5 dead in Tanjong Pagar speeding accident

Karoon

5 minutes ago, SuPerBoRed said:

i watched the video ... i still think she ran to the car beyond the flames initially ...  then a bigger flame caught her...   me still thinks its nt possible to run into a flame knowingly... 

I don't think she ran through the flames when she 1st went to rescue, cos it's just the heat causing the CCTV sensor to distort the image.
But even then the car was already definitely on fire so debunking the scenario where she went in with minimal/no fire.

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

The M4 did a classic tank slapper, fish failing or what was simply known as a snap oversteer.

Corrective steering inputs need to ahead of the sudden weight transfer which in this case moves from left before snapping to the right at the rear.  

How I know? Every time I do this I can save my car in Gran Turismo game. But if off VSC is a confirmed spin no matter what I do. Don't even need to try it out on an actual track day 😁

Sorry but a tankslapper is something else entirely as it refers to a motorbike oscillating rapidly. Your inner thighs get hit by your fuel tank which you’re crouched over hence the name.

With regard to Gran Turismo’s relationship to real life, I will assume it’s satire. 

49 minutes ago, Mustank said:

The cctv quality really exceptional 

Clear until like daylight even though is at night

dont know simi brand eh

I remember that stretch of road, the street lights not so bright as what we see on this cctv. By looking at this cctv, i thought it happened during the day.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
12 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

can't agree more. If punishment is harsh, these driver need to think hard before driving recklessly. Who suffers at end of the day? 

I think we can only deter driver who drives recklessly. we cannot completely stop this.

I have frens who think that they are above the law. As long as they don't get caught, they are the king of the world.

We living in a meritocracy society. Everyone also wanna flaunt what they have. 

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Flying_genie said:

The car which appeared at 0:24 on the left side of the video had 2 people running out. One of them is possibly Ms Raybe Oh. 
This 2nd car was following close behind the M4, probably driving at high speeds too. Fortunate (or should it be, unfortunately?) that it did not crash too. They may have been racing each other. 
So, I really can't understand all the comments which said that they are responsible people, good sons, good members of society.

I apologise if interpreted the video wrongly

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Sorry but a tankslapper is something else entirely as it refers to a motorbike oscillating rapidly. Your inner thighs get hit by your fuel tank which you’re crouched over hence the name.

With regard to Gran Turismo’s relationship to real life, I will assume it’s satire. 

Yes, its originally a motorcycling term but it's also commonly used among the trackies to describe the oscillating weight transfer of a car. 

As for the Gran Turismo reference, what I've said was satire. But can't deny the fact that the physics of vehicle dynamics in such a situation will also apply in real life. 

33 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I think enough comments on the foolishness and recklessness of the 5 dead guys. Whether they were good or bad when they were alive is no longer important. But we should focus on what the authorities will do to reign in reckless/ignorant drivers in (modified or unmodified cars). They have been really too lax both in enforcement as well as actual punishments.

i'd like to think LTA is stepping up... yesterday saw a LTA marshal on his bike going round my MSCP

maybe looking for mod cars

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

esp if there are alcohol content in blood.

yeah, will be interesting what the forensics turn up.

since they were doing charity work before the incident ... [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, Scion said:

i'd like to think LTA is stepping up... yesterday saw a LTA marshal on his bike going round my MSCP

maybe looking for mod cars

maybe somebody complain about boom boom exhaust

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 minute ago, Lethalstrike said:

Yes, its originally a motorcycling term but it's also commonly used among the trackies to describe the oscillating weight transfer of a car. 

As for the Gran Turismo reference, what I've said was satire. But can't deny the fact that the physics of vehicle dynamics in such a situation will also apply in real life. 

That's the first time I heard it being used for a car though. 

Looking at the video footage I would say it was simply a case of a Scandinavian flick (I don't know if it was intentional) that the driver couldn't recover from. 

But that's just my opinion.

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I think enough comments on the foolishness and recklessness of the 5 dead guys. Whether they were good or bad when they were alive is no longer important. But we should focus on what the authorities will do to reign in reckless/ignorant drivers in (modified or unmodified cars). They have been really too lax both in enforcement as well as actual punishments.

Yalor .....

Vehicles modified heavily like large exhaust pipes, normal saloon car modify untill like sports car (body kits) they don't catch. Also include those fancy blue lights under the carriage and sides.   

I added some safety features like DRL (as my car manufacturing year, it doesn't come with it) and on my rear reflective (lighted on only when applying brakes), VIACOM failed my inspection for both reason been, its doesn't come with it. [:(] Have to removed both safety features. [smallcry]

Not like the ones that shine brightly to distact others but simple extra precautionary measures to alert others.  

LTA should encourage older vehicles to add safety features like DRL so that it can be seen clearly by other road users.   

Nowadays, all new cars comes with DRL as a standard safety features.  

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Yalor .....

Vehicles modified heavily like large exhaust pipes, normal saloon car modify untill like sports car (body kits) they don't catch. Also include those fancy blue lights under the carriage and sides.   

I added some safety features like DRL (as my car manufacturing year, it doesn't come with it) and on my rear reflective (lighted on only when applying brakes), VIACOM failed my inspection for both reason been, its doesn't come with it. [:(] Have to removed both safety features. [smallcry]

Not like the ones that shine brightly to distact others but simple extra precautionary measures to alert others.  

LTA should encourage older vehicles to add safety features like DRL so that it can be seen clearly by other road users.   

Nowadays, all new cars comes with DRL as a standard safety features.  

DRL is useful if you drive in Bolehland Back road.

Over here, it is too glaring

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

That's the first time I heard it being used for a car though. 

Looking at the video footage I would say it was simply a case of a Scandinavian flick (I don't know if it was intentional) that the driver couldn't recover from. 

But that's just my opinion.

It's just a term people used loosely to describe the oscillating weight transfer of a car or bike, despite the origin. 

image.thumb.png.eab83f1665cdf466c1cd938a6b798cc4.png

6 minutes ago, Blueray said:

yeah, will be interesting what the forensics turn up.

since they were doing charity work before the incident ... [lipsrsealed]

lol its true.

this cny busy didnt read much comment in mcf.

but main stream media which i read is really focusing on the charity work instead of the reckless driving

its lucky they didnt crash into another car and kill others

• Praise 1