5 dead in Tanjong Pagar speeding accident

Karoon

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Updates : Woman who suffered 80% burns trying to save fiance in Tanjong Pagar crash in positive spirits since discharge

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/woman-who-suffered-80-burns-trying-save-fiance-tanjong-pagar-crash-positive-spirits

Woman who suffered 80% burns trying to save fiance in Tanjong Pagar crash in positive spirits since discharge

Ms Raybe Oh, whose fiance Jonathan Long died in the Tanjong Pagar crash, recently posted a picture of them on her Instagram stories.PHOTOS: SCREENGRAB FROM INSTAGRAM, ST FILE

PreviousNext

Nov 25, 2021 01:06 pm

After about four months in hospital, Ms Raybe Oh Siew Huey, the 26-year-old who suffered serious burns attempting to save her fiance from a burning car, was discharged in June.

Ms Oh, a former air stewardess and getai performer, suffered severe burns to about 80 per cent of her body while trying to rescue Mr Jonathan Long, 29, and four friends, after the car crashed into a shophouse in Tanjong Pagar at around 5.40am on Feb 13.

In response to queries from The Straits Times on Thursday (Nov 25), the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) confirmed that Ms Oh was discharged in June.

She recently posted a picture of herself and Mr Long with a heart shape on her Instagram stories.

She had been inactive on social media until March, when she posted a picture of Mr Long on her Instagram stories to wish him a happy birthday and say she missed him.

In September, she posted several pictures of dishes from different eateries on Instagram.

SINGAPORE

Woman taken to hospital after getting hit by e-bike

Nov 16, 2021

Related Stories

Dutch man’s genitals rot after bitten by cobra while on safari

Rust movie crew member may need arm amputation after spider bite on set

Mudslides off Bukit Batok Nature Park cliff ongoing for 2 months: Residents

Mr Long, the driver, and four others in the car - Mr Eugene Yap, 29; Mr Elvin Tan Yong Hao, 28; Mr Wilson Teo Qi Xiang, 26; and Mr Gary Wong Hong Chieh, 29 - died in the crash.

Ms Oh was taken to SGH and was warded in the intensive care unit. She was stabilised after a little over a week and moved to a high dependency ward.

Shin Min Daily News reported on Wednesday that she has been in contact with some of her friends through social media.

Those who spoke to the Chinese evening daily, including getai performer Komei Foong, said Ms Oh has remained in positive spirits, but needs the time and space to heal.

"She has been very positive, and people who don't know her might not even know what she has gone through," said Ms Foong.

"I hope to be able to meet and chat with her in person but at this stage, I think she still needs space."

Ms Raybe Oh, a former SIA stewardess and getai performer, suffered severe burns to about 80 per cent of her body when she tried to rescue her fiance. PHOTO: ST FILE

Mr Long's father told Shin Min that Ms Oh is still undergoing rehabilitation, skin grafting and physical therapy.

He added that he still treats her as his daughter and cares about her.

Glad to know she is doing ok.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/tanjong-pagar-crash-raybe-oh-has-endured-32-surgeries-and-survived-pneumonia

Straits Times changed the report hah?

Thought the report said something else that if she can turn back the time she will still run back to save the driver....

Haiz...

If I can turn back the time ....

I will take the key fob and save 4 lives.

Think it doesn't get into her of what caused the fire yet.

• Praise 5

Media still reporting her? Just let her be.

As long as she think it’s worth it. 

Firehouse - Love of a lifetime

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Media still reporting her? Just let her be.

As long as she think it’s worth it. 

Firehouse - Love of a lifetime

ST trying hard to attract more readers to increase their readership...

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

She's gone thru much.... 32 operations? And counting, I read. 

And she's willing to go thru it again if time is turned back. 

I am guessing she meant she is willing to sacrifice her life or do whatever it takes for the man she loved. 

What a lucky guy, if only he did not die so early. 

Wishing her well and full recovery.

May she have a chance at love and this time, they will enjoy life till death do them part. 

Stay safe all. Have a good night's rest. 

Cheers 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

ST trying hard to attract more readers to increase their readership...

Agree.

Sob story sells.

But the message must be right

The journalist must ask the right questions. If have to.... leading questions.

To seek the right message.

Hypersonic

Following the fatal crash, the Land Transport Authority looked into the road conditions at Tanjong Pagar and subsequently installed more traffic-calming measures such as road dividers and pedestrian crossings.

pedestrian crossings as a traffic calming measure? 🤣

If a driver is reckless, a pedestrian crossing will not do shit to him.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 6

Twincharged
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Following the fatal crash, the Land Transport Authority looked into the road conditions at Tanjong Pagar and subsequently installed more traffic-calming measures such as road dividers and pedestrian crossings.

Don’t you know, LTA is always kaki Kong kaki Song! Only they understand and acknowledge what they are spouting.

the public bo tat che one. Don’t have the metal capability to understand their intentions. They know better and we don’t.  🤣

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 8

Supersonic
57 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Pedestrian crossings can slow down traffic lo, you see some road traffic is slow and heavy, due to too many pedestrian crossings along the stretch of the road. Lol.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
37 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Pedestrian crossings can slow down traffic lo, you see some road traffic is slow and heavy, due to too many pedestrian crossings along the stretch of the road. Lol.

Yep at 3am, I’m sure reckless driver will slow down and see if there’s anybody when they see a pedestrian crossing. 🤣

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 13

32 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Yep at 3am, I’m sure reckless driver will slow down when they see a pedestrian crossing. 🤣

Maybe ghost crossing so scared and slow down....

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Yep at 3am, I’m sure reckless driver will slow down and see if there’s anybody when they see a pedestrian crossing. 🤣

I think the pedestrian crossing is a huge ass hump.

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
5 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I think the pedestrian crossing is a huge ass hump.

Is it? Haven’t driven there for ages. Huge ass hump is good. 😁

If you drive along Lorong 8 Toa Payoh starting from the market cum hawker center to the Polyclinic, you can never speed..... :wut:

The number of big humps along that stretch of road.... :darkmood:

Spoke to the MP and was informed that because that stretch of HDB houses, lots of old folks (Grey Hair) staying there and the big  humps are to slow down the vehicles speed.    :we-all-gonna-die:

So much so that even the 'T' junction near to Braddell Tech Industrial Buildings also raised up . :=B:

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

.... and there goes my FC too 😰 ..... and stress on engine mounts/ suspension 😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1