5 dead in Tanjong Pagar speeding accident

Karoon

18 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think the insurance company will pay for this incident because it have been a headline for so long, if they pull stun and don't pay, I think will have bad publicity.

But then again, if they pay. They will be encouraging other daredevils to perform such acts. So is a tough one here.

thanks for saying nothing? 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

52 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Assuming no alcohol was found to be involved, can the sheer act of completely reckless driving also be used by insurer to decline the claim?

Yes, because car insurance policy also had clause on illegal activities. 

If police can prove that its illegal racing activity, they dont have to pay a cent.  Anything that they willing to pay is just out of goodwill. 

• Praise 5

28 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think the insurance company will pay for this incident because it have been a headline for so long, if they pull stun and don't pay, I think will have bad publicity.

But then again, if they pay. They will be encouraging other daredevils to perform such acts. So is a tough one here.

This will be a high value claim amount.

Not counting the driver's life, there are 4 other lives, 1 other life with burns, and property damage. 

How much will be it? U can imagine the huge amount 

Any insurance company will be counting this amount in their books now, and deciding on their own limits to pay. 

If they can siam, they will do it.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

49 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

If they pay, they are setting a precedent for future cases so rest assured they will argue their way.

Many insurance have these T&C:

1. Driving and Use
We will not cover any loss, damage, injury or liability should the Vehicle be used or driven:
(a) outside the Geographical Area;
(b) for purposes which are beyond the ‘Limitations As To Use’ described in the policy schedule;
(c) by persons outside the “Person or Classes of Persons Entitled to Drive” described in the Policy Schedule;
(d) by any person who is not Your Authorised Driver(s);
(e) by any person not permitted to drive under licensing or other laws or regulations;
(f) by any person attempting to hurt themselves or others or commit suicide;
(g) any person under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication;
(h) when it is not registered under the Road Traffic Act (Cap. 276) or when its registration under the Road Traffic Act (Cap. 276)
has been cancelled;
(i) with modification(s) that has not been declared to and accepted by Us;
(j) for hire or reward;
(k) for driving tuition/test, racing, pace making, reliability trial, speed testing or test driving;
(l) for the carriage of goods other than samples in connection with any trade or business; and
(m) for any purpose in connection with Motor Trade.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 9

5 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

If they pay, they are setting a precedent for future cases so rest assured they will argue their way.

reckless or not is 1 issue.

the car is illegal mod. or not still another major concern

• Praise 1

Some ppl itt seem to have never tried claiming insurance before... sibei mafan if got any kind of escape for insurance co.

Guaranteed they will try to siam payout

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

On the contrary, I support  the insurer not paying to anything other than for the shophouse damages.  So all those reckless drivers can take note they will be left to their/their families' own devices and would think hard before stomping on the accelerator! 

And don't make our premiums go up becos of reckless idiots like the 5 deceased.

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3

2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Political correct answer. hahaha. Very useful one leh. hahaha.

U are correct  in a sense they mostly will get a payout. But not in full.

Maybe a small portion of the total amount 

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
27 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

This will be a high value claim amount.

Not counting the driver's life, there are 4 other lives, 1 other life with burns, and property damage. 

How much will be it? U can imagine the huge amount 

Any insurance company will be counting this amount in their books now, and deciding on their own limits to pay. 

If they can siam, they will do it.

shag thou. Somemore they are insurance agent also.

Just now, kobayashiGT said:

shag thou. Somemore they are insurance agent also.

Plus their friends prolly all in same industry also thats why all the cock and bullstory come out about sober lah drive them find taxi lah blahblah

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Plus their friends prolly all in same industry also thats why all the cock and bullstory come out about sober lah drive them find taxi lah blahblah

Yes, the dumb friend who said about giving them a ride to get a taxi and grab is telling a cock and bull story. Probably in the industry too. 

Want to get payout from them hard but when they asked you for payment, they will make it very easy for you. 

• Praise 3

25 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Fella went 3 rounds looking for taxi hor.....maybe taxi drivers drove more than 200km/hr and they need to chase the taxi as its the timing when most taxi driver would love to siam.....😨😨😨

• Haha! 9

12 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Yes, the dumb friend who said about giving them a ride to get a taxi and grab is telling a cock and bull story. Probably in the industry too. 

Want to get payout from them hard but when they asked you for payment, they will make it very easy for you. 

Tell me about it. I bought a life plan with my cpf SA....$10000 worth in the 90s. Was promised $43000 when i reached age of 63. Three yrs back  i called, the value was $24000 plus. Last month i called, it was $31000. This month I decided to surrender as it was $20000+ profit.......knn....the lady said the value was only $21000 and i still had profitted. That amount was about the same if i had never purchased their plan. My advice for anyone......when you want to surrender, do it personally.....not over the phone.

• Shocked 3

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Many insurance have these T&C:

1. Driving and Use
We will not cover any loss, damage, injury or liability should the Vehicle be used or driven:
(a) outside the Geographical Area;
(b) for purposes which are beyond the ‘Limitations As To Use’ described in the policy schedule;
(c) by persons outside the “Person or Classes of Persons Entitled to Drive” described in the Policy Schedule;
(d) by any person who is not Your Authorised Driver(s);
(e) by any person not permitted to drive under licensing or other laws or regulations;
(f) by any person attempting to hurt themselves or others or commit suicide;
(g) any person under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication;
(h) when it is not registered under the Road Traffic Act (Cap. 276) or when its registration under the Road Traffic Act (Cap. 276)
has been cancelled;
(i) with modification(s) that has not been declared to and accepted by Us;
(j) for hire or reward;
(k) for driving tuition/test, racing, pace making, reliability trial, speed testing or test driving;
(l) for the carriage of goods other than samples in connection with any trade or business; and
(m) for any purpose in connection with Motor Trade.

I think it's all insurance, so far have not seen any without. 😁

• Haha! 1

23 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Yup they know the plain facts will disqualify the payout so must tell grandfather story

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Lethalstrike said:

That will also depends on how the insurance companies want to play around this, considering this was a high profile case. Back in 2012, the Ferrari 599 GTO case at Victoria Street, I think the insurance did compensated to the taxi driver and his female passenger. As for Ma Chi and his unfortunate female companion of the night, I'm not too sure if they are covered.   

For this case, if the police has eye witnesses coming forward to say that they are already doing rounds before the accident, which I believe the police already had, I guess the insurance company have more valid grounds to argue their case around their definition of "accident". Clearly, this was intended reckless driving no matter how one argues. 

It all boils down to police report.

In the case of Ma Chi, AXA paid all 3rd party bodily injury or death.

Subsequently, AXA sued Ma Chi estate to recover payment to 3rd party. 

This part was settled of out of court.

http://www.alcoinsurance.com.sg/claim-service-case-ferrari/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4