5 dead in Tanjong Pagar speeding accident

Karoon

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

My son pri 1 weight 18.5kg at 1.2m (he claimed). I can't imagine this young gal weight 24kg!😟 So frail her body.

Pardon my vulgarity..damn !

My Golden Retriever was 22kgs and I used to carry him down the staircase when he was injured on his back... and he is just a fur ball , body inside is nothing much 

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Actually, if we're honest, many people are, to some extent, complicit in this. They feel something is wrong but dowan to kay poh. Very asian trait. Like permanent bystander effect. I hate that. Neighbours, doctor, agent, house visitors.... no one said a word.

Thats the way it is now and going to be getting even worser....... old kampung days all the doors are open 1 and in the evening all the neighbours come down to TCSS along the roads...  and kids swarming all over the place.... remember just a couple of months back a dead womans body in flat in Marine Parade condo for dunno how long also there .... even the neighbours dunno 

Edited by BanCoe

1 hour ago, Karoon said:

Actually, if we're honest, many people are, to some extent, complicit in this. They feel something is wrong but dowan to kay poh. Very asian trait. Like permanent bystander effect. I hate that. Neighbours, doctor, agent, house visitors.... no one said a word.

Ya I think you are right bro. From what I read she was abused and tortured. Definitely she would have scream in pain? And the neighbors don't care?

Because the owner of the flat is a policeman?

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Thats the way it is now and going to be getting even worser....... old kampung days all the doors are open 1 and in the evening all the neighbours come down to TCSS along the roads...  and kids swarming all over the place.... remember just a couple of months back a dead womans body in flat in Marine Parade condo for dunno how long also there .... even the neighbours dunno 

2.5 years...unbelievable indeed.

• Shocked 1

If she really need help can always start a crowdfunding... nowadays ppl will donate to even an animal that needs to see doctor less mentioned a human that need to go for ops, furthermore many ppl believe in "did it for love" 

Edited by Xers007
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 2/26/2021 at 1:42 PM, Karoon said:

Erm.. there is still hope.. look at recent the tree fall on women at masling. Total about 11 people tried to push up the tree to want to free the women but still can't. At least they did tried their best..

Then is another case where the lamppost is falling but was held stationery by many people (forget how many) and they held for 1 hour plus before authorities come took over. 

There are also cases where people collapse, people quickly come to do CPR, car one fire, people quickly come and help put off fire by the extinguisher they had on their car and many more.

Edited by Yewheng

LTA issued about 610 notices of offences a month to owners of illegally modified vehicles: Amy Khor

Dr Khor, who is also Senior Minister of State for Sustainability and the Environment, was responding to a parliamentary question by Member of Parliament Lim Biow Chuan (PAP-Mountbatten) on the number of drivers booked for illegally modifying their cars, and if any action has been taken against car workshops that have carried out the illegal modifications.

She said that LTA will investigate and take action against workshops if they are found to have done illegal modifications.

"There are also comments that the car in the Tanjong Pagar accident was illegally modified and hence became combustible."

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/lta-illegally-modified-vehicles-offence-tanjong-pager-crash-14305690

44 minutes ago, Blueray said:

LTA issued about 610 notices of offences a month to owners of illegally modified vehicles: Amy Khor

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/lta-illegally-modified-vehicles-offence-tanjong-pager-crash-14305690

Minister of State for Home Affairs Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim said that the number of complaints of speeding on Tanjong Pagar Road was not high.

"TP conducts frequent patrols and roadblocks in the vicinity to deter and detect drink driving and speeding," he said.

Your complaint doesn't count until it becomes a GOVERNMENT STATISTIC.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

4 cases of illegal speed trials from 2018 to 2020; 31 arrested: MHA

SINGAPORE: Thirty-one people were arrested in four cases of illegal speed trials from 2018 to 2020, Minister of State for Home Affairs Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim told Parliament on Thursday (Mar 4).

These cases are pending investigations or court proceedings, he said.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/illegal-racing-tanjong-pagar-crash-faishal-ibrahim-mha-14329778

4 cases only ?

hokay ... [;)]

Which is more a govt problem ?? Gambling , drunkards , Cyber Bullying , Vice , Drugs , Leotard bikers or modded vehicles  ...... the list goes on ....... hope after the recent incident will send a chill down the spine to owners  modded vehicles ........ tot we are like developed country but there will always be some whom will rebel ( to be different attract attention or make new strides ...... action action ..... yaya papaya) 

• Praise 5

(edited)
2 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Which is more a govt problem ?? Gambling , drunkards , Cyber Bullying , Vice , Drugs , Leotard bikers or modded vehicles  ...... the list goes on ....... hope after the recent incident will send a chill down the spine to owners  modded vehicles ........ tot we are like developed country but there will always be some whom will rebel ( to be different attract attention or make new strides ...... action action ..... yaya papaya) 

Those who modified are the ones who "No See Coffin, No Tears" types ... [drivingcar][drivingcar][drivingcar]

Can still see many modified Vios zoom zoom down Expressways, small roads and streets. Even normal Lancer look-a-like the original Lancer Evo. [rolleyes]

I am for sure that Vios does not comes with sports model with big exhaust, spoiler & body kits. Or does it comes with it !!!! :slow:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2