend tragic love story, all did charity to help needy old folks) despite them being showy. 

On the other hand, released a full HD video saying it's an ST exclusive when in fact it's taken straight from the surveillance camera company's Facebook page which released the original footage. 

This shows the media don't have an objective stand with factual reporting, and they just interviewed anyone who is willing to talk. Can we blame the general public for forming such a difference in opinions on them, when the media is also indulging to fan the aftermath?

• Praise 2

I think enough comments on the foolishness and recklessness of the 5 dead guys. Whether they were good or bad when they were alive is no longer important. But we should focus on what the authorities will do to reign in reckless/ignorant drivers in (modified or unmodified cars). They have been really too lax both in enforcement as well as actual punishments.

• Praise 7

4 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I think enough comments on the foolishness and recklessness of the 5 dead guys. Whether they were good or bad when they were alive is no longer important. But we should focus on what the authorities will do to reign in reckless/ignorant drivers in (modified or unmodified cars). They have been really too lax both in enforcement as well as actual punishments.

I have 1 ez solution

Remove all speed cam at LCK

• Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

If it were me in the car, I wouldn’t want my other half to do that or maybe she also doesn’t want lor. Get my CPF money better, can have better life. 😁

Yes. I would also say the same.

But if it's your kid in the car and you are the one outside? I think most parents would just rush in also. 

• Praise 10

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

When rear tyre of RWD car break traction, hold the steering straight and pray hard.

Any correction attempt will worsen the situation.

The M4 did a classic tank slapper, fish failing or what was simply known as a snap oversteer.

Corrective steering inputs need to ahead of the sudden weight transfer which in this case moves from left before snapping to the right at the rear.  

How I know? Every time I do this I can save my car in Gran Turismo game. But if off VSC is a confirmed spin no matter what I do. Don't even need to try it out on an actual track day 😁

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

i watched the video ... i still think she ran to the car beyond the flames initially ...  then a bigger flame caught her...   me still thinks its nt possible to run into a flame knowingly... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1