5 dead in Tanjong Pagar speeding accident

Karoon

10 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Those who modified are the ones who "No See Coffin, No Tears" types ... [drivingcar][drivingcar][drivingcar]

Can still see many modified Vios zoom zoom down Expressways, small roads and streets. Even normal Lancer look-a-like the original Lancer Evo. [rolleyes]

I am for sure that Vios does not comes with sports model with big exhaust, spoiler & body kits. Or does it comes with it !!!! :slow:

Vios is a very “ mischievous “ for Beng-ing in local parlance (modding)as were Starlets in the late 90’s 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)
On 3/5/2021 at 10:52 AM, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Those who modified are the ones who "No See Coffin, No Tears" types ... [drivingcar][drivingcar][drivingcar]

Can still see many modified Vios zoom zoom down Expressways, small roads and streets. Even normal Lancer look-a-like the original Lancer Evo. [rolleyes]

I am for sure that Vios does not comes with sports model with big exhaust, spoiler & body kits. Or does it comes with it !!!! :slow:

Yes it does but not singapore though.

The first generation( decade ago) thai used the vios with turbo thown in for official race track. 

Even in Malaysia there were vios mod with turbo thrown in as well.

I am talking about 1st generation vios though...haha

I just scroll through youtube. Yes, latest generation bios with turbo used for racing in thailand as well.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

18 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Any reason for the high fire rate of BMWs?

Saw on Roads.sg.

The owner posted... Luckily no injury.. 

SMA car registration... Still under warranty, no mod. 

Just went back AD for servicing. 

Looks like X1

Turbocharged
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Saw on Roads.sg.

Looks like X1

It's SMS prefix. Not SMA.

This is the actual car that caught fire.

Screenshot_20210307-151334.png

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged
57 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Saw on Roads.sg.

Looks like X1

they replaced a fuse But is it the same rating?

To cover a "problem" some old bird technician will "upgrade" the fuse to a higher rating.. so this may lead to bigger problem; over current to components resulting in fire

Just my wild guess..

• Shocked 2

Hypersonic
28 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Black car burn until become white 😅

• Haha! 2

32 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Think I got Dylexsic.... 

I see SMS but type SMA. 😅😅

• Haha! 2

18 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

they replaced a fuse But is it the same rating?

To cover a "problem" some old bird technician will "upgrade" the fuse to a higher rating.. so this may lead to bigger problem; over current to components resulting in fire

Just my wild guess..

Yes, I am thinking along the same line as you. The lazy technician probably couldn't find out why the original rated fuse kept popping, so put in a higher rated fuse to get the car out of the workshop and ended up killing the car.

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Few months old stock BMW X1 on fire. Stock also can catch fire. Very worrying. BMW = Brings More Worries

https://www.facebook.com/754466095/posts/10159375410766096/?d=n

21 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Final warning: Stop spamming unverified information in multiple threads! You have been warned! 

The one that caught fire was the pre-facelift F48 X1 sDrive18i xLine, which the last units was registered in October 2019, so confirm it is >1 year old, NOT few months old as you have claimed. And given that it is a pre-owned unit, it may be >4 years old even. And do you know all the owners of this particular X1, if not how sure you are that it is in stock condition? 

BTW, this is how the facelift X1 xLine (officially launched in Singapore by PML on 2 October 2019) look like. Can easily see the difference in the front grill, bumper, lights, etc. 

11775_g36_b.jpg

• Praise 10
  • Shocked 1

More road dividers to be installed at Tanjong Pagar Road after fatal CNY accident

SINGAPORE - More safety features will be installed at Tanjong Pagar Road by the end of the year, said the Land Transport Authority (LTA) on Wednesday (Sept 8).

This follows the fiery pre-dawn accident on Feb 13, the second day of Chinese New Year, when a white speeding BMW slammed into a vacant shophouse unit and burst into flames. All five men in the vehicle were killed.

LTA told The Straits Times more road dividers will be installed along Tanjong Pagar Road in the coming months.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/more-road-dividers-to-be-installed-at-tanjong-pagar-road-after-fatal-cny-accident

• Praise 2

Updates : Woman who suffered 80% burns trying to save fiance in Tanjong Pagar crash in positive spirits since discharge

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/woman-who-suffered-80-burns-trying-save-fiance-tanjong-pagar-crash-positive-spirits

Woman who suffered 80% burns trying to save fiance in Tanjong Pagar crash in positive spirits since discharge

Ms Raybe Oh, whose fiance Jonathan Long died in the Tanjong Pagar crash, recently posted a picture of them on her Instagram stories.PHOTOS: SCREENGRAB FROM INSTAGRAM, ST FILE

PreviousNext

Nov 25, 2021 01:06 pm

After about four months in hospital, Ms Raybe Oh Siew Huey, the 26-year-old who suffered serious burns attempting to save her fiance from a burning car, was discharged in June.

Ms Oh, a former air stewardess and getai performer, suffered severe burns to about 80 per cent of her body while trying to rescue Mr Jonathan Long, 29, and four friends, after the car crashed into a shophouse in Tanjong Pagar at around 5.40am on Feb 13.

In response to queries from The Straits Times on Thursday (Nov 25), the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) confirmed that Ms Oh was discharged in June.

She recently posted a picture of herself and Mr Long with a heart shape on her Instagram stories.

She had been inactive on social media until March, when she posted a picture of Mr Long on her Instagram stories to wish him a happy birthday and say she missed him.

In September, she posted several pictures of dishes from different eateries on Instagram.

SINGAPORE

Woman taken to hospital after getting hit by e-bike

Nov 16, 2021

Related Stories

Dutch man’s genitals rot after bitten by cobra while on safari

Rust movie crew member may need arm amputation after spider bite on set

Mudslides off Bukit Batok Nature Park cliff ongoing for 2 months: Residents

Mr Long, the driver, and four others in the car - Mr Eugene Yap, 29; Mr Elvin Tan Yong Hao, 28; Mr Wilson Teo Qi Xiang, 26; and Mr Gary Wong Hong Chieh, 29 - died in the crash.

Ms Oh was taken to SGH and was warded in the intensive care unit. She was stabilised after a little over a week and moved to a high dependency ward.

Shin Min Daily News reported on Wednesday that she has been in contact with some of her friends through social media.

Those who spoke to the Chinese evening daily, including getai performer Komei Foong, said Ms Oh has remained in positive spirits, but needs the time and space to heal.

"She has been very positive, and people who don't know her might not even know what she has gone through," said Ms Foong.

"I hope to be able to meet and chat with her in person but at this stage, I think she still needs space."

Ms Raybe Oh, a former SIA stewardess and getai performer, suffered severe burns to about 80 per cent of her body when she tried to rescue her fiance. PHOTO: ST FILE

Mr Long's father told Shin Min that Ms Oh is still undergoing rehabilitation, skin grafting and physical therapy.

He added that he still treats her as his daughter and cares about her.

• Praise 6